Back To School, With another college year ahead of me
thefireball
Aug 16 2010, 03:53 AM
Learning Roadie
This is sort of a blog-like thread. You are welcome to comment all you want. I just wanted to share a few things about my school for those who care to know. Just sharing a bit of my life with you. I don't know how long this topic will go on, but for the meantime...
..I type...

Hello!!

Well, it is back to school tomorrow for me, GMC community. It's kinda cool and kinda not. I'll miss surfing the forums here all day, but I can check afterwards in the day. I won't have all the free time in the world to rock. And I do dislike studying.... sad.gif

However...on the flipside of that...I can see my friends again. I will learn more about computers. My major is IST (Information Systems Technology) Micro Computers. And the new thing of college life will be thrilling again. I'm going to continue to embark on a journey that will take me to new heights. I'm going to Think Big! Dream Big! That's our school's motto. I pray this year goes well for me and for all the other students - and that all the instructors do their part well. smile.gif

I have attended TRCC for one entire year - and yipee!, I didn't miss one, single day! I hope it goes the same way this year. I plan on these two years right now. I have inturn ship my last semester. I hope that turns into a job. I don't really wanna attend more that two years. I couldn't do it at TRCC anyway, since it is a two year college, but I could transfer if I wish. But I don't really want to - I'm ready to get on with my life. wink.gif

We are remodeling at Three Rivers Community College, and it's looking nice. The cafeteria has been transformed into more of a restaurant. A bread company has moved into the college. Actually, a lot of changes have happened to make the college better financially. happy.gif

Well...tomorrow's the day! I suppose I'll let you know how my first day was if you are interested. tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by thefireball: Aug 16 2010, 10:27 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 16 2010, 05:00 AM
GMC:er
For the remodeling, get a computer room or laptop setup! Go there and login to GMC, music studies!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 16 2010, 03:48 PM
Learning Roadie
Well, I've already had my first computer class. I stay in here for my next two classes. Waiting for the next class to begin. I was late for this first one. I had to get my book for my second hour. Fortunately, the teacher wasn't mad. We know each other from last semester. She was my Business English instructor then. This class I just had is called Document Processing. As I thought, it was just an introduction to the class. Meaning I probably would've been okay not getting my book for next hour. Oh well. No worries. Sitting by one of my best friends, James...he is laughing at something funny on the internet....

James said, "It's a nice day for this class......you come in here and listen for 20 minutes what this class is about...and then.....INTERNET!" laugh.gif ...yeah, we got out a little early.

So sitting at this computer in this computer classroom waiting.....waiting....for my next class to begin.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 16 2010, 11:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Well, I've finished the first day of school. It went well. It was a nice introductory day. Not much that we really did. Just overviewed upcoming activities in each course. For lunch the BSU (Baptist Student Union) grilled hamburgers and hotdogs. So that was my free lunch today. I had one of each. I had dessert too: Oatmeal Cream Pie and another cookie that had caramel and fudge in it. I can't remember what it was called though - out of the box, store bought stuff. I chatted with friends at the BSU and also played my Nintendo DS lite. Played an old GBA game called Golden Sun. It's a nice RPG game. I saw a few new faces today and other old faces as well. It was great to see some old friends and meet new people.

I didn't need any of my books today, but I will Wednesday. This means I could've saved myself a bit of stress this morning about getting to class on time. (Refer to post #3) Oh well...what's done is done. I got some good news for myself. I don't have to wear a suit and tie for speech class as I thought - I don't have to dress up at all! The teacher said I could wear what I have on now, which was a t-shirt and shorts. Yesss!!! I dislike wearing a tie, much less a suit. That takes a bit of worry from me, but I'm still anxious about the speech part. My first speech will be September 15, five days before I turn 19. That is, if they get to me first. I think we have the first speech divided into 2 days. If we go alphabetically then I'm sure I'll be among the first. (Last name is Burch)

I have two webclasses to look at, and a bit other reading to do in other classes, but other than that, not anything grevious for homework. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 17 2010, 02:25 AM
Dude, do you want my penpal's email to write to? wink.gif

He writes me a novel about the stuff he's up to!
It's a secret but I enjoy reading it and writing back, but I can't help thinking if you get famous will it all end up in your Biography?

