Boosting Tutorial And Pedal Reviews
Cosmin Lupu
May 9 2013, 07:16 AM
Instructor
Thanks to Todd, I thought that this little video would shed some light on some practical aspects of using a boost pedal. Check it out:

And here, an article which deals with comparing overdrive/boost pedals: http://www.bestcovery.com/best-guitar-drive-pedal. Some of them seem pretty pricey but it's always a good idea to read about what's out there smile.gif

Hope this helps!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 10 2013, 08:36 PM
GMC:er
Great vid!!! Puts the practical application of boosting in perfect context. Also, the link to the vids about building your own pedals is great!! You freaking RAWWWWWKKKKK!!!!!!

P.S. Is there a way to buy PCB pre done and other bits ready to go so the less engineery folks (like me) can put one together from a kit while still making decisions that impact that function/tone?

P.P.S Your pedals sound GREAT can I buy them somewhere on the web? And do you take requests? I'd like a Misha Mansoor style boost pedal (see link below) with a "BLEND" knob that lets you blend in boosted clean, before it hits the drive circuit. Make sense?

http://protonepedals.com/misha-mansoor-signature-overdrive/

You could call it the COSMIC (Cosmins overdrive split, mix in clean) Also a word play on your name and the word COSMIC since the tone would be out of this world smile.gif

Todd
'
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 9 2013, 02:16 AM) *
Thanks to Todd, I thought that this little video would shed some light on some practical aspects of using a boost pedal. Check it out:

And here, an article which deals with comparing overdrive/boost pedals: http://www.bestcovery.com/best-guitar-drive-pedal. Some of them seem pretty pricey but it's always a good idea to read about what's out there smile.gif

Hope this helps!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 10 2013, 08:44 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 11 2013, 04:45 AM
Instructor
This video is very interesting. It's amazing how much you can learn just surfing youtube. In my case I use the "solo" of my Mesa Boogie amp when I want to increase the volume and an overdrive pedal when I want to get more gain and sustain.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 11 2013, 07:04 AM
Instructor
Todd thought I was that dude in the video biggrin.gif How cool is that? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 12 2013, 12:54 AM
Thats what made me ask you about custom building a pedal for Me and everybody else who would probably want one!! A nice Tube Screamer type Overdrive with a Blend knob would BOSS!!!!!!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 11 2013, 02:04 AM) *
Todd thought I was that dude in the video biggrin.gif How cool is that? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 12 2013, 02:24 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 11 2013, 04:54 PM) *
Thats what made me ask you about custom building a pedal for Me and everybody else who would probably want one!! A nice Tube Screamer type Overdrive with a Blend knob would BOSS!!!!!!

Voodoo Labs 'sparkle Drive' and 'Sparkle Drive MOD'
http://www.voodoolab.com/sparkledrive_mod.htm

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 12 2013, 06:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ May 12 2013, 01:24 AM) *
Voodoo Labs 'sparkle Drive' and 'Sparkle Drive MOD'
http://www.voodoolab.com/sparkledrive_mod.htm

Hehe, glad to see Ken has the answer. I was scared I could be disappointing you guys for not being able to build such stuff biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 04:37 AM