Protest The Hero
Ian Bushell
Aug 9 2008, 09:28 AM
Instructor
Hello Gmcers!!
I put this band down in a topic to check out, but they've blown me away so much with their totally fresh metal sound, i had to start a new topic!
The vocals might not be every ones cup of tea but you can't deny he has a voice.
The band is flat out technical and just sho!!! Check them out think they're from the US
First album-Kezia, but the second album Fortress has really blown me away!!
www.myspace.com/protestthehero

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Fullmetal_Tmd
Aug 9 2008, 09:34 AM
GMC:er
I have their album 'Fortress,' and its literally the only metalcore band i like laugh.gif
Of course, whenever i listen to the album, I just loop 'Bloodmeat' over and over again, its an addictive song tongue.gif
EDIT: Btw, they're actually from Canada, but that really doesn't matter.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Fullmetal_Tmd: Aug 9 2008, 09:36 AM

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Aug 9 2008, 09:40 AM
Instructor
CANADA!!! That's cool, thanks man!
Yeah 'bloodmeat' is a great song! the album is just full of great guitar licks and things, i'll look into a style of lesson if there's enough of a request for it and as soon as i get my head around this album hahahaha great stuff!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Aug 9 2008, 09:27 PM
Instructor
"Fortress" is a masterpiece, many great songs like "Sequioa Throne", "Bloodmeat" and "The Dissentience". I really like he's vocals, very diverse type of singing which I really enjoy. And the guitar players are just crazy!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Aug 10 2008, 05:32 PM
Personally I like Kezia more (not much for power-ish metal) even though Bloodmeat is absolutely mindblowing!! And even so Fortress really isn't a bad record. Brilliant band with fantastic vocalist.. well the other members aren't useless either are they? tongue.gif Together with Sikth, PTH are the only band who I think manages to make good songs and music out of shredding without getting it to sound stupid and boring!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 10 2008, 05:41 PM
Learning Tone Master
The vocalist ruins it for me, but the guitars blow me away. I've seen them as a support for another band a few years back and they put up a decent show back then. And hell yeah there is request for a lesson in their style!!!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Aug 10 2008, 05:44 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I've heard of them but havent listenend to them really. Ill check'em out though thanks for sharing.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Spleeny
Aug 17 2008, 04:06 PM
PTH are one of those bands you get a friend to listen to and they become instantly mesmorised they are definatley interesting and worth a listen. Sequoia Throne was the first track i heard and promptly bought both albums not to be dissapointed!

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 17 2008, 04:17 PM
QUOTE (Ian Bushell @ Aug 9 2008, 03:28 AM) *
Hello Gmcers!!
I put this band down in a topic to check out, but they've blown me away so much with their totally fresh metal sound, i had to start a new topic!
The vocals might not be every ones cup of tea but you can't deny he has a voice.
The band is flat out technical and just sho!!! Check them out think they're from the US
First album-Kezia, but the second album Fortress has really blown me away!!
www.myspace.com/protestthehero

Lover your lessons and style Ian, however....

Listening to them made me feel like I just drank 30 cups of strong coffee. And while in that state, if my 8 cats all went nuts at one time running around the house hissing and screaming. This band is for those who consider such a sensation as pleasant.

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Aug 18 2008, 09:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (fkalich @ Aug 17 2008, 05:17 PM) *
Lover your lessons and style Ian, however....

Listening to them made me feel like I just drank 30 cups of strong coffee. And while in that state, if my 8 cats all went nuts at one time running around the house hissing and screaming. This band is for those who consider such a sensation as pleasant.

Thanks alot man!!!

LOL!!! Geez man!! That was a really funny description but i see where you coming from...
hahaha brilliant.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Aug 18 2008, 10:10 AM
The Guitars were really great, I just don't like that kind of singing that much smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 18 2008, 12:05 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Ian Bushell @ Aug 18 2008, 04:39 AM) *
LOL!!! Geez man!! That was a really funny description but i see where you coming from...
hahaha brilliant.

That was pretty standard from fkalich smile.gif We've learned to live with his cat obsessed sideways view on life, and occasionally he can be very enlightening!

By the way, how's Bobo Fkalich?

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Aug 18 2008, 10:19 PM
Singing Instructor
Vocal is amazing(up,down,scream,grhol,clean).
And they are perfect technically.
Thanks for the myspace address.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Aug 22 2008, 07:20 PM
Amazing band, they do it all, and they do it all without taking themselves too seriously. I got to see them a couple months ago and they kicked ass, I got the meet Arif(the bassist) after the show and he was a super cool, super nice guy.

I made a PTH thread here a while back, and I only got like 2 responses, and one of the dudes hated them or something. laugh.gif But I'm glad more people know them now, and recognize that they're a good band, because they deserve it.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:53 PM