2 Pages V   1 2 >  
The Senseless, ..just finished this
Trond Vold
Feb 17 2008, 01:56 AM
Instructor
Just finished this one, and thought i would put it up here.. hope thats ok smile.gif

It was written with vocals in mind, but i cant sing a note so it remains an instrumental, but I'm still not sure if it needs another solo as there's just one at around 3.30 minutes out

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  The_Senseless.mp3 ( 8.73MB ) Number of downloads: 497

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 17 2008, 02:50 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Incredible man, the riffs were really great, Is this gonna be on any album soon or anything?

This sounds really great man, im not just saying that, the intro melody is great, i love the slide in the beginning of it cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Feb 17 2008, 02:54 AM
GMC:er
Very nice and melodic. I love it. smile.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 17 2008, 03:21 AM
Instructor
Thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 17 2008, 02:50 AM) *
Incredible man, the riffs were really great, Is this gonna be on any album soon or anything?

This sounds really great man, im not just saying that, the intro melody is great, i love the slide in the beginning of it cool.gif

No album yet, this is one of around 100 songs i've recorded and finished myself while waiting to get a full band together.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Feb 17 2008, 04:34 AM
Nice job. I really like it. I like how the drums really outline some verses,

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 17 2008, 02:57 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Aww Yeahh! I lked that! biggrin.gif Nice job Trond. Let us know when your material hits a disc. cool.gif

Steve

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 17 2008, 03:25 PM
Sounds awesome! (Ideally I'd like to be able to play at that level, long way to go yet tho tongue.gif)

Sounds very melo-death, out of interest, what are your influences? smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Feb 17 2008, 03:47 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Ah, my favourite smile.gif

Finally finished, eh?

Sounds even better than the one you sent me a while ago, nice smile.gif

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Feb 17 2008, 03:54 PM
Awesome tune man, liked it a lot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 17 2008, 04:00 PM
Instructor
Great song Trond. You only need some lyrics and singing now and it will be complete. Nice concept, the song is really going up and up , maybe even too up form my taste but you finished it off quite nicely in the end. I can see that you really made an effort to produce this one, panorama and the sound is great. EQing can be a littel better, the snare is little one-dimensional fro my taste maybe, and the hihat is too thin and sound looped, but those are very small nuances. The song is great in my opinion, but it really needs the vocals in order to be a song, without it it is not a song, because is not instrumental.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 18 2008, 12:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 17 2008, 04:00 PM) *
Great song Trond. You only need some lyrics and singing now and it will be complete. Nice concept, the song is really going up and up , maybe even too up form my taste but you finished it off quite nicely in the end. I can see that you really made an effort to produce this one, panorama and the sound is great. EQing can be a littel better, the snare is little one-dimensional fro my taste maybe, and the hihat is too thin and sound looped, but those are very small nuances. The song is great in my opinion, but it really needs the vocals in order to be a song, without it it is not a song, because is not instrumental.

Thanks smile.gif

I'm constantly trying to improve on the drums, but getting programmed drums to sound real can be a difficult art to master. Hopefully the next Toontrack release will have some better humanize-functions smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 18 2008, 01:23 AM
Instructor
Like I said, subtle nuances, I think you did great job on programming the drums. Their sound is very close to real, just sound "too clean" bu that is always an issue when doing MIDI drums.

You can dirty up the sound a bit if you have a strong PC but it's a pain...just load several instances of dfh and set the bleed channel on everyone of them (as overhead or hihat). This way you can make a real life bleed.

PS what reverb setting did you use on the hihat?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 18 2008, 03:48 AM
Instructor
I use one of the presets in PSP Easyverb. Not on my studiomachine now so cant check the details.

Havent tried loading more than one instance before, but i'll definetly try that next time.

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Vurpa
Feb 18 2008, 11:58 AM
Awesome song man!!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Feb 29 2008, 12:23 PM
Instructor
Very cool sounding song man, I like the melodies and riffs smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 1 2008, 01:54 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Really good smile.gif

Great job with the drums too.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
kuyabic
Mar 2 2008, 06:07 AM
I'm diggin' the progressions and rhythms. That ascending run toward the middle of the track was tyte.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 19 2010, 03:32 AM
Learning Roadie
Yep, and another favorite of mine - especially ever since i had heard the solo of it on youtube a long time ago. You should post some more of your playing on youtube = even if it's you playing songs we have heard before. That would be cool!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jul 22 2010, 01:05 PM
Jazz Instructor
very good! smile.gif

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jul 23 2010, 01:42 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Your songwriting is insane man! Keep them coming.

On this one, I like the keyboard hook. It really ties it all together and brings something different to the table.
Yeah, it needs some vocals!

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:30 AM