> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Rhythmic Funk Development, Lesson By Diego Budicin
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Timmez
Jan 5 2021, 08:04 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Rhythmic Funk Development by Diego Budicin

Hello guys, I really like the rhytmic Grooves from Diego his lessons. I worked on this for months but its time for me to go further with another. thanks in advance :)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2021, 03:25 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!

You know my thoughts about this one since we are working together at the mentoring program. So I'll just summarize the things that you need to work and grade your take.

I can say that this new take is a bit better than the previous that I've checked but there are still two main elements to improve:

- Groove/Timing: Once you fix the rush thing, you can focus on groove.

- Cleanness: The single note faster riff still need work. Some notes are missing while some others are rushed. You could isolate these parts.

You are working very hard, and you are progressing a lot. Congratulations!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 6 2021, 03:54 PM
GMC Founder
Cool!

It sounds very tasty until around 00:20. At this point your timing/rhythm gets disconnected with the backing.

Then around 00:54 your playing gets tight again. Since this coincides with the 16th notes strumming - I would strongly suggest you use this kind of strumming exercise to boost your funk chops.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Funk-Rhythms/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Funk-Workout/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Funk-Rhythms-Workout/

Practicing funk with the help of constant 16th note strumming is pretty much standard - and it is a super effective way to 'funk in time'!

Since your timing is off large portions of the piece I will give a 4 - but I think that with some focused practicing you should be able to quickly get this one down!

Keep up the hard work!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 11 2021, 05:11 PM
Instructor
Hey Tim.

This lesson is cool but actually very difficult. It requires extra tight playing to keep it right. I think your loosen right hand can be a problem, becasue here's a huge control of tension and release needed. In you take we can discover you're loosing tightness when trying to play these licks inbetween strummed parts. There is also a lot of work needed to keep things souding "chunky" and with perfect separation.

This video is another example of some problems you have with faster runs. I think you should reset your right hand mechanics/behavior. there is this sentence "you can't expect different results if you keep doing things teh same way all over again". there is something in your picking method that doesn't work and keep you away from further developement. Somehow I belive it is not just a matter of time, but a need of redo you right hand behavior from teh scratch.

Sometimes we need to make one step back to later make 2 steps forward. That is your case in my thinking.

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 21 2021, 08:41 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 5

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:59 PM