Get A Personal Gmc Learning Plan, This will speed up progress and give you structure
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 7 2013, 11:54 AM
Instructor
At times, most people encounter these types of problems when learning to play guitar:

- You are a beginner and you don't know where to start
- You are stuck with a certain area of your playing
- You don't use your practice time as efficiently as possible
- You feel lost because you have started practicing too many things at once and you are nowhere near your desired goal...

We want to help you get on the right track as soon as possible - and for this reason I am offering you a unique opportunity to set up a personalized lesson plan.

Please just answer the questions below, either in this topic or via private message. I will then set you up with a practice regimen consisting of GMC materials, that can cover a week of practice towards your desired goal.

* How long have you been playing the guitar?
* What do you feel your current level is?
* What sort of theoretical knowledge do you have so far?
* How much time/day can you spend practicing?
* What are your favorite techniques?
* What would you like to improve?
* What is your current experience as a player (band, studio, home)?
* What gear do you own?
* Name a few favorite artists that inspire your playing

If you can provide audio/ video materials of your playing, it would be very helpful.
If not, we can work things out either way smile.gif

I will try to get back to you as soon as possible, hopefully today already - depending on the amount of applications.

I am looking forward to helping you getting on the right track!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 30 2013, 05:07 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
18 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
bahadirpeker
Sep 7 2013, 02:36 PM
GMC:er
I posted a pm Cosmin. Thank you so much!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 7 2013, 04:48 PM
Instructor
Great idea Cosmin! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 7 2013, 07:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Sep 7 2013, 01:36 PM) *

Hey mate - I'll get back to you asap once I figure out a good plan wink.gif

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 7 2013, 03:48 PM) *
Great idea Cosmin! smile.gif

Thanks D-man!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 7 2013, 07:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Sep 7 2013, 01:36 PM) *

Check out your inbox, mate wink.gif

+Quote Post
Terence
Sep 7 2013, 09:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
You got a mail smile.gif Very cool offer!

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Sep 7 2013, 09:10 PM
GMC:er
You are great man! Thank you so much! smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 7 2013, 06:53 PM) *
Check out your inbox, mate wink.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 8 2013, 11:14 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Awesome idea Cosmin smile.gif let's add this one to our thread..
Sent you a PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 8 2013, 11:40 AM
Learning Rock Star
Very good initiative, Cosmin. I hope people get a lot out of it. I don't think it's quite for me at the very moment though.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 8 2013, 11:03 PM
Instructor
I'm sure that everyone will benefit out of this smile.gif

QUOTE (mad @ Sep 8 2013, 10:14 AM) *
Awesome idea Cosmin smile.gif let's add this one to our thread..
Sent you a PM

Got it mate!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 8 2013, 11:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 9 2013, 12:03 AM) *
I'm sure that everyone will benefit out of this smile.gif

Absolutely! I just need to settle in with what I have going now. Don't want to get my hands too full and stumble in the process and get too stressed out about it.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 9 2013, 08:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Terence @ Sep 7 2013, 08:08 PM) *
You got a mail smile.gif Very cool offer!

Check your inbox tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 12 2013, 03:12 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This is great - everyone should try to get some structured practice! smile.gif

Who else needs a plan?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Sep 12 2013, 03:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey my friend. I'm working on Gab's army but I'm feeling so frustrated (of course not with Gab but with my playing) lately that any additional help is more than welcome.

*How long have you been playing the guitar?
- Forever. I'm 37 and I started playing when I was 16. I played for 2 and a half years, I stopped for 3 years. Then I took it again for one year. And then I stopped again for a long time. For the last 6 years I've been very inconsistently with my practice, because of a lot of things, I practice 6 months then I stop for another 6 months and so on. But I really want to improve my playing and I'm committed into practicing.
-A Lousy intermediate.
- I can spend 3 hours at least 4 days a week.
-Rock riffing, bending, vibrato, legato, alternate picking.
- Rock riff playing and composing, legato, alternate picking, bending and vibrato. And to improve my ability to compose melodies, both for solos and for singing.
- At home, but I'm working on my solo project playing the guitar and singing, so I'll start practicing with a drumer and a bass player friends to get the project out.
* What gear do you own?
-I have a fender strat, a cheap les paul, a Line 6 toneport UX1, and a BOSS ME-70.
* Name a few favorite artists that inspire your playing.
-Steven WIlson, Nuno Betancourt, Tom Morello, Richie Kotzen, Chris Cornell.

