Youtube Has Changed Sense Pandemic Started
Todd Simpson
Jan 16 2022, 09:24 PM
GMC:er
Remember way back when, on Top Gear, when Richard hammond nearly killed himself in the Jet car? Well, he promised to take it on again.

sadly, he completely chickened out and bailed! Instead, he's having a junior member of staff give it a whirl. Here he is prepping. Again sadly, he doesn't actually drive the car. At least he gets in the car. They have been teasing this forever it seems and now it looks like nobody is going to actually give it a whirl.

This is emblematic of what i've been seeing on youtube lately. All show and no go. Massive amounts of click bait and less substance than before. The flood of folks watching youtube since the pandemic took hold has changed the character of youtube imho. It's far more competitive for eyeballs than every before. it also seems tougher than ever for smaller creators to gain any traction. So if you are having trouble getting traction. It's not you, it's youtube imho.

This has lead to the creation of "YOUTUBE SHORTS" which seeks to leverage low attention spans as we find on TIK TOK. The good news for creators is that you can make videos of under a minute and have them actually get watched. Where as a regular video on your channel may get completely ignored.

it can be frustrating to make content that just doesn't get watched. However, in change there is opportunity. You can repurpose existing content as shorts just by chopping it up. Does seem a bit lame, but it's a way to feed the beast until you can make more content.

One of my goals for 2022 is to get a few more eyes/ears so that when I put music out, there are actually some people to listen to it smile.gif

DO ANY OF YOU HOPE TO GET YOUR MUSIC LISTENED TO BY FOLKS OUTSIDE OF GMC? OR IS GMC ENOUGH?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 16 2022, 09:33 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 20 2022, 03:18 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
My biggest issues with YouTube these days are out of control and unreasonable censorship and the crazy amount of ads I see on there.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Jan 20 2022, 03:22 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 20 2022, 11:59 PM
The ads have become crazy. It has gotten to be almost non stop. Ads before a vid, then during etc. some that you cant skip. I installed the AD BLOCKER plugin a long time ago because without it youtube is almost useless. The plugin is free to download and you can donate to them if possible.

https://adblockplus.org/en/

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jan 19 2022, 10:18 PM) *
My biggest issues with YouTube these days are out of control and unreasonable censorship and the crazy amount of ads I see on there.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 21 2022, 12:31 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 20 2022, 01:59 PM) *
The ads have become crazy. It has gotten to be almost non stop. Ads before a vid, then during etc. some that you cant skip. I installed the AD BLOCKER plugin a long time ago because without it youtube is almost useless. The plugin is free to download and you can donate to them if possible.

https://adblockplus.org/en/

Yeah. Before during and even after vids now and being able to skip them is becoming increasingly rare. I have blockers for my browser on my laptop but I use the youtube app on my android phone. I don't know of an ad blocker that will work in that instance. Maybe I should ditch the app and use my browser instead on my phone too.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 22 2022, 12:44 AM
You can run adblock plus on any android device. I'm not sure what phone you are using, but here is the link to get it on ANDROID. It is the only way to make youtube bearable imho.

https://adblockplus.org/en/android-install

The best part imho is that you can watch the free youtube movies that are advert supported and never see a single advert smile.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jan 20 2022, 07:31 PM) *
Yeah. Before during and even after vids now and being able to skip them is becoming increasingly rare. I have blockers for my browser on my laptop but I use the youtube app on my android phone. I don't know of an ad blocker that will work in that instance. Maybe I should ditch the app and use my browser instead on my phone too.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:37 PM