Starting early on writing it? laugh.gif

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 17 2010, 04:25 AM
Learning Roadie
Azzaboi, you kill me! laugh.gif

Yeah, I have this thread here for anybody who wants to read it. biggrin.gif
I do have a friend that is following this thread, although he hasn't joined GMC. Hopefully he will soon. He expressed interested in it.

So, what do you say Mr. Four-Random-Letters-Bunched-On-The-Keyboard? You gonna join? laugh.gif

Don't worry guys, that's only supposed to make sense to my friend whom I know will eventually read this! Or did already! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 17 2010, 07:36 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thats a good field you're going into, it pays really well. Its a good back up plan, just in case being a rock star doesn't work out tongue.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 17 2010, 11:09 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Aug 17 2010, 01:36 AM) *
Thats a good field you're going into, it pays really well. Its a good back up plan, just in case being a rock star doesn't work out tongue.gif

Right! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Jesse
Aug 18 2010, 08:37 AM
College in America? Isn't that all about beer & girls? tongue.gif

Doesn't seem too bad....

This post has been edited by Jesse: Aug 18 2010, 08:37 AM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 18 2010, 09:14 AM
Jesse - You watch too much American Pie. laugh.gif

--------------------

Play Games Arcade

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 18 2010, 01:27 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Jesse @ Aug 18 2010, 02:37 AM) *
College in America? Isn't that all about beer & girls? tongue.gif

Doesn't seem too bad....

No, my friend, not for me. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 31 2010, 06:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Aug 18 2010, 09:14 AM) *
Jesse - You watch too much American Pie. laugh.gif

heheheh, I met a guy from the US recently and he said that, but I'm sure that's a silly stereotype

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 31 2010, 11:11 PM
Learning Roadie
So long as this topic is sorta active again, I guess I'll say that the semester is going well so far. This is my 3rd week. Having to keep up with school and not let guitar and computer get in the way of things. wink.gif It's fun and I'm thriving once again. Finding many opportunities to be a witness for Christ.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 8 2010, 04:31 AM
Learning Roadie
Yay!! I simply love my web page development class!! And my visual basic programming as well! They are so fun! I'm preparing my speech for self-intro that is supposed to start on the 15th of this month. I'm visualizing myself being successful. My biggest problem is staying under the 3 minute limit! laugh.gif I just talk too much!! I gotta keep this short! Mrs. Ramsey, my speech teacher, is so funny - such a good teacher. I love her saying she always says, "....and this sorta thing.." She says that when she runs out of things to say while listing things. ...wow...I think I'm wearing out the root word 'said'. biggrin.gif

That's how the life goes at TRCC so far!

P.S. Enjoying the Baptist Student Union (BSU) fellowships.

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Sep 8 2010, 06:37 AM
You sound a bit like me, loves some Web Design and Programming stuff...
I'm a hardcore extremist in most things, gaming, sports, metal/rock guitar, but still got a creative geek side too at heart.

I'm still really surprised how many programmers I've meant also play the guitar (must be a creative side of the brain links them or something). Then again programmers aren't the geeky guys with pizza stained shirts anymore, they rock out, play guitar and ride motorbikes! lol

A hate speechs!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 15 2010, 09:50 PM
Learning Roadie
smile.gif I gave my self-intro speech today! I did very well. My points I wanted to say came out right; these three were: (1) video games and computers, (2) My music, and (3) my faith in God.

God helped me through this speech. I wasn't the only one who spoke out about God. wink.gif And I wasn't really that nervous. smile.gif I was actually one of the calmer ones who spoke. The rest of the students will give their speeches Monday.

I'm so happy it turned out well - I knew my speech, for sure. cool.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:34 PM