Just Ordered One Of These Guitars, Thoughts?
Todd Simpson
May 15 2013, 07:27 PM
GMC:er
I just ordered a BLACKHART guitar and I'm stoked to get it smile.gif I'll be making a vid about it and such. These are crazy cheap guitars considering they are from a U.S. boutique vendor so I'm diving in. I'll be brutally honest in my review so it better RAWK!!!

You guys ever played one of their guitars? Here is a pic.

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 15 2013, 07:56 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Well thats an interesting looking axe, looking forward to your review!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
May 15 2013, 07:59 PM
I like the look of the guitar.Looking forward to the review mate

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 15 2013, 08:57 PM
Will do smile.gif Looking forward to getting it!
Todd

QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ May 15 2013, 02:59 PM) *
I like the look of the guitar.Looking forward to the review mate

I"m gambling on this one as I have never touched one before. But at the price I figured why not smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (AK Rich @ May 15 2013, 02:56 PM) *
Well thats an interesting looking axe, looking forward to your review!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 12 2013, 04:00 AM

+Quote Post
dcz702
May 15 2013, 10:24 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
i like the body, it looks like a flame wich i think is really cool lookin

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 22 2013, 02:55 AM
Speaking of guitars that look like flame, I was reminded of the MINARIK INFERNO. This was a really fun guitar own just for a party piece smile.gif The bad news is that it weighed quite a bit and felt like it would cause hunchback syndrome if worn too long standing. smile.gif

Attached Image

QUOTE (dcz702 @ May 15 2013, 05:24 PM) *
i like the body, it looks like a flame wich i think is really cool lookin

+Quote Post
dcz702
May 22 2013, 03:19 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 22 2013, 01:55 AM) *
Speaking of guitars that look like flame, I was reminded of the MINARIK INFERNO. This was a really fun guitar own just for a party piece smile.gif The bad news is that it weighed quite a bit and felt like it would cause hunchback syndrome if worn too long standing. smile.gif

Attached Image

yea that sure does look like flames, a to much for my taste and a little flashy laugh.gif i like the red one you posted, cleaner lookin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 22 2013, 12:13 PM
Instructor
I am more of a classic shape kind of guy smile.gif SSE - simple, sturdy and elegant. I have never felt attracted to this sort of flamboyant body types neither when I picked up the guitar, even tho, my first electric was a Jackson Randy Rhoads copy laugh.gif

Well Todd, you have to be a strict reviewer and tell us what it was like wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 20 2013, 02:36 AM
My tastes run pretty broad when it comes to guitars smile.gif I like the conservative stuff, (Super Strats, Les Paul clone shapes, SG Junior shapes like the PRS, etc.) but I dig the crazy stuff as well smile.gif I have a RAZORBACK that I really just love the shape of. But hey, it takes all types right?

The Blakhart is pretty straightforward, with a twist, but the MINARIK INFERNO is pretty insane. It also weighs as much as a car so it's tough to use smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 22 2013, 07:13 AM) *
I am more of a classic shape kind of guy smile.gif SSE - simple, sturdy and elegant. I have never felt attracted to this sort of flamboyant body types neither when I picked up the guitar, even tho, my first electric was a Jackson Randy Rhoads copy laugh.gif

Well Todd, you have to be a strict reviewer and tell us what it was like wink.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jun 20 2013, 06:00 AM
Hey I saw that guitar shape at my store and it was WAAAYYYY more expensive than $350 ohmy.gif Although I didn't get the name on the headstock...

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 20 2013, 09:35 AM
Which one? The Red Guitar? IT's a BLAKHART and it's similar to a DECIBEL GUITAR body and if you go to the Blakhart site and have the red one built, it will cost about $1,700.00 U.S.

The best "deal" is typically a barely used guitar that's been setup properly and not had a chance to sit on the rack very long. Just sitting in a high traffic store will ruin a guitar after a bit.

Todd

QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Jun 20 2013, 01:00 AM) *
Hey I saw that guitar shape at my store and it was WAAAYYYY more expensive than $350 ohmy.gif Although I didn't get the name on the headstock...

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 12 2013, 04:01 AM

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 20 2013, 10:50 AM
Learning Roadie
From what I can tell made in Asia somewhere and final set up etc in the US, similar to Agile. I think we'll see this model of custom guitar making increase. Even Suhr tried it with the Rasmus guitars.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jun 20 2013, 02:10 PM
Ohhh now I get it, it was around $1200 at the store tongue.gif

Well if you ever want to give away any of those... you know where to find me cool.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 21 2013, 03:01 AM
BINGO!!!! It's one of the only ways a small vendor can make enough units to stay solvent. Sadly, making them one by once means having to charge 4 or 5k each and only doing a limited # of builds each year meaning being a perpetual one or two man shop. Some folks are quite happy with that (Daemoness for example) and do well.

Some outfits try to grow and expand and run in to problems with quality when they take in more orders than they can fill. This can be very bad for their rep and kill the entire company (E.G. Halo Guitars etc.)

As a result, many smaller shops are pre-fabbing the wood in Asia where it's cheap and doing the fit/finish here by hand. Thus the birth of the "Hybrid Custom" E.g. $1,000-3,000 builds instead of double that price.

Todd

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jun 20 2013, 05:50 AM) *
From what I can tell made in Asia somewhere and final set up etc in the US, similar to Agile. I think we'll see this model of custom guitar making increase. Even Suhr tried it with the Rasmus guitars.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:59 PM