> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Slow Pentatonics Lesson, Lesson By David Wallimann
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

nicoweb
Apr 24 2020, 07:38 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Slow Pentatonics Lesson by David Wallimann

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 24 2020, 08:19 PM
GMC Founder
Very nice!

This is pretty much a schoolbook example of guitar learning:

You play relaxed, in tune with consistent hand a finger movements.

There is of course room for improvement - ie you could play more with swing feel like David does, and your timing and bending could be a little more on point. But for a level 2 lesson this is more than enough!

One thing worth considering is to use the unique opportunity you have when starting out, to learn to play consistently with alternate picking. Even though some instructors stray from this once in a while (myself included!) - it is still a much better foundation to build upon. The goal should be a technique where you can always choose whether to use alternate picking or economy picking.

Very nice, you get an 8 from me!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 24 2020, 11:31 PM
GMC:er
NICE! You play with confidence which is a very good thing. You have a very solid sense of timing as well. This shape is very important for solo work. Getting used to playing it at various parts of the neck is a great way to prepare yourself for creating your own solos. The pentatonic is foundational to nearly every single rock song you've ever heard. Your hand has adapted very well to this scale and this REC!

Also, congrats on not tensing up. You play in a very relaxed way which is the key to endurance. Not over tensing and letting the muscles get burned out too quickly is crucial. Otherwise, you end up not being able to play for very long which reduces practice time and limits how long you could play in a live gig.

The only thing I'd mention is that your single finger vibrato (first finger vibrato) is a bit shallow and tepid. I'd say focus on that bit to be able to make your single finger vibrato as solid as your multi finger vibrato. Solid 8!

Todd

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 27 2020, 04:41 AM
Instructor
Hi Nico!

This one is also being worked at the mentoring program. I see that you've received great feedback by Kris and Todd here.

As it's happening in other lessons, the next thing to work is groove and dynamics. Please check out my "timing" suggestion at the thread since it can also be applicable here.

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 29 2020, 10:12 AM
Instructor
Hey there!

I can notice your attention brought to this one. You are quite accurate and focused. You picking is medium strength so the tone has some softness to it (actualyl a good thing for this lesson).

You are doing some good job with Gabriel. He already perpared you for some ciritcal mistakes you could avoid and the prepared take is well polished. This is a simple lesson that has not that much scary stuff to be aware of, so I find not much to complain as well. You kept the picking direction of David's (upstroke on the strong beats). If I would really have to spot something, that would be the noise of unwanted strings happening time to time.

+Quote Post
Fran
May 7 2020, 04:28 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.75

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:52 AM