How Do You Get A Decent Country Sound On A Boss Me25
Briprince
Jul 26 2012, 11:43 PM
GMC:er
Hi Guys
I have just got a Boss ME25
I am pretty new at the guitar and ask ,as most Boss pedals would be the same idear, what short of settings would I need for a reasonable Country sound
Can anyone help please.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
derper
Jul 27 2012, 12:20 AM
Learning Tone Master
Been a while since I've owned a Boss digi-effects pedal, so hopefully Todd can clarify the specifics...

But in my opinion, here are some tips for good country tone all-around.

-Keep it clean, or with only slight "crunch/gain". Kind of similar to a fender tube amp on the "gain" channel, but with the gain kept VERY low. Or, just clean.

-Reverb. Most great country tone has a bit of reverb. Spring, perhaps?

-Compressor/compression: I think just a touch or compression helps seal the deal, on solid country tone.

-Sometimes a bit of chorus, but not much. I'm not a fan.

-PU select: I go with bridge for the real twang, or hit the 2nd/4th pu select for strat style guitars, for that SRV tone which you hear used for country quite a bit. I prefer the more aggressive bridge pu twang.

-Fingers: Tone is in your fingers! In this case, literally....try hybrid, or "chicken-picking" for that true-twang!

Suggested listening: Solos by Albert Lee, Vince Gill, Johnny Hilland (is that right?) and Jerry Reed. Brad Paisely too, but I suggest going for the classics instead of some flashy new-school guy who is really only popular because of an ugly pink guitar. Ok, he's good...but not half as polished as the true "nashville cats" in my opinion.

QUOTE (Briprince @ Jul 26 2012, 03:43 PM) *
Hi Guys
I am pretty new at the guitar and ask ,as most Boss pedals would be the same idear, what short of settings would I need for a reasonable Country sound
Can anyone help please.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Briprince
Jul 30 2012, 11:20 PM
QUOTE (derper @ Jul 27 2012, 12:20 AM) *
Been a while since I've owned a Boss digi-effects pedal, so hopefully Todd can clarify the specifics...

-Keep it clean, or with only slight "crunch/gain". Kind of similar to a fender tube amp on the "gain" channel, but with the gain kept VERY low. Or, just clean.

-Compressor/compression: I think just a touch or compression helps seal the deal, on solid country tone.

-PU select: I go with bridge for the real twang, or hit the 2nd/4th pu select for strat style guitars, for that SRV tone which you hear used for country quite a bit. I prefer the more aggressive bridge pu twang.

-Fingers: Tone is in your fingers! In this case, literally....try hybrid, or "chicken-picking" for that true-twang!

Suggested listening: Solos by Albert Lee, Vince Gill, Johnny Hilland (is that right?) and Jerry Reed. Brad Paisely too, but I suggest going for the classics instead of some flashy new-school guy who is really only popular because of an ugly pink guitar. Ok, he's good...but not half as polished as the true "nashville cats" in my opinion.

QUOTE (derper @ Jul 27 2012, 12:20 AM) *

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 30 2012, 11:40 PM
Here is a link to my ME-25 section in our WIKI. Complete with links to download the software editor, patch libraries etc. smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...SS_ME-25_Review

QUOTE (Briprince @ Jul 26 2012, 06:43 PM) *
Hi Guys
Can anyone help please.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:07 PM