> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: MANOWAR for Beginners, Lesson By Lian Gerbino
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Alex5
Feb 9 2016, 02:36 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: MANOWAR for Beginners by Lian Gerbino

Hi mates, I spent these days polishing the Kings of Metal lesson. Hi try to take the advices from you all. For Gab I worked on the pitch of my bends and vibrato. I've changed my strings too, my tune should be better. For Ben I try to brush the strings larger to sound the whole chords. For Darius I work on my tone, I follow your advices to be more clear in the mix. I hope you will find some differences with the first one. Others bands play, Manowar KILLS ! ^^

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=56540

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 10 2016, 07:08 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex!

It's awesome to compare this take with the previous one. The improvements are clear on each of the topics that you've commented here. I notice that your tone is better, your pitch is ok, and your overall playing is tighter. The solo section was the part with more serious issues and I also find that your playing is better there.

From my previous list of things to work, I'd like to keep this:

- Practicing bending and vibrato to make it sound more consistent.

The solo section still has room to polish bending and vibrato so you need to continue focusing on these techniques.

Congrats on your great job!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 11 2016, 10:08 AM
Instructor
Well well smile.gif You in deed make constant progress. The tone is much better now. Attack is there but I can hear what notes you play as well. I can also notice huge improvement in bends precision (better pitch).

As for polishing bends and vibrato that Gab mentioned. You know...those techniques are quite complex and I personally think that's it's very hard to master them thorugh just a few lessons. It's somthing we develope through years of playing but of course the more focus you give you give to it, the earlier you'll notice progress. At the moment you are able to play the thing at the level we may call "proper". It misses some fluency that is hard to point where and how to get it. In fact I'm not afraid about you since your hard work does profit and I'm sure you'll get that "fluency" someday smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 16 2016, 07:17 PM
Instructor
Hi man, good to see another take from you.

You do sound more confident with this lesson now although there are some things to take away that you can improve:

-The power chords. I still think you could get the sound of the D string a bit better. The tones from the E and A strings are most dominant but the notes on the D string need to come through to give the chords their flavour. However this is a better job this time smile.gif

-Bending and vibrato. As Darius said, you're never going to master these techniques in a few weeks. People develop their bending and vibrato over years.. it takes a long time to sound really good with them so we don't expect you to be at that level yet.. but it's still two techniques you must practise.

Another power chord lesson that you may found useful is this one

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Power-Chord-Shifting/

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 16 2016, 08:02 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:16 AM