Piano/keyboard
Chokehold
Jan 18 2009, 12:54 PM
GMC:er
I want to learn how to play one thing with my right hand and another thing with the left on my keyboard, kind of like this http://se.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qKLiAHPSA playing a rythm part with the left that don't go after the lead and playing the lead with the right.

Don't know how is should explain it, so i'm prepeared for not getting an answer smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Hellraiser C-7, Epiphone SG, Some old fake Strat, and an acoustic of unknown brand.
Amp: Marshall MG 30DFX.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Jan 18 2009, 01:28 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Chokehold @ Jan 18 2009, 06:54 AM) *
I want to learn how to play one thing with my right hand and another thing with the left on my keyboard.

When I was in music school and we were going over chord melody for guitar, the instructor, a keyboard player, said, "You know what they call playing chord melody on the piano?...playing the piano!"

He was being a tremendous smart-butt, but it's true.

/probably not the answer you're looking for, but I thought I'd share that little nugget with you.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 18 2009, 01:32 PM
Lemons are yellow and soft and pianos are black and white and hard. They don't mix. Same as playing Metallica on piano. Plus as said above you actually want to play piano lol. What you described is just being able to play the piano. I advise starting off with something simple like this.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Jan 18 2009, 01:33 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Chokehold
Jan 18 2009, 03:21 PM
Thanks alot, will try that song smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Hellraiser C-7, Epiphone SG, Some old fake Strat, and an acoustic of unknown brand.
Amp: Marshall MG 30DFX.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 18 2009, 03:39 PM
QUOTE (Chokehold @ Jan 18 2009, 02:21 PM) *
Thanks alot, will try that song smile.gif

It was one of the first songs I ever learnt on keyboard.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 18 2009, 09:40 PM
Instructor
I'm trying to learn Easy by Faith No More atm smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 18 2009, 09:58 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
practice practice practice wink.gif start from zero and work your way up, which can take years to be really blasting.

Ok, so drummers use both hands and both feet but they just hit stuff. When I was playing the electric organ left hand is for chords on the lower keyboard, right hand is for the melody on the upper keyboard. Both feet play the bass rhythm on the floor pedals.
Really cool but somewhat difficult instrument smile.gif ...I should pick it up again

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:28 PM