3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
New Instructor : Mitch Roberts!
Chris Evans
Aug 10 2009, 08:06 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hey GMC:ers!

yes! its time to introduce a new Instructor to add to our already awesome line up of quality Instructors here at GMC.

I am delighted to introduce to you ........

Mitch Roberts

Attached Image

In Mitch`s own words:

Playing guitar is a huge part of my life, It's my job, what I'm going to school for, and my biggest hobby. I have been teaching private lessons out of music stores since I was 15. I've played in various different bands throughout the years, the main two being an award winning progressive metal band, and shortly after, the longest lasting country rock band in Central Wisconsin. I've learned alot about myself from playing guitar, things like work drive, concentration and the ability to completely disregard the option of ever getting a real job! I've taken around 10 years of private instruction, and this coming september im attending the Musicians Institute of LA.

Playing and Influences
My musical influences have changed greatly over the years, i used to try to model my playing style after guys like John Petrucci, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, etc. However, a few years ago i opened up to country and discovered a plethora of amazing guitar players, Guys like Brent Mason, Johnny Hiland and Danny Gatton. Lately, I've still been honing my country chops, but have been really interested in Fusion. Greg Howe, Guthrie Govan and Scott Henderson are currently getting alot of rotation in my cd player. It's hard to put my finger on what genre of music is really my favorite, as I like alot of non-guitar oriented music also.

At GMC
Having taught private lessons for years before joining GMC, I have found methods of teaching that work, and hope to apply these methods in an easy to understand, personal experience. If you ever have a question about any of my material, or anything for that matter, I will be more than willing to help!

Check out more of Mitch`s playing here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=769zH0KbwQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWo5b85bxC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsFxBvXSxIw

Its great to have you here with us Mitch ... Welcome to GMC!! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 10 2009, 08:12 PM
GMC:er
This sounds like Kentucky Fried Rock/Fusionness.

Thats the best way I could describe it! laugh.gif

Just awesome, I am really excited about this guy!

Your awesome Mitch ! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Bondy
Aug 10 2009, 08:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Welcome Mitch awesome Video i look forward to you lessons. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

PS A Brad Paisley lesson would be Wicked, Kentucky Jelly style smile.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Aug 10 2009, 08:17 PM
Wow.

Great app, glad the power that be ... were smile.gif

Welcome to GMC, Mitch. Can't wait to see your lessons, also can't wait to see if Emir jumps all over you to talk about country licks.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 10 2009, 08:19 PM
Instructor
Awesome playing man. It's really cool to hear mixture of different styles in your playing. I like to play country too but you're on a different level with that stuff smile.gif I am sure this website will benefit from your lessons.

Welcome to GMC smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Aug 10 2009, 08:28 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Great playing and looking forward to your lessons smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Aug 10 2009, 08:32 PM
Welcome to gmc! we sure need some more country and fusion smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mitch Roberts
Aug 10 2009, 08:51 PM
Hey Everyone, Mitch Here (I've gotta change my forum name yet)

Thanks for all the kind responses, and i definitely do have some country lessons coming up, cooking one up right now in fact!

If any of you have ANY questions, about me, playing, or in general I'd be glad to give you my 2 cents, so feel free to ask!

Seeya! smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my lessons!
[post=0]My Facebook, feel free to add me[/post]
[post=0]My Youtube page, check it out![/post]

+Quote Post
Chokehold
Aug 10 2009, 09:12 PM
QUOTE (robem9485 @ Aug 10 2009, 09:51 PM) *
Hey Everyone, Mitch Here (I've gotta change my forum name yet)

Thanks for all the kind responses, and i definitely do have some country lessons coming up, cooking one up right now in fact!

If any of you have ANY questions, about me, playing, or in general I'd be glad to give you my 2 cents, so feel free to ask!

Seeya! smile.gif

More country! biggrin.gif

And welcome!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Hellraiser C-7, Epiphone SG, Some old fake Strat, and an acoustic of unknown brand.
Amp: Marshall MG 30DFX.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 10 2009, 09:21 PM
GMC Founder
Yes! biggrin.gif You found your way Mitch - GMC definitely needs more country lessons. Welcome to GMC!

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Aug 10 2009, 09:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
Nice playing mitch, those chops are something ive never heard before mate!

+Quote Post
axes
Aug 10 2009, 09:38 PM
Hey there Mitch! Amazing playing, I'm looking forward to your lessons smile.gif

This post has been edited by axes: Aug 10 2009, 09:39 PM

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 10 2009, 09:39 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Welcome Mitch, awesome playing man, can't wait to see what you have in store! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mitch Roberts
Aug 10 2009, 09:40 PM
Again, thanks all for the nice comments, if you want to hop in the chat room I'll be there for the next little while!

Mitch

--------------------
Check out my lessons!
[post=0]My Facebook, feel free to add me[/post]
[post=0]My Youtube page, check it out![/post]

+Quote Post
Tolek
Aug 10 2009, 09:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome to GMC! Your application video is great! Looking forward to the lessons. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Aug 10 2009, 09:51 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome Mitch!

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Aug 10 2009, 09:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Mitch,

Welcome to GMC.

Nice intro.

Again another fantastic player/instructor at GMC, that is about to teach us.

Looking forward to your lessons

Is MusicMan your main axe?

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
arctic1234
Aug 10 2009, 10:02 PM
Learning Tone Master
Wow! Amazing country licks! laugh.gif

I'm looking forward too you lessons! smile.gif

--------------------

"Fake it ´til you make it"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 10 2009, 10:08 PM
Instructor
That is really professional man, and great techniques, those country chops is definitely something I would like to see soon. Welcome aboard man! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 10 2009, 10:11 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
That was way beyond amazing. You have found a cool style Mitch, looking forward to see more of you around here. Welcome! smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:23 PM