Cannot Load Presets, Not showing up after I import
Georgia Rocker
Aug 23 2011, 11:47 PM
GMC:er
I downloaded all the presets but cannot get them to show up in my list of presets. I went to the My Documents folder and went to native instriments then shared content then guitar rig 4 then sounds then guitar rig 4 folder and there are lots of presets there. I dragged and dropped then in this folder and even tried copyiing then pasting. Then I open guitar rig 4 and do the scan for new presets under options....I look for the name that is on the preset like tubeyblues.ksd and the others but none are in the list. Am I doing something wrong?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Todd Simpson
Aug 24 2011, 01:38 AM
QUOTE (Georgia Rocker @ Aug 23 2011, 06:47 PM) *
I downloaded all the presets but cannot get them to show up in my list of presets. I went to the My Documents folder and went to native instriments then shared content then guitar rig 4 then sounds then guitar rig 4 folder and there are lots of presets there. I dragged and dropped then in this folder and even tried copyiing then pasting. Then I open guitar rig 4 and do the scan for new presets under options....I look for the name that is on the preset like tubeyblues.ksd and the others but none are in the list. Am I doing something wrong?

Good question smile.gif Once you copy the presets to the sounds folder with the other presets, launch GUITAR RIG and click on OPTIONS then click on SCAN.

This will rescan your presets and the new ones should show up.
Attached Image
Message me if you have any questions. Enjoy the presets!
Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 24 2011, 02:41 AM

+Quote Post
Georgia Rocker
Aug 24 2011, 01:48 AM
Hmm Thats what I've been doing and there not showing up...just checking to make sure I was doing it right. Ill keep at it..thanks

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 23 2011, 08:38 PM) *
Good question smile.gif Once you copy the presets to the sounds folder with the other presets, launch GUITAR RIG and click on OPTIONS then click on SCAN.

This will rescan your presets and the new ones should show up.

Message me if you have any questions. Enjoy the presets!
Todd

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 24 2011, 01:56 PM
QUOTE (Georgia Rocker @ Aug 23 2011, 08:48 PM) *
Hmm Thats what I've been doing and there not showing up...just checking to make sure I was doing it right. Ill keep at it..thanks

Well darn. I just read your post again and saw you were doing SCAN, sorry for the confusion. This is the first thing to try but you are already trying it. Hmm.

Are you on Mac or PC?

Which Version of operating system?

Which Version of Guitar Rig? Full/Demo 4?

Can you run as a StandAlone App? Sometimes this fixes the issue.

If you are on a Mac make sure you are using an ADMINISTRATOR level account.

Also, there is this fix.

1. Make a folder called "custom" in the "My Documents" section of your computer.
2. Open GR4 and in the presets bank section, create a completely new bank called "custom".
3. Put all of your custom presets in the folder, located in My Documents.
4. Open GR4 if it isn't already, and drag the presets from the "custom" folder to the "custom" bank.

Sorry it's giving you trouble. sad.gif Being able to pull presets in is one of the best things about Guitar Rig. So it's pretty crucial to fix.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 24 2011, 02:38 PM
P.S. Here are two presets in a zip that I just exported. Perhaps it's an issue with how I was getting previous presets out of Guitar Rig. I just exported these under new names and reimported, scanned and they worked. I'm putting them in a zip. Let me know if these will load. You should be able to launch the stand alone version of guitar rig and click

IMPORT

Then select the preset (after unzipping)

Then Scan.

Then in the search bar above PRESET NAME type GMC that way you will only see GMC presets.

Let me know smile.gif

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 24 2011, 02:38 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Archive.zip ( 10.7K ) Number of downloads: 415

+Quote Post
Georgia Rocker
Aug 24 2011, 09:37 PM
Hey Todd, when I get home from work this evening I'll give those presets a try. I have the full version of GR4 and using pc with xp operating system. I'll let you know ..Thanks again..

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 24 2011, 09:38 AM) *
P.S. Here are two presets in a zip that I just exported. Perhaps it's an issue with how I was getting previous presets out of Guitar Rig. I just exported these under new names and reimported, scanned and they worked. I'm putting them in a zip. Let me know if these will load. You should be able to launch the stand alone version of guitar rig and click

IMPORT

Then select the preset (after unzipping)

Then Scan.

Then in the search bar above PRESET NAME type GMC that way you will only see GMC presets.

Let me know smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Georgia Rocker
Aug 25 2011, 01:26 AM
Still didn't work...I tried the iimport option and tried it and that didn't work so I tried to drag and drop then into the folder and scanned both times. I go to browser window and searched then went through every p[reset folder and didn't list them. It has to be something on my computer of my settings but I cannot find it..Im gonna check on the native site and see if I can get an answer..Thanks for your help todd. Hey I do have another question that you might can answer..I hear alot of buzzing from my pa system. not sure what is causing it...I'm using just regular guitar chord cables running from my pa to my foot controller? is that the cable? thinking I read something somewhere about there being different cables some without shielded cables....Thanks again

QUOTE (Georgia Rocker @ Aug 24 2011, 04:37 PM) *
Hey Todd, when I get home from work this evening I'll give those presets a try. I have the full version of GR4 and using pc with xp operating system. I'll let you know ..Thanks again..

+Quote Post
Georgia Rocker
Aug 25 2011, 11:43 PM
Native Instruments got back with me today and told me I needed to update my GR4. I thought I didn't have any updates, when I went into the control center and checked for updates it tells me it's up to date. I went to NI website and checked there and there was a update. Version 4.2.0. ...Able to load new presets now...Just a note incase anyone else runs into the same problem I had.

QUOTE (Georgia Rocker @ Aug 24 2011, 08:26 PM) *
Still didn't work...I tried the iimport option and tried it and that didn't work so I tried to drag and drop then into the folder and scanned both times. I go to browser window and searched then went through every p[reset folder and didn't list them. It has to be something on my computer of my settings but I cannot find it..Im gonna check on the native site and see if I can get an answer..Thanks for your help todd. Hey I do have another question that you might can answer..I hear alot of buzzing from my pa system. not sure what is causing it...I'm using just regular guitar chord cables running from my pa to my foot controller? is that the cable? thinking I read something somewhere about there being different cables some without shielded cables....Thanks again

+Quote Post
Finny
Aug 25 2011, 11:48 PM
Learning Roadie
Same problem here... Could it be a version mismatch? I am running version 4.07...

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 25 2011, 11:57 PM
QUOTE (Georgia Rocker @ Aug 25 2011, 06:43 PM) *
Native Instruments got back with me today and told me I needed to update my GR4. I thought I didn't have any updates, when I went into the control center and checked for updates it tells me it's up to date. I went to NI website and checked there and there was a update. Version 4.2.0. ...Able to load new presets now...Just a note incase anyone else runs into the same problem I had.

Glad it's finally working smile.gif

QUOTE (Finny @ Aug 25 2011, 06:48 PM) *
Same problem here... Could it be a version mismatch? I am running version 4.07...

Sounds like you may just need the same update. I've run across loads of solks across the web with this same issue. It honestly never occurred to me to tell them to go "download the update" as I susptected some sort of configuration issue. This is all good news really as now the fix is quite simpel. I'd say get over to NI and download the update ASAP.

+Quote Post
dark dude
Aug 25 2011, 11:57 PM
Yeah, it probably is. I've seen posts where people have problems with presets unless they update to when the presets were created.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:15 PM