Shreedy Guitar =)
ruben_mcn
Nov 23 2009, 04:46 PM
Learning Roadie
HI guys so i really want to get into shred and fast stuff so i´m buy an Ibanez =) .. i want one that has HSH and a tremlo ... so a saw this two (Ibanez RG350 EX and the DX) that aren´t very expensive .. (i prefer the DX i just love that white look it looks just like a jem =)) what do you think ??? are they good ??? (are the parts in them good? are the trems good?are the stock pickups nice ? will they stay in tune ?? how is their playability ??)

i know this are lots of questions =) sorry but i really don´t want to buy somthing i wont like =)

PS. i really love starts is the anyone with a nice trem and nice humbucer that would allow me to do some shreding???

btw . do you know any nice lesson to start shreding =) ??

Technical Info (Rg 350)
* Wizard II neck

* Neck Material: 3-piece maple

* Body: Basswood

* 24 Jumbo frets

* Bound Rosewood Fingerboard

* Edge III tremolo bridge

* Neck Pickup: IBZ INF3 (Humbucker)

* Middle Pickup: IBZ INFS3 (Single Coil)

* Bridge Pickup: IBZ INF4 (Humbucker)

* Sharktooth Inlay

* Hardware Color: Black

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Nov 23 2009, 05:16 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 23 2009, 04:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well, basically there is no magical guitar that will make you shred like out of this world. That's about technique and that can be learned on any guitar really. Sure some guitars might be a motivator, but just don't expect it to come with the guitar wink.gif

Now, I'm no gear freak, so I can't really help you more than that though.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Nov 23 2009, 05:02 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 23 2009, 03:55 PM) *
Well, basically there is no magical guitar that will make you shred like out of this world. That's about technique and that can be learned on any guitar really. Sure some guitars might be a motivator, but just don't expect it to come with the guitar wink.gif

Now, I'm no gear freak, so I can't really help you more than that though.

Thanks =) i know that talent wont come with the guitar .. but i´m gonna work really hard until i can shred like the Dio himself =)

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Nov 23 2009, 05:11 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Nov 23 2009, 10:02 AM) *
Thanks =) i know that talent wont come with the guitar .. but i´m gonna work really hard until i can shred like the Dio himself =)

If you wanted to shred, it takes years of practice. My father was once a shredder from what he says and it took him forever. I do agree with Cal that guitars can be motivators. The Ibanez RG's are nice but Schecter C-1 hellraisers and classics are great as well. Also I would recommend looking into Jackson guitars. Ever since my Jackson Kelly was passed down to me I have never looked back, they truly are fantastic guitars. The come with pretty good pickups these days too, I think you can get them with EMG 81/85 built in. The trem is also great. Hope that helps you out.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Nov 23 2009, 05:50 PM
GMC:er
ibanez guitars are great, but if you are a first time floyd user, id start studying on how to set up the trems properly.

have you considered buying a used high quality ibanez instead of a new lower quality one? for the price of the rg350 new, you can find good deals on top end ibanez guitars in top end condtion that will last you longer and give you less problems

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Nov 23 2009, 05:57 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
1+ to Marks post, no use in buying a new mid-end Ibanez when you can get a high end for the same price, and if you`re lucky, maybe in same condition;)

In general, look for "superstrats" if you want a shreddy guitar, like Ibanez, Schecter, Jackson, Esp/ltd and so on. Most preferably, a guitar with a thin neck.

Btw, I hope your intentions of a shredder is to become BETTER than Dio, since he never played guitar wink.gif
(He played some bass in his former band ELF though)

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Nov 24 2009, 08:26 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Nov 23 2009, 04:50 PM) *
ibanez guitars are great, but if you are a first time floyd user, id start studying on how to set up the trems properly.

have you considered buying a used high quality ibanez instead of a new lower quality one? for the price of the rg350 new, you can find good deals on top end ibanez guitars in top end condtion that will last you longer and give you less problems

QUOTE (mhskeide @ Nov 23 2009, 04:57 PM) *
1+ to Marks post, no use in buying a new mid-end Ibanez when you can get a high end for the same price, and if you`re lucky, maybe in same condition;)

In general, look for "superstrats" if you want a shreddy guitar, like Ibanez, Schecter, Jackson, Esp/ltd and so on. Most preferably, a guitar with a thin neck.

