Backing Track To Solo Over!
Todd Simpson
Mar 7 2015, 01:44 AM
GMC:er
Here is a clip of a backing track that I'm working on for this weekends lesson. It's got a harmony rythm guitar bit based on Minor Triads (which we will cover this weekend). Turning out pretty spiff so far smile.gif Here it is!

WHADDYA THINK?

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/macht-preview-instrumental

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Mar 7 2015, 04:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 6 2015, 07:44 PM) *
Here is a clip of a backing track that I'm working on for this weekends lesson. It's got a harmony rythm guitar bit based on Minor Triads (which we will cover this weekend). Turning out pretty spiff so far smile.gif Here it is!

WHADDYA THINK?

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/macht-preview-instrumental

That's pretty raw man damn. Your going to need some serious tone to burn through that one. Nice I like it and here is where I am thinking. Maybe with your help I could play a counter part of clean boppy Jazz lines over as an learning experiment?"

I like it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 7 2015, 05:12 AM
Sure thing smile.gif Beebop sounds good to me!!! I've been soloing over this today and it works almost like a texture since it's so thick as a backing. Download it and go nuts!! Here is the FULL VERSION! smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/macht-full-song-preview-e-minor-instrumental-backing

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Mar 6 2015, 11:03 PM) *
That's pretty raw man damn. Your going to need some serious tone to burn through that one. Nice I like it and here is where I am thinking. Maybe with your help I could play a counter part of clean boppy Jazz lines over as an learning experiment?"

I like it!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Mar 7 2015, 03:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 6 2015, 11:12 PM) *
Sure thing smile.gif Beebop sounds good to me!!! I've been soloing over this today and it works almost like a texture since it's so thick as a backing. Download it and go nuts!! Here is the FULL VERSION! smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/macht-full-song-preview-e-minor-instrumental-backing

Thanks Todd, any lessons here that may help me craft these lines and am Is this silly or do you think it will work? Will a bebop guitar cut through this mix or would it be super high gain bebop? Bebop on coke?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 7 2015, 10:42 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Jim S. @ Mar 7 2015, 03:01 PM) *
Thanks Todd, any lessons here that may help me craft these lines and am Is this silly or do you think it will work? Will a bebop guitar cut through this mix or would it be super high gain bebop? Bebop on coke?

hehe cool idea with bebop. I'd say a traditional hollow body bebop sound would have big problems cutting through any metal mix.

If you listen to the mixes they are usually found in, you will hear there is almost no treble competing at all (no loud rhythm guitars).

Here is a jazzy example:

You could however insert the mix into your daw and apply a huge EQ scoop in the treble region (2K-8K) and then try with a bebop guitar sound.

It's always fun to experiment! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 10 2015, 04:39 AM
I gave it a bit of a remix tweak hope it helps smile.gif Some great advice from Mr. DAHL!! Just as a thought, before doing anything else, listen to the track, and without thinking, or even picking a tone, just play the first bits that come to mind. It's sort of a creativity workout that I do sometimes before a solo. Often the notes don't match for me but it sometimes gives me ideas that I wouldn't have come to otherwise. smile.gif

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Mar 7 2015, 10:01 AM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:05 AM