Swap My Guitar?
ChrisVdS
Feb 1 2009, 11:45 PM
GMC:er
Hi guys,

I own an Ibanez RG 2008 limited edition and i'm considering to sell it and buy a Yamaha pacifica 112 with the violin sunburst finish it's amazing. The reason why i i'm considering to sell it is because it has almost no sustain except on the D string it does quiete good just on one string is not good enough and well i posted something about a problem with the guitar before and that was about fretbuzz...

So does anyone has had expirience with these Yamaha guitars or own one that can tell me little bit about that guitar??
From what i have been told it's got great value for the price you pay for it it's about 230 euros.

Thx in advance
Chris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:

Fender "California series" stratocaster
Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Fran
Feb 1 2009, 11:52 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Yamaha pacificas are nice strats on budget. I mean they are relieable and not bad.

If you are unhappy with your current guitar sell it, and get what you want smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 1 2009, 11:55 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I thought you were kidding... laugh.gif You can buy a Pacifica here in the State's for around $200.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 2 2009, 12:46 AM
Instructor
Pacifica can be a good guitar for practice and as a backup guitar, so I think you should definitely check it out. In that price range it definitely has some qualities. Just be sure to check out the guitar thoroughly - not all pieces are good.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Feb 2 2009, 01:38 AM
Learning Tone Master
Get your Ibanez set up by a guitar tech and install some new pickups and you will never think about a Yamaha again...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 2 2009, 02:06 AM
Instructor
The pacifica is a good guitar for it's price, but i would never recommend changing it for a Ibanez RG!
To me, it would be the same as wanting to exhange a really good car with a bicycle because the car had a faulty cigarette-lighter.

Take it to a tech and get some work done on it, you wont regret it smile.gif

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Feb 2 2009, 02:06 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Fullmetal_Tmd
Feb 2 2009, 03:04 AM
Yes, get the Ibanez set up by a tech instead of getting rid of it. The Pacifica is okay, but its nothing like an RG.

Btw, what model RG do you have anyways? I'm kinda curious tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Fullmetal_Tmd: Feb 2 2009, 03:05 AM

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Feb 2 2009, 06:05 AM
i wanted the rg2008 ltd so bad....you need a set up bro...its even better looking than the pacifica

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Jesse
Feb 2 2009, 11:06 AM
I personally dont like pacifica's too much:D Don't know why really, must be a combination of stratocaster/ibanez mix... yuck:DThe Rg on the other hand is pretty neat, just get it set-up!

This post has been edited by Jesse: Feb 2 2009, 11:07 AM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Feb 2 2009, 11:16 AM
QUOTE (Fullmetal_Tmd @ Feb 2 2009, 03:04 AM) *
Yes, get the Ibanez set up by a tech instead of getting rid of it. The Pacifica is okay, but its nothing like an RG.

Btw, what model RG do you have anyways? I'm kinda curious tongue.gif

RG 2008 limited edition

QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Feb 2 2009, 02:06 AM) *
The pacifica is a good guitar for it's price, but i would never recommend changing it for a Ibanez RG!
To me, it would be the same as wanting to exhange a really good car with a bicycle because the car had a faulty cigarette-lighter.

Take it to a tech and get some work done on it, you wont regret it smile.gif

Well it might be better to take it again to a tech like you guys say and buy the pacifica as second guitar.

--------------------
Gear:

Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Feb 2 2009, 01:39 PM
QUOTE (ChrisVdS @ Feb 2 2009, 05:16 AM) *
RG 2008 limited edition

Well it might be better to take it again to a tech like you guys say and buy the pacifica as second guitar.

HOLY GOD ALMIGHTY! Hahahahaha you are SOOOOO joking about the pacifica. Tell you what smack your head repeatedly against the table until you realize how BEAUTIFUL that guitar is. wink.gif All joking aside that guitar will smoke a pacifica any day. I'd actually recommend that you save up for a new amp and get a guitar set up. That roland won't do justice. MAN! that's so sick. Whats the model name I want SOOOO bad.

