Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall Solo, two measures missing?
bobdavis62
May 12 2011, 04:19 PM
GMC:er
Laszlo,

I'm new to GMC. This is one of the first lessons I chose to work on. I am really enjoying it. I like your teaching style. I like the way you explain what you're doing, step by step. Running through it once very, very slowly and then once at tempo.

I was listening to and watching the "main" video and comparing it to some sheet music I have for this song. I noticed that right around measures 17 and 18 you play the lick, but play it higher up on the fretboard. But in the individual lessons where you break the solo down lick by lick, I can't seem to find where you describe how to play these two measures.

The lick is pretty simple and I've got it figured out, but was just curious. Did you leave it out intentionally? And, why do you play it an octave higher? Is the fingering easier or is there some other advantage?

Anyway, I very much enjoy your lessons and I hope you can do some more Pink Floyd lessons sometime.

Bob

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Son, someday you will make a girl very happy, for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you and be with new men who are ten times better than you could ever hope to be. These men are called... musicians.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laszlo Boross
May 12 2011, 09:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bobdavis62 @ May 12 2011, 05:19 PM) *
Laszlo,

I'm new to GMC. This is one of the first lessons I chose to work on. I am really enjoying it. I like your teaching style. I like the way you explain what you're doing, step by step. Running through it once very, very slowly and then once at tempo.

I was listening to and watching the "main" video and comparing it to some sheet music I have for this song. I noticed that right around measures 17 and 18 you play the lick, but play it higher up on the fretboard. But in the individual lessons where you break the solo down lick by lick, I can't seem to find where you describe how to play these two measures.

The lick is pretty simple and I've got it figured out, but was just curious. Did you leave it out intentionally? And, why do you play it an octave higher? Is the fingering easier or is there some other advantage?

Anyway, I very much enjoy your lessons and I hope you can do some more Pink Floyd lessons sometime.

Bob

Hi Bob!

I'm glad you like this lesson! It's possible I played some notes a bit different as it is on the original sheet. I watched some video how Gilmour play it, and I tried to make a very similar and playable lesson from it.
If you have any question in conection with this lesson just send me a message.
Regards
Laszlo smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Laszlo Boross: May 12 2011, 09:48 PM

--------------------
Check out my lessons
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:22 AM