12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12  
Corona Virus Spreading Out Of China
AK Rich
Yesterday, 09:00 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 8 2020, 11:50 AM) *
Yes, it seems so. And this can take us into political ground if we are not careful - which is what seems to be happening now.

I am more than happy to discuss politics - but I have found that for the good of the community it is best left out here.

Generally yeah, if we use our own analysis - discussions seem to get more friendly and contain less 'fake news' stuff.

Ah ok. I understand what you are saying now and I agree. Thanks for the clarification. I think we just had a little bump in the road so to speak and we will be staying more on point now. Thanks for your patience in not closing down what is an important discussion, Kris.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Yesterday, 10:38 PM
GMC:er
So good news for USA estimated death gone from 80.000 to 60.000 considering if current precautions continue till august. I heard California was extremely successful and now the government is analyzing their success.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Yesterday, 10:38 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Yesterday, 11:10 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 8 2020, 10:38 PM) *
So good news for USA estimated death gone from 80.000 to 60.000 considering if current precautions continue till august. I heard California was extremely successful and now the government is analyzing their success.

they have sun , warm weather and vitamin d from walking in the sun. I think hiding inside is a death threat to someone that is vulnerable

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Today, 12:24 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 8 2020, 01:38 PM) *

Good news indeed. I think the revision to 60,000 is actually down from 100,000 - 240,000 though instead of 80,000 which is even better. I think, and I am hopeful that as we continue to get more data, that those projections will continue to fall and that we will end up with a result that keeps us below the avg seasonal flu morbidity rate.
Early on there were projections and speculation that millions in this county could die but as we move forward and continue to get more data, things are looking better and more manageable.

Other good news is that in New York, hospital admissions and ICU admissions have fallen over the past few days and the number of people being released from hospitals has risen. Hopefully this continues as a trend as the death rate going down is sure to follow.

As far as California goes, I think they have done a pretty good job there. I wasn't real happy with the mayor of San Francisco shutting things down the way he did because I think the governor should have taken the lead on that kind of action. But it has worked out for them and right now they are looking really good in spite of the kind of international traffic that flows through there. I think the travel ban from China early on helped too. It seems that in New York that international travelers that were infected may have taken the long way around from Europe probably contributed to the outbreak there, as well as a slower response by leaders there in regards to implementing a shutdown. A full travel ban from Europe implemented sooner maybe could have helped too.

There is still a chance that this could taper off as we move into summer. I realize that there are outbreaks in the southern hemisphere too but we have to consider that those countries are moving into the winter flu season as countries in the northern hemisphere are moving away from it.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Today, 05:40 AM

+Quote Post
klasaine
Today, 12:46 AM
Going out as little as possible is what is helping us.
It's been raining here in LA and pretty much all over CA for most of the last two weeks solid, which is keeping peeps inside. Also, as I've mentioned, the governor and the mayor of SF and LA are being really hard line in dealing with people who purposefully disregard the rules.
Almost everybody here in Los Angeles wears some type of mask when they enter any type of shop (that's opened).

The real 'trick' will be to see if we can continue to be vigilant. If we slack off because it looks like we're doing OK - all hell could break loose.

Angelenos want to get the back to work, so the mantra here is, "the longer you break the rules, the longer we have to do this - stay the fuck home, and if you go to the store, wear a mask".

This post has been edited by klasaine: Today, 12:48 AM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Today, 04:08 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Things aren't too bad here in Alaska. Last I saw there were about 200 cases and maybe 6 or 8 deaths. The mayor of Anchorage followed suit with the mayor of San Francisco and took action with shutdowns before the governor did and the restrictions there are a bit more strict than the governors restrictions for the rest of the state with more businesses able to stay open as long as they practice social distancing.

At least one grocery store out here in the valley has installed sneeze guards at the checkout counters. And there are still some items that are a bit harder to find including TP, paper towels and facial tissue, some canned goods, especially soup, flour and sugar, some cleaning products and probably a few other things that Stacie and l forget at the moment.

My neighbor went to the valley hospital for some blood work the other day and said that all but 2 floors of the hospital are shut down. The main building is probably 5 or 6 floors. The reason being that most elective procedures have been put off until the danger is over so they can have plenty of space for C-19 patients if needed. As of now they might have two C-19 patients there but I am not sure about that. There have been a few cases in the valley but it's possible they may have went to one of the Anchorage hospitals.

I went into Anchorage today for my immunotherapy and chemo treatment and noticed that there were significantly less cars in the lot than usual so I suspect that some of that hospital may be shut down as well. My oncologist is in a separate building than the main hospital building and there were significantly less cars there in the parking garage for patients too. All of the doctors, PA's, nurses and staff were wearing masks as were the patients except for one guy that the head nurse kind of scolded and reminded that he was high risk for C-19 and that he should be wearing a mask to protect others as well as himself and then gave him one to wear. Everyone's temp is scanned before they let you in past the receptionists and inside they do a great job of keeping all the chairs and surfaces wiped down as patients come and go and there are plenty of bottles of hand sanitizer spread throughout the main floor area as well as the isolated rooms.

Traffic going in and out of Anchorage was definitely reduced but there was still a fair amount of cars on the road, more than I thought there would be but it was pretty smooth sailing. It usually is if it isn't rush hour but I always avoid that so I don't really know how much that has changed. Life out here at the lake is pretty quiet. From my place, on a clear day or night, l can see air traffic coming and going from Anchorage International and Jber which is the joint Army/Air force base and I can see that air traffic is greatly reduced. It's a bit eerie and kind of reminds me of right after 911. Even the small aircraft traffic like Super Cubs and the like is greatly reduced.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Today, 04:23 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Today, 04:52 AM
It seems many folks are just abandoning their animals out of fear that somehow their pets might end up infecting the owners with covid19. The good news is that there is very little chance of this and that the pets are more likely to get infected from the owners than the other way around. So if you have pets, it's safe to keep them smile.gif This is a interview with an animal health expert.

A bit more bad news from New York. It's the highest Death Toll yet in Epicenter here in the states. The "curve" is flattening but 779 people passing away in a single day is just flat out horrible. 2,000 police officers in NY have tested positive. My heart goes out to folks in New York. We have a lot of infections in Florida, but we have nothing near as bad as New York. If any of our members are in New York, please be safe.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th April 2020 - 07:00 AM