Sick Or Weird Films?
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 4 2008, 01:56 PM
GMC:er
I love messed up films as I am a bit weird. What films would people recommend and these films aren't for under 18's so don't try and get them as they are very harsh for most 18 year olds. I like

Addio Zio Tom
Salo
The Holy Mountain

These films are messed up to say the least but I love them. Any other recommendations from anyone of sick or weird films. Exploitation films or whatever?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jul 4 2008, 02:12 PM
Have you ever seen Ken Park...man this film is sick !!!A sick film about a sick society !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 4 2008, 02:16 PM
QUOTE (Nighthawk @ Jul 4 2008, 02:12 PM) *
Have you ever seen Ken Park...man this film is sick !!!A sick film about a sick society !

Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Not as wrong as the films I mentioned I don't think but it sounds like a cool film smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jul 4 2008, 02:20 PM
Depends on how you define "cool"... wink.gif

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Jul 4 2008, 02:20 PM

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 4 2008, 02:26 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Anyone seen another gay movie that movie is pretty gay but very funny

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jul 4 2008, 02:28 PM
Are you referring to Ken Park?

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Jul 4 2008, 02:44 PM
Irréversible... That movie is F'd up... it has the longest rape scene ever made (I think), and it's not for everyone.... Be warned....

Ken Park is also a kind of sick, but not that much... Good movie tho.

This post has been edited by kyldeee: Jul 4 2008, 02:45 PM

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jul 4 2008, 02:51 PM
Irreversible I have heard about but it would never come to my mind to watch this piece of s...I don't want to watch things like this...don't take it personal kyldeee

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 4 2008, 03:06 PM
QUOTE (Nighthawk @ Jul 4 2008, 02:51 PM) *
Irreversible I have heard about but it would never come to my mind to watch this piece of s...I don't want to watch things like this...don't take it personal kyldeee

The thing is with films like Irreversible is that people fail to understand them. If you see the film as showing a rape scene and being morally wrong and that the director is sick in the head then you've missed the point in the film. It is to show the irreversible damage that a sort of act like that can cause and also the more realism that is incorporated the more hard hitting it will be to just say to people this is what you're doing to their lives. Salo is the same. It is a real look of what life used to be like under dictators and yes it is very wrong but unfortunately many aspects of life are wrong and if you know about them then you can say to people look at what you are doing.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 4 2008, 03:15 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Ok, Rape is not a suitable subject for our younger and female members, regardless of the directors artistic motivation - I am locking this thread

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:30 PM