Btw, I hope your intentions of a shredder is to become BETTER than Dio, since he never played guitar wink.gif
(He played some bass in his former band ELF though)

Thanks I´ll check some second hand guitars ... (i have already check som jems but i´m always afraid that their condition isn´t the best :S and if somthing happens their is no insurance )

ps: By Dio i ment the DEvil him self with his tasty riffs and solos straight from hell !! =)

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Nov 24 2009, 08:29 PM

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 24 2009, 09:42 PM
Instructor
I've been playing with stock pick ups on my Ibanez prestige and I'm very satisfied with the sound, sometimes people can't tell the difference,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
sidewas lightnin...
Nov 24 2009, 09:55 PM
I absolutely agreed with mark. I found a used ibanez at guitar center that had been upgraded with emgs and would have been worth 1000 usd new, but was only priced at 400 because it had a ding in one of its sides (barely noticeable.) It is extremely comfortable and through a high end marshall tube amp they had there, it sounded like a slice of heaven shaped into a guitar. smile.gif I hope its mine soon! I would almost always go for used higher-end gear that is slightly less asthetically pleasing but sounds much better.

And about the rg350- it plays very well, but it sounds extremely generic to my ears. The body isn't very resonant, and the pickups are decent but overall very average sounding.

This post has been edited by sidewas lightning: Nov 24 2009, 10:02 PM

--------------------
I spelled my username wrong...I didn't even think that was possible!

Look at the topic for my guitar...
Finished Guitar Build

Gear:
Homemade strat (You still need to look at its topic!)
Squier strat (probably going to get rid of it and get another guitar instead) :)
Line 6 spider amp (not actually used for anything, just acts as a speaker)
Digitech Gnx2 (kind of old, but cheap, and sounds amazing!)

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 24 2009, 09:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
I dont wanna shred at all... sad.gif I'm busy trying to learn playing the guitar! tongue.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Nov 24 2009, 10:13 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Nov 23 2009, 04:11 PM) *
If you wanted to shred, it takes years of practice. My father was once a shredder from what he says and it took him forever. I do agree with Cal that guitars can be motivators. The Ibanez RG's are nice but Schecter C-1 hellraisers and classics are great as well. Also I would recommend looking into Jackson guitars. Ever since my Jackson Kelly was passed down to me I have never looked back, they truly are fantastic guitars. The come with pretty good pickups these days too, I think you can get them with EMG 81/85 built in. The trem is also great. Hope that helps you out.

Thanks for your help =) my brother has jackson KVX 10 but i just don´t like it :S ..don´t like the pick-ups sound ..don´t like the trem :S

QUOTE (sidewas lightning @ Nov 24 2009, 08:55 PM) *
I absolutely agreed with mark. I found a used ibanez at guitar center that had been upgraded with emgs and would have been worth 1000 usd new, but was only priced at 400 because it had a ding in one of its sides (barely noticeable.) It is extremely comfortable and through a high end marshall tube amp they had there, it sounded like a slice of heaven shaped into a guitar. smile.gif I hope its mine soon! I would almost always go for used higher-end gear that is slightly less asthetically pleasing but sounds much better.

And about the rg350- it plays very well, but it sounds extremely generic to my ears. The body isn't very resonant, and the pickups are decent but overall very average sounding.

I just find a bit harsh to find good 2nd handed guitars =( cause i can´t really tell if the price is good or not :S and when i find one that i think its good i can´t get in touch with the guy who is selling it ...

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Nov 24 2009, 11:06 PM

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Nov 26 2009, 12:13 AM
Learning Roadie
Do you think an dean razorback v 2ndhanded for 650 is worth the money ???? can it be played nicely while sitting and standin up ??? is this good for shreeding cause it looks like it is =) is this better than the IBAnez guitars (rg 350 dx ex) ???

here is the advrtise: http://lisboacity.olx.pt/vendo-dean-razorback-v-iid-58421263

it´s in portuguese so here is the translation :

- I´m selling this guitar for 650 euros .. case is included in the price, it has warmick strap locks and a Tremol-no systhem.The guitar is in excelent conditions it´s one year old.. i´m sealing it cause i´m buyn a Custom...

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Nov 26 2009, 12:18 AM

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Nov 26 2009, 02:14 AM
Do you have any chance of trying them?. This will make you decide. And, I agree with buying a second hand Ibanez. All my guitars (except the Luthier ones) are used and I love them

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Nov 28 2009, 12:08 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Nov 26 2009, 01:14 AM) *
Do you have any chance of trying them?. This will make you decide. And, I agree with buying a second hand Ibanez. All my guitars (except the Luthier ones) are used and I love them

Don´t know :S the owner doesen´t seem to be awsering mymesseges..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:28 AM