Five Forms Of Minor Pentatonic, for example
slash85
Apr 13 2007, 04:27 AM
GMC:er
gdays mates,

hey i just got a question for whoevers up for it,,,,,,, say u have the A minor pentatonic scale right......now lets say out of the 5 forms c,a,g,e,d u choose the E form right,..........the rest of the forms have all different fingerings and scale patterns in different areas of the fretboard but are all based around similar notes ....so basically my question is.........all the c,a,g,e,d forms of all scales are there to provide the guitarist with the opportunity to play the same notes but when played in different forms over the fretboard sound exactly the same but at different octaves and such...is this right? from what i gather there are the different forms so u can play at different pitches and octaves.to suit whatever the key of a song is or somethin... sorry if i lost anyone there im just tryin to get a grasp of the whole concept from this book im readin....if im wrong can someone set me straight please wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
DEFENDER OF THE FAITH \m/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 13 2007, 04:31 AM
Instructor
Yeah, you got it right.
Same notes, different positions and octaves.
Learning all the forms wil allow you to play different ideas because of the way the notes are organized on the fretboard...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
chainsbroken
Apr 13 2007, 05:09 AM
yeah your right slash. also moving these five boxes up or down the fret board will alow you to play in different keys.(am, Em bm etc..) for example if you take the Am scale on the 5th fret, and move that box to the 7th fret it is now in the key of Bm. or thr 8th fret now is Cm and so on. I hope i said that right and hope it helped some... this will allow you to play songs in different keys than just Am while pratacing and improvising.

This post has been edited by chainsbroken: Apr 13 2007, 05:12 AM

--------------------
Deano

+Quote Post
Ben C
Apr 17 2007, 01:41 AM
Yep,

All you want to do is memorize the fingering for the pentatonic scale in some random key (E, for example), and this way you can shift around the whole scale pattern to diff. keys and such.

Basically theres one big minor pentatonic pattern for the whole fretboard, and when you shift it around you get different keys. So learn that pattern and it can be applied to any key you want to play.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
slash85
Apr 17 2007, 06:55 AM
cheers fellas thanks for the input wink.gif

--------------------
DEFENDER OF THE FAITH \m/

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:33 PM