3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Gmc Wiki Open For Contributors
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 4 2008, 11:13 AM
GMC Founder
Hey there!

I now have the pleasure to announce that the wiki is open for contributions! We have already had three brave testing users (mattacuk, Hardtail and Shredmandan) going through the wiki finding bugs for us and writing test articles. You can check out Matt's first here.

The wiki is still very much "in progress" - and you will quickly realise that this wiki will be nothing without your help. My hope is that the GMC wiki will define the GMC community along with the forum - only our imagination will limit the content of it!

For those of you interested in following the development of the wiki - and to add your own articles - check it out here. I know The Uncreator will start adding articles about different genres of metal (the main ones Death, Black, Viking, Power, NWOBHM, Thrash, Symphonic, Goth, Prog etc.)

Quick hints:

* Enter the wiki here.

* You will be asked to enter your forum login once again in the wiki - Henrik told me this should only happen the first time you visit the wiki.

* Use only firefox whith the wiki (once again the it's under development).

* Check the help section to write an article. If you follow this advice and use the given templates - you will be able to create cool looking articles! Here is an example of an excellent article Andrew has written which uses the general article template.

I am looking forward to your feedback as you will be the one who decides the structure of the wiki. Master colonel Andrew and I will be responsable for gathering your ideas and make them happen! biggrin.gif

edit1 (boy there will lots of them) - a very cool idea is to add a section with the GMC isntructors' music (etc) so we can have it all gathered at one place! You will find we have the portal "GMC Instructors" on the wiki main page, but it's currently empty!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Batista
Jan 4 2008, 11:38 AM
GMC:er
This is awesome Kris! I will go through my mind to see if there's something I can write about very soon smile.gif

I can't really see something that need improvement at this time though, because it's all looking fabulous to me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 4 2008, 12:12 PM
Lets go fishing!
Wiki Wiki, Wiki Wild Wild West is open ! biggrin.gif (Sorry to much south park for me).

This is going to be an awsome resource !!! cool.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jan 4 2008, 12:27 PM
Instructor
Cool cool.gif smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Jan 4 2008, 12:29 PM
Instructor
Myspace, wikipedia.. we'll rule the world cool.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Jan 4 2008, 12:30 PM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Jan 4 2008, 12:27 PM) *
Cool cool.gif smile.gif

+1

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nick334
Jan 4 2008, 12:38 PM
Added a bit on the Steve Vai page. Hope that's the right kind of writing/info/layout?

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 370 DX, Fender Strat Squier, Vintage Les Paul.
Amps: Vox AD 15 VT, Fender Frontman 15G
Effects: Hopefully a POD :)

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 4 2008, 12:48 PM
Great, gonna try adding something today smile.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Owen
Jan 4 2008, 12:49 PM
This is rather cool smile.gif

It seems to think I'm logged in already though, so no problems there tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Freebird
Jan 4 2008, 01:07 PM
The tutorial link is still called Wikipedia:Tutorial and not GuitarWiki:Tutorial smile.gif

I'm already logged in too... No problem. Let's see if I can edit something (i love wikis!!!)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 4 2008, 01:23 PM
Moderation Policy Director
I have written some posting guidelines for Wiki articles - please have a look before you start your articles - Andrew

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=10259

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Nick334
Jan 4 2008, 01:36 PM
Could you check over mine so far then Andrew? Steve Vai and tapping. I know they're unfinished but they're a useful start I hope.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 4 2008, 01:37 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This is very cool , I'll just need some time to adapt how its system work than start posting.. wink.gif Nice add-on to the site! wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 4 2008, 01:46 PM
Get to da Chopper!
This should be awsome!

Was checking out the Steve Vai page and found this posted twice:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Not really too sure of its meaning...

+Quote Post
Freebird
Jan 4 2008, 01:49 PM
It looks like post-classical latin to me biggrin.gif

By the way it's written quite on every page now.... It's just a filler!

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 4 2008, 01:50 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Freebird @ Jan 4 2008, 12:49 PM) *
It looks like post-classical latin to me biggrin.gif

By the way it's written quite on every page now.... It's just a filler!

ahh thanks wink.gif

+Quote Post
Nick334
Jan 4 2008, 01:51 PM
That was in the template, it's used to fill out the page. It shows what it would look like if full of info. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

Easy to edit out anyway, I just left it there to show how it would look.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Goliath
Jan 4 2008, 01:51 PM
you can count on quite a few contributions from me, as well as helping make some of you "English as a second language" folks shine.

Edit: I took the liberty of adding my page to it while I waited for breakfast to show up to our office.

For more than you ever really cared to know about me, here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/index.php/User:Goliath

This post has been edited by Goliath: Jan 4 2008, 01:55 PM

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 4 2008, 01:52 PM
Instructor
Great work Kris!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 4 2008, 01:55 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Nick334 @ Jan 4 2008, 12:38 PM) *
Added a bit on the Steve Vai page. Hope that's the right kind of writing/info/layout?

Awesome Nick!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Nick334 @ Jan 4 2008, 01:51 PM) *
That was in the template, it's used to fill out the page. It shows what it would look like if full of info. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

Easy to edit out anyway, I just left it there to show how it would look.

Ok! For future artcles I think it's best to remove it. smile.gif

QUOTE (Goliath @ Jan 4 2008, 01:51 PM) *
you can count on quite a few contributions from me, as well as helping make some of you "English as a second language" folks shine.

That's great Goliath! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:27 AM