Song To Learn
sigma7
Jul 19 2008, 12:01 AM
GMC:er
hey gmc i have been recently bored with the song i am learning right now because i have mastered it and made a new solo (panama). I was wondering if any of u have a suggestion on wut i should learn next. I am interested in classic metal and classic rock and some modern rock (like avenged sevenfold) and power metal. I prefer to have a challenge. Any suggestions? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by sigma7: Jul 19 2008, 12:02 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Jul 19 2008, 03:25 PM
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Jul 19 2008, 12:01 AM) *
hey gmc i have been recently bored with the song i am learning right now because i have mastered it and made a new solo (panama). I was wondering if any of u have a suggestion on wut i should learn next. I am interested in classic metal and classic rock and some modern rock (like avenged sevenfold) and power metal. I prefer to have a challenge. Any suggestions? biggrin.gif

Damage Control ...petrucci
Glasgow Kiss....petrucci

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Jul 19 2008, 03:53 PM
Eruption- Van Halen biggrin.gif
if its possible!

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 19 2008, 04:03 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Learn the intro solo to the song "To end the rapture" by avenged sevenfold. Its amazing and at challenging(tapping, alternate picking etc.)

Another on is the the intro to"hearts burst into fire" its by bullet for my valentine
its just a fun intro and my friends paolo(pacproductions) tells me it definatly gives his hand a work out
he showed me a vid of him playing it when we were at school and it look fun

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Jul 19 2008, 04:17 PM
QUOTE (Capt.Z @ Jul 19 2008, 10:53 AM) *
Eruption- Van Halen biggrin.gif
if its possible!

trust me, not as hard as it looks!!!!! just all online tabs are different. I play a simpler, easier, cooler sound version. great to learn to impress people, and if you want, just learn the tapping section!

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
beebo
Jul 19 2008, 04:41 PM
weird enough i think u should learn hot for teacher...the whole song!
tyring to to get that whole entire song can be pretty challenging!
it just depends on u! and u should work on the stuff ur really interested in!

Van Halen-Hot for Teacher
or this ones cool to
Extreme-Play with me

+Quote Post
fire
Jul 19 2008, 04:51 PM
the solo from one from metallica is also pretty cool - if its above your level, go only for the tapping part, too smile.gif
imo this is even more impressive than eruption tapping:-P

cheers

--------------------
If you think you understood what I said, you neglect that the things you hear, are different from the thing I thought of. - Got it?

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 19 2008, 06:08 PM
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Jul 19 2008, 01:01 AM) *

Well, yeah, neil zaza stuff. But another one thats good but not as metal lol is Stevie ray vaughan's lenny. I'd say thunder struck or any ac/dc song with lightning fast solo's!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jul 19 2008, 07:45 PM
ya i already got eruption down haha the 1st solo i learned. I was thinking about hot for techer but there r no tabs and i dont have a good ear yyet. haha. ill try some of the suggestions thanks guys.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fidelman
Jul 20 2008, 12:13 AM
If you wanna test your chops try learning "This time was mine" or "So it goes" by Unearth. Unless that stuff is to heavy for you. Or to advanced. But seriously, i found that the gateway to mastering metal music lies in learning the Lamb of God masterpiece "Laid to Rest" and then continuing with some more advanced LoG stuff. It's sure to help you develop your overall speed, you triplets and string skipping. Other bands are Foo Fighters, Megadeth, Pantera.... the likes of those.

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 20 2008, 12:18 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Learn some Axel Rudi Pell songs like Carousel or Ter Down The Walls

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:06 PM