Here are a few of my latest REC takes, but I know you have watch them(Thanks for your comments! )

Rocker riff 2
Winter tune
Intermediate Rock song

And here are a couple of my own compositions, I haven't finished them.
Crea
Wake Up
Earth Inside
El Cubo

Thanks a lot my friend.

This post has been edited by coffeeman: Sep 12 2013, 03:34 PM

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 12 2013, 08:01 PM
Learning Roadie
I think learning paths are a really good idea, not only personal ones, but with so many lessons on here some gems get missed, and the choice is overwhelming, it might be worth making a sticky thread with ones for certain techniques and styles.

For example

Country guitar

Give some major pentatonic lessons, some mixolydian mode lessons, hybrid picking lessons, lessons on string bending and of course country style lessons, all building up in level of difficulty.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 13 2013, 10:30 AM
Instructor
Hey my friend!

You are one of the people who's activity stands out and I for one am a big fan of your compositions as they tend to have a close influence from Chris Cornell/ Audioslave, which I am a HUGE fan of smile.gif

Now, here's what I have in mind regarding what you should focus on:

Technique - alternate picking or legato or articulation elements - one/ week tho, as your time is limited
Rhythm - tightening up your rhythm skills
Composition - observing the concepts behind lessons you have learned so that you my apply these concepts in your own playing

Day 1 - Rhythm: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Grunge-V-Soundgarden/ grungy riffs combined with bends and

Day 2 - Technique: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...cking_beginner/ - this combines both alternate picking and legato

Day 3 - Revision

Day 4 - Revision and conclusions

In 3 hrs per day, you could divide your time like this:

Day 1 -2 -> 2hrs to understand the parts in the lesson, 30 min to rehearse them and another 30-45 min to try and put them together against the slowest available backing track

Day 3-4 ->

- rehearsing the lessons against the backing tracks, gradually - starting from the slowest towards the fastest - focus on timing, clean playing and expression - if you can record/ rehears the lesson at full speed over the original one to see what parts cause problems, it would be great, as this will act as a mirror smile.gif
- revising the theoretical concepts behind the lesson, so that you may pick them up and see if you can use them in your own compositions - have you ever tried this?

At the end of the week, I will invite you to write your conclusions here, in this thread so that we may see if there are any uncertainties and how you progress with the lessons. Of course, communication between us, during the week is essential and if you have questions, by all means ask me smile.gif

What do you think mate?

Cosmin

QUOTE (coffeeman @ Sep 12 2013, 02:33 PM) *
Hey my friend. I'm working on Gab's army but I'm feeling so frustrated (of course not with Gab but with my playing) lately that any additional help is more than welcome.

*How long have you been playing the guitar?
- Forever. I'm 37 and I started playing when I was 16. I played for 2 and a half years, I stopped for 3 years. Then I took it again for one year. And then I stopped again for a long time. For the last 6 years I've been very inconsistently with my practice, because of a lot of things, I practice 6 months then I stop for another 6 months and so on. But I really want to improve my playing and I'm committed into practicing.
-A Lousy intermediate.
- I can spend 3 hours at least 4 days a week.
-Rock riffing, bending, vibrato, legato, alternate picking.
- Rock riff playing and composing, legato, alternate picking, bending and vibrato. And to improve my ability to compose melodies, both for solos and for singing.
- At home, but I'm working on my solo project playing the guitar and singing, so I'll start practicing with a drumer and a bass player friends to get the project out.
* What gear do you own?
-I have a fender strat, a cheap les paul, a Line 6 toneport UX1, and a BOSS ME-70.
* Name a few favorite artists that inspire your playing.
-Steven WIlson, Nuno Betancourt, Tom Morello, Richie Kotzen, Chris Cornell.

Here are a few of my latest REC takes, but I know you have watch them(Thanks for your comments! )

Rocker riff 2
Winter tune
Intermediate Rock song

And here are a couple of my own compositions, I haven't finished them.
Crea
Wake Up
Earth Inside
El Cubo

Thanks a lot my friend.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Sep 12 2013, 07:01 PM) *
I think learning paths are a really good idea, not only personal ones, but with so many lessons on here some gems get missed, and the choice is overwhelming, it might be worth making a sticky thread with ones for certain techniques and styles.

