Gigantour Today!
shellshock1911
Apr 20 2008, 04:02 PM
GMC:er
Yep so I have been waiting about 3 months for this and today is the day! Gigantour 2008! I have been to concerts such as Motley Crue, Def Leppard, and Van Halen, but I don't really really love those bands, I don't mind listening to them on the radio or jamming out every now and then, but I wouldn't put them on my Ipod, because I just simply would always have something else that I really really really love.

But this concert is different, at least 3 of the bands on the tour I am really looking forward to seeing, especially Megadeth, I can't believe that I am finally actually going to get to go to a concert of a band that I actually really like.

If I recall, there were some people here that were going to the same one in Atlanta today? Right? Well me and two friends will be in the General Admission area and there is like no way I am going to the pit.

The only thing that I don't like is how the concert was moved from a really great venue, with stadium style seating and indoors (The Tabernacle) to a relatively crappy outdoor, all flat, stand up style venue (The Masquerade), oh well, it should still be great.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 20 2008, 04:46 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
You will enjoy it so much!!!

I saw the first and second GIGANTOURs, and if the third is anything like those two, You will have an AWESOME Time!!!

Do some extra headbanging for me smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 20 2008, 04:53 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Have fun

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Apr 21 2008, 06:49 PM
I can't really say much because words simply can't describe the concert! So that is about all I can say!

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Apr 22 2008, 01:42 AM
Megadeth and High On Fire are the only once worth seeing for me. High on Fire especially, and they have the shortest set list. Have a great time though smile.gif

This post has been edited by VinceG: Apr 22 2008, 01:42 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Apr 22 2008, 02:28 AM
I was there. Right at the front in front of the lead guitarists of all bands, except Bodom then it owuld be in front of Roope.

It owned man.

This post has been edited by Enucleation: Apr 22 2008, 02:29 AM

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Apr 22 2008, 03:48 AM
QUOTE (Enucleation @ Apr 22 2008, 02:28 AM) *
I was there. Right at the front in front of the lead guitarists of all bands, except Bodom then it owuld be in front of Roope.

It owned man.

You were at the Atlanta one right? Yea and omg once again like I said I don't want to try to describe it with words because no matter what I say, it will be understating an understatement.

No offense to hardcore Marty fans or anything, but Chris Broderick played the solos that Marty wrote better than Marty himself could play them lol. Marty is a great improviser and writer, but I think Chris Brodericks technical ability and versalitilaty is simply unmatched by anyone in the world except maybe John Petrucci. Right before Tornado of Souls, he came out and did this crazy 8 finger sweep tapping over the neck legato thing, I almost sh*t in my pants. And then Tornado of Souls comes on, omg I was going freakin crazy. Marty almost always screwed up the 4th and 5th phrases of the solo in that song, but not Chris lol, every single note, dead on, and he learned it (along with everything else) in like a week! Seriously this guy has got to be God or something. I am so looking forward to what he brings to a new Megadeth album, since I already know what he brings to a live concert: the greatest guitarist Megadeth has ever had by a long shot (and I always thought Marty would always be by far the best). I haven't been to any other Megadeth concerts, but I think this one was like 100x better than any other ones in the past (judging by videos), simply because Megadeth has Chris Broderick.

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Apr 22 2008, 03:49 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
stratman33
Apr 22 2008, 04:34 AM
congrats, have fun

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:15 PM