2 Pages V   1 2 >  
In My Time Of Dying, Jimmy Page, Jack White and The Edge
rokchik
Jan 7 2010, 01:05 AM
The Dark Canuck

This is from the documentary "It Might Get Loud". To see these guys just sit around and talk guitar was just fascinating and I just loved this part. Great movie!

Jimmy Page... the reason I picked up the guitar!!!

rok

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kahall
Jan 7 2010, 04:51 AM
Learning Roadie
Good flick. I rented it and loved it so much I am going to buy it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 7 2010, 07:39 AM
Instructor
Seen it. Very cool documentary. I love Page's playing.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 7 2010, 12:28 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I still have to see it, I'm definitaley going to rent it soon.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 7 2010, 04:19 PM
Instructor
where did you guys watch it?

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 7 2010, 11:20 PM
Instructor
I watched the documentary it is nice, a bit depressive to me, but it's inspiring to hear the big players, specially Mr. Page, who talks like a true R&R guru.

Just to add, there is one scene in the movie where they sit together in improvised studio and everybody plays some bits from their bands, famous riff etc. So, White plays his part, Edge plays his, and then boom! Mr.Page plays the riff that is so recognizable and legendary you just have to stand with respect and listen. I think the other guys really looked like that, full or respect in that scene wink.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jan 7 2010, 11:22 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jan 8 2010, 12:09 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 7 2010, 06:20 PM) *
I watched the documentary it is nice, a bit depressive to me, but it's inspiring to hear the big players, specially Mr. Page, who talks like a true R&R guru.

Just to add, there is one scene in the movie where they sit together in improvised studio and everybody plays some bits from their bands, famous riff etc. So, White plays his part, Edge plays his, and then boom! Mr.Page plays the riff that is so recognizable and legendary you just have to stand with respect and listen. I think the other guys really looked like that, full or respect in that scene wink.gif

Yes Ivan that is a great scene and I agree they were pretty much in awe. There was a few times when The Edge had this look of "OMG!! Jimmy Page is talking to me about guitars" LOL!!!

I think this scene where Jimmy talks about "Rumble" by Link Wray is my favourite though. He looks like a kid in a candy store talking about it. I love the goofy grin he gets. I'll try to find a link for it.

@ Daniel I got the film on DVD and I think it is available for download on iTunes.

This post has been edited by rokchik: Jan 8 2010, 12:13 AM

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jan 9 2010, 03:14 PM
GMC:er
I love Jack's minimalistic approach and ofc I love Jimmy but I don't give much for Edge's gadget-supported supersonic playing.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 9 2010, 04:29 PM
You mean this scene?

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jan 9 2010, 09:13 PM
The Dark Canuck
^^
YES!!

oh and here is the scene I was talking about with Jimmy... pretty soon we may have the whole doc posted LOL!!! Sorry to those who haven't seen the film yet but believe me it is worth watching regardless.

+Quote Post
Rik Veldhuizen
Jan 9 2010, 09:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
This is great... I just pre-ordered the movie, hopefully be in my possession within 2 weeks...

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 9 2010, 11:11 PM
Instructor
Yeah, that scene is great as well, he does look like a kid. I bet he has the same look on his face now, as he did when he first heard it, just awesome biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 10 2010, 05:50 PM
Instructor
I haven't seen this movie/documentary yet but I will definitely try to get a hold of it now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rik Veldhuizen
Jan 14 2010, 09:35 AM
Learning Rock Star
Appearantly, the director (David Guggenheim) was thinking about getting Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Slash... In the end, it was Page, White and the Edge. Especially the fact that he got Page to cooperate is very special (reciting a review of the movie here...). He did it by asking and asking over and over again, and promising that the movie would only be about the creative process, not about the sex, drugs and rock-'n-roll..

Anyway, even the review in the newspaper yesterday was very enthusiastic about it (4/5)

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jan 14 2010, 12:57 PM
Jazz Instructor
Cool! Thanks for sharing!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jan 14 2010, 10:28 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Rik Veldhuizen @ Jan 14 2010, 04:35 AM) *
Appearantly, the director (David Guggenheim) was thinking about getting Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Slash... In the end, it was Page, White and the Edge. Especially the fact that he got Page to cooperate is very special (reciting a review of the movie here...). He did it by asking and asking over and over again, and promising that the movie would only be about the creative process, not about the sex, drugs and rock-'n-roll..

Anyway, even the review in the newspaper yesterday was very enthusiastic about it (4/5)

I for one am very glad it was only about the creative process and how these three great guitarist honed their craft. I think it is what made the documentary interesting. It really showed the love and appreciation these guys have for music and guitar, not just the money and fame, which was very refreshing to see.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 15 2010, 02:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jan 14 2010, 10:28 PM) *
I for one am very glad it was only about the creative process and how these three great guitarist honed their craft. I think it is what made the documentary interesting. It really showed the love and appreciation these guys have for music and guitar, not just the money and fame, which was very refreshing to see.

I agree 100% with this. This documentary really stands out. It is not eye candy, it cuts to the core.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dusty
Jan 17 2010, 02:15 PM
Awesome, i just this minute read an article about this in total guitar, this has just convinced me to go and buy the movie.

D

--------------------
"smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast"

+Quote Post
Rik Veldhuizen
Jan 23 2010, 01:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
received the dvd yesterday, a couple of days after it was released (i.e. on dvd)... Great movie/documentary and glad I can now watch it a couple of times smile.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jan 25 2010, 03:13 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Rik Veldhuizen @ Jan 23 2010, 08:39 AM) *
received the dvd yesterday, a couple of days after it was released (i.e. on dvd)... Great movie/documentary and glad I can now watch it a couple of times smile.gif

Very cool Rik smile.gif I've watched it quite a few times now and I always seem to find a little something I missed the time before.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:10 AM