Hotone Ampero Vs Mooer Ge250
Todd Simpson
May 21 2020, 12:27 AM
GMC:er
The MOOER GE250 is a very spiff floor unit with a lot of stuff packed in to a very small space. The same can be said for the HOTONE AMPERO. Both are in the same league in terms of price. I have noticed a LOT of wildly varying views on these two units on youtube. Some folks hate either one or the other, and some folks love one or the other. I wanted to find a video where they were comparing similar amp models with the same track being played and without a lot of post processing which can hide things and leads to a very unclear result. This vid is perfect. Its' just the two units back to back, over the same backing track. Using the same amps or as close as possible, within each unit. I think they both sound pretty spiff especially considering how many amps/fx they have stuffed in a tiny little box. If this were a pedal board, it would be HUGE. Two cheers for technology! This is not about feature set, this video is just about TONE! Full disclosure, I've already made my choice and I went with the AMPERO. I've had it a while and I still love it. I'll never go back to a non touch screen unit ever again.

QUESTION: WHICH ONE SOUNDS BETTER?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 22 2020, 08:21 PM
Anyone tried the MOOER? I can't find anyone I know personally who has even seen on in the wild.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 23 2020, 04:55 PM
GMC Founder
I have the mooer cab sim pedal, and it sounds really good!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 23 2020, 10:07 PM
They make great stuff and it's affordable!

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 23 2020, 11:55 AM) *
I have the mooer cab sim pedal, and it sounds really good!

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
May 25 2020, 09:50 PM
Learning Tone Master
I played with the Mooer GE200.

It sounded absolutely great.

I have friends who play live with just that (one of them has the GE150, the other has the GE200).

They show up with a guitar, cable, and the Mooer which is plugged straight to the PA system!

And they sound great, and no-one complains about their sound.

https://youtu.be/Kz-DgRWqyXM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 25 2020, 10:20 PM
That's what I love about these little devices. They sound as good or better than my rack unit, but I dont have to carry a rack or a large foot controller. They stuffed all that tone in to something that fits in a gig bag!!

QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ May 25 2020, 04:50 PM) *
I played with the Mooer GE200.

And they sound great, and no-one complains about their sound.

https://youtu.be/Kz-DgRWqyXM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:01 PM