> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Am Rock Solo Lesson, Lesson By Trond Vold
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 0

Sack
Jun 17 2020, 08:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: Am Rock Solo Lesson by Trond Vold

Hi GMC!

This take is not perfect, especially for the speedy part which has some sync issues... I really really struggled to get it up to speed and I'm not sure I can make it better than this with my level for now sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sack: Jun 17 2020, 09:42 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 18 2020, 08:32 AM
GMC Founder
Very cool, I can see you are keeping up the hard work and your progress is very promising.

You are correct here that the faster sections are major problem. The problem is not that notes are UNsynced - that is expected as this is above your current level. Instead it's is the fact that you are practicing them at a tempo that is above your comfort zone.

The later is extremely dangerous as it consolidates bad syncing habits and can even increase risk of physical injury (especially if you tense up).

I have increased the difficulty rating from 4 to 5 for this lesson - and my recommendation would be to skip lessons that have faster passages above your level. Or - you can play something else during the fast passages (NB will disqualify your take for REC).

Other that this - I noted some bends were not in pitch, especially the ones you did with your index finger.

I will not grade this take - but over all you are killing with progress. Keep it up mate!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 18 2020, 03:05 PM
Instructor
Hi Sack,

This lesson is obviously over your current level so you need to practice the faster sections at a slower tempo. The main issue here is hands sync when playing alternate picking so you need to isolate this parts and work on them. It's not positive to practice this licks at normal tempo if you are not able to keep both hands in sync.

I recommend you to complement the work on this lesson with some other AP lessons. I suggest starting with these ones:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...Picking-Basics/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-Workout-2/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch/

And let me know if you need any help with this! Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 19 2020, 12:20 AM
GMC:er
I appreciate the boldness of jumping in to a REC this difficult. Well done on that. I can see that you've learned every single note so congrats there as well! This one is just a pinch beyond your current ability it seems. I think you can do it though if you break down the fast parts is to smaller chunks and practice them at a slower speed and focus on staying very time with a beat. Use a metronome to slow down the pace and keep it very solid. Slowly increase the pace of the metronome until it's the speed of the song. Then put all the pieces back together and you should be able to play the entire thing at speed. smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 23 2020, 02:42 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

Wow! That's an awesome lesson you did dig out from the archive.

Before going any further let me first point one one funny thing smile.gif It's a common issue at your stage and most of us been through this so sorry for laugthing but there is no bad intention and..I've been there myslef :biggrin.gif

The switch....well...at your stage it is sommon to use some random switch positions without realizing how they affect tone and playing in some particular aspects. For example....people trying to learn pinch harmonics or palm mutin in neck pickup position which is not responsive that much for both of these techniques. You may stuck in a progress thining you do something wrong while it is only a wrong pickup selected.

Lesson you choose was designed for bridge humbucker. It means it can involve some techniques that works perfect strictly on this pickup position and tyle(in some situations). 4 pickup position you use is ratger for clean tones kind of funky playing (of course no hard rules but...in general). It has some phase issues between pickups that creat loss of particualr frequencies. It is very usefull when you want to place your guitar in the mix somehere around piano and vocals becasue it will keep it's percussive treble but will have some cuti in the "in face" mids where vocals are. Now in this situation you have a wall of guitars that you need to cut through. If you set too much volume, the guitar will sound out of context/separated form the "band". You don't want to cut any mids becasue now you're are the leading voice to cut through everything. Using 2 n 4th position with mid's cut is not a best choice.

You would learn sooner or later but pointing this out now maybe will fasten the process smile.gif

Now about the playing. I think this one is tricky. It has some difficult elements that seems to overcome the level aprioriate to the point where you are. I think that when you watch yourself you would agree that your both hands didn't work out the proper syncs and even the left hand is not prepared for type of effort needed for these runs- it looks kind of tensed/frozen and I can notice that some muscels are not working. It leaves a feeling that you should first break it into pieces and spend some reasonable amount of time practising separated techniques. I thikngoing strictly for alternate picking lessons is a first step.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 23 2020, 06:39 PM
GMC:er
Some great feedback on this one indeed. Take all these to heart and you will have it perfect for the next time out! If you do want to work on things like pinch harmonics and straight line speed, I'd invite you join my BOOTCAMP. If you want to give it a go to see if it's right for your jus send me a PM smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 26 2020, 12:32 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Closing this one! cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:41 PM