My Article On Vibrato
Ben Higgins
Jun 1 2012, 02:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Guys, Bogdan kindly asked me to do an article for another website, shredthisway.com and I decided to dedicate it to vibrato. I feel that it contains much of my view on his aspect and how to approach it. I hope you like it ! smile.gif

http://www.shredthisway.com/2012/06/import...for-guitar.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gregc1
Jun 1 2012, 07:16 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Spot on Ben. You have opened my eyes to this through this site and I've already seen the difference in my playing. I'm no where close to being a speed demon shredder and have miles to go in other areas but when I listen back to my recordings now they sound more legit to me than before I started with this site mainly just due to better vibrato that I've gained. I was definitely a knee-jerk guy before but I've learned to slow it down sometimes and then really dig in and make it nasty and loud as well when appropriate.

Nowhere close to you and Lavendell but that's my goal. Even more so than picking up speed.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shredthisway
Jun 1 2012, 07:20 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 1 2012, 01:44 PM) *
Hi Guys, Bogdan kindly asked me to do an article for another website, shredthisway.com and I decided to dedicate it to vibrato. I feel that it contains much of my view on his aspect and how to approach it. I hope you like it ! smile.gif

http://www.shredthisway.com/2012/06/import...for-guitar.html

Indeed a very helpful post Ben. Cheers!!! from me and the Shredthisway team
Let me know if you would like to write more articles for us.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 1 2012, 07:27 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Great article Ben! I never really thought about vibrato in technical terms. Its a good reminder to bring that note back to pitch each time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jun 1 2012, 07:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
You are quite the writer! Nice write-up!
Since the topic is vibrato - I don't think you've touched on chaos vibrato yet? Where you begin with a controlled vibrato and increase beyond the bounds of the normal bottom and top note in an angry fashion! smile.gif I may have just coined a term? Chaos or Angry Vibrato.

biggrin.gif

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 2 2012, 09:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Jun 1 2012, 07:16 PM) *
Nowhere close to you and Lavendell but that's my goal. Even more so than picking up speed.

You're not as far away as you may think !! smile.gif

QUOTE (Shredthisway @ Jun 1 2012, 07:20 PM) *
Indeed a very helpful post Ben. Cheers!!! from me and the Shredthisway team
Let me know if you would like to write more articles for us.

Thanks for the opportunity ! smile.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jun 1 2012, 07:27 PM) *
Great article Ben! I never really thought about vibrato in technical terms. Its a good reminder to bring that note back to pitch each time.

Yeah.. it really helps to outline some basic technical exercises that can 'make' a vibrato smile.gif

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Jun 1 2012, 07:51 PM) *
You are quite the writer! Nice write-up!
Since the topic is vibrato - I don't think you've touched on chaos vibrato yet? Where you begin with a controlled vibrato and increase beyond the bounds of the normal bottom and top note in an angry fashion! smile.gif I may have just coined a term? Chaos or Angry Vibrato.

biggrin.gif

Thank you. Ooh, that sounds dangerous !! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 2 2012, 11:03 AM
Instructor
wink.gif As always, you are a very inspired and inspiring writer my friend! Congratulations biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 2 2012, 02:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 2 2012, 11:03 AM) *
wink.gif As always, you are a very inspired and inspiring writer my friend! Congratulations biggrin.gif

Thank You C-Maestro smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 3 2012, 01:12 AM
Instructor
That's a very inspirational article Ben! Good job. I have been always amazed of your Vibrato technique. smile.gif
I didn't know Shredthisway.com, nice site guys! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jun 3 2012, 01:32 AM
Apprentice Roadie
Though I am not at the level to be working on vibrato, it is a great article! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:37 PM