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Feb 2 2009, 03:22 PM
its an rg2008ltd....they dont make em any more...they were pretty rare to start....and they are the same as an RG3 or 4 series....and same price as well

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:

+Quote Post
GuitarJones
Feb 2 2009, 03:31 PM
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Feb 2 2009, 09:22 AM) *
its an rg2008ltd....they dont make em any more...they were pretty rare to start....and they are the same as an RG3 or 4 series....and same price as well

Hey Chris,

If you simply raise your Lo-Pro/Bridge up just a little you should get the sustain you want. It only takes an Allen wrench and about a quarter of a turn on both the high and low side of the Lo-Pro. If your still having trouble after this it might need a truss rod adjustment too. That is a nice guitar... and might be worth some money someday!

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Feb 2 2009, 08:38 PM
ALSO CLICK THE LINK IN MY SIGNATURE!

its a list of guides creater for ibanez players by ibanez players!!!

lots of good info there!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:

+Quote Post
sted
Feb 2 2009, 10:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
The Ibanez is a very different guitar to the Yam, I would look at your playing style and try and think which axe suits you better, personally im not a fan of ibanez, dont know why just always seem harsh to me, but thats my personal opinion.

Just a thought though, there is a well respected mag here called "Guitarist" (duh...!) and the Yam is in a feature this month as "One of fifty guitars to play before you die" that is very high praise for a so called budget guitar, future classic?? blink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 2 2009, 10:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ChrisVdS @ Feb 2 2009, 11:16 AM) *
RG 2008 limited edition

Definitely! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Jesse
Feb 2 2009, 10:52 PM
QUOTE (sted @ Feb 2 2009, 10:23 PM) *
The Ibanez is a very different guitar to the Yam, I would look at your playing style and try and think which axe suits you better, personally im not a fan of ibanez, dont know why just always seem harsh to me, but thats my personal opinion.

Just a thought though, there is a well respected mag here called "Guitarist" (duh...!) and the Yam is in a feature this month as "One of fifty guitars to play before you die" that is very high praise for a so called budget guitar, future classic?? blink.gif
Could you like, tell us what they said in there? Because I can't imagine that haha:D Oh well, maybe!,I mean... ehm.

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
sted
Feb 3 2009, 07:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
Quote from Guitarist on the Pacifica as requested "Who plays one? well you and us. The Pacifica, originally designed by Yamahas Hollywood based custom shop, is Yamahas best selling electric guitar by a mile or two. Its solid alder body, as opposed to laminate give it unique status in the lower end market since its launch in '93. Yamaha is known for its consistency and originally it was made in Yamahas Taiwanese factory before moving to Yamahas Indonesian factory a couple of years back. Did anyone notice the difference? No. Decent qaulity hardware, good pickups (upgraded in 2007) and a proper fret job and set-up make this the ideal starter student guitar or more than reliable back-up guitar. Perfect for upgrading too, as we found in issue 304. every home should have one!"

http://www.guitarist.co.uk/page/guitarist

There you go!

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Feb 3 2009, 11:17 PM
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Feb 2 2009, 03:22 PM) *

True i saw it on the ibanez website and started searching for it not even Musick store in germany had it untill i found it here in Belgium people that aren't into the whole guitar thing would not understand but at that time we had the worst weather conditions i have seen for some time visibillity about 5 meters i also remember it was raining so hard that there were big puddles of water on the highway but i went trough all of that to get my guitar as this was one of the few here sold in Belgium.

QUOTE (Marshmall0wz @ Feb 2 2009, 01:39 PM) *
HOLY GOD ALMIGHTY! Hahahahaha you are SOOOOO joking about the pacifica. Tell you what smack your head repeatedly against the table until you realize how BEAUTIFUL that guitar is. wink.gif All joking aside that guitar will smoke a pacifica any day. I'd actually recommend that you save up for a new amp and get a guitar set up. That roland won't do justice. MAN! that's so sick. Whats the model name I want SOOOO bad.

Yeah i'm considering to buy a Peavey Vypyr 30

--------------------
Gear:

Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Feb 3 2009, 11:19 PM
QUOTE (ChrisVdS @ Feb 3 2009, 05:17 PM) *
True i saw it on the ibanez website and started searching for it not even Musick store in germany had it untill i found it here in Belgium people that aren't into the whole guitar thing would not understand but at that time we had the worst weather conditions i have seen for some time visibillity about 5 meters i also remember it was raining so hard that there were big puddles of water on the highway but i went trough all of that to get my guitar as this was one of the few here sold in Belgium.

Yeah i'm considering to buy a Peavey Vypyr 30

Buy it. right now. best $250 ive EVER spent.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:10 AM