For example

Country guitar

Give some major pentatonic lessons, some mixolydian mode lessons, hybrid picking lessons, lessons on string bending and of course country style lessons, all building up in level of difficulty.

Hey mate - do I understand that you would like a practice plan as well? If yes, please answer the questions and I'll get to ya wink.gif Indeed, the database is very big and your thought is one that I also had for a long time now smile.gif

Let me know, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Sep 13 2013, 03:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 13 2013, 04:30 AM) *
Hey my friend!

You are one of the people who's activity stands out and I for one am a big fan of your compositions as they tend to have a close influence from Chris Cornell/ Audioslave, which I am a HUGE fan of smile.gif

Now, here's what I have in mind regarding what you should focus on:

Technique - alternate picking or legato or articulation elements - one/ week tho, as your time is limited
Rhythm - tightening up your rhythm skills
Composition - observing the concepts behind lessons you have learned so that you my apply these concepts in your own playing

Day 1 - Rhythm: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Grunge-V-Soundgarden/ grungy riffs combined with bends and

Day 2 - Technique: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...cking_beginner/ - this combines both alternate picking and legato

Day 3 - Revision

Day 4 - Revision and conclusions

In 3 hrs per day, you could divide your time like this:

Day 1 -2 -> 2hrs to understand the parts in the lesson, 30 min to rehearse them and another 30-45 min to try and put them together against the slowest available backing track

Day 3-4 ->

- rehearsing the lessons against the backing tracks, gradually - starting from the slowest towards the fastest - focus on timing, clean playing and expression - if you can record/ rehears the lesson at full speed over the original one to see what parts cause problems, it would be great, as this will act as a mirror smile.gif
- revising the theoretical concepts behind the lesson, so that you may pick them up and see if you can use them in your own compositions - have you ever tried this?

At the end of the week, I will invite you to write your conclusions here, in this thread so that we may see if there are any uncertainties and how you progress with the lessons. Of course, communication between us, during the week is essential and if you have questions, by all means ask me smile.gif

What do you think mate?

Cosmin

Hey mate - do I understand that you would like a practice plan as well? If yes, please answer the questions and I'll get to ya wink.gif Indeed, the database is very big and your thought is one that I also had for a long time now smile.gif

Let me know, ok?

Cosmin

It's sounds great. I'll start working tomorrow as day 1. Should we maintain the conversation on this thread? Or should we do it on another thread or via PM.

revising the theoretical concepts behind the lesson, so that you may pick them up and see if you can use them in your own compositions - have you ever tried this? Yes, I've done it with a couple of riffing lessons. It's an awesome excercise and it helps me a lot with creativity. Sometime I feel that I'm doing the same riff over and over so I go to a riff lesson and steel a couple of riffs and melodic parts. This soundgarden lesson sounds awesome.

Thanks a lot for doing this!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 14 2013, 04:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Sep 13 2013, 02:44 PM) *
It's sounds great. I'll start working tomorrow as day 1. Should we maintain the conversation on this thread? Or should we do it on another thread or via PM.

revising the theoretical concepts behind the lesson, so that you may pick them up and see if you can use them in your own compositions - have you ever tried this? Yes, I've done it with a couple of riffing lessons. It's an awesome excercise and it helps me a lot with creativity. Sometime I feel that I'm doing the same riff over and over so I go to a riff lesson and steel a couple of riffs and melodic parts. This soundgarden lesson sounds awesome.

Thanks a lot for doing this!

We'll do it the way you feel most comfortable with, mate! Be it PM or here, you decide - I am glad that this concept is not a strange one for you biggrin.gif so let me know if there are any questions along the way, ok?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 15 2013, 09:26 PM
Instructor
Hey everyone smile.gif How about posting your impressions on the first week, in this thread here?

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 15 2013, 11:04 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
First week is going great! I think having a plan to organize my practice time will
become essential for improving my playing. But we have to fine-tune the plan for the next weeks,
because last week showed I spent about 3h a day - maybe I could even improve a lot faster biggrin.gif

Thank you!

+Quote Post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:46 PM