4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
You Dream Guitar?
steve25
Nov 9 2007, 04:23 AM
GMC:er
What is your dream guitar that you'd love to have one day? Or maybe you've already got it, and if so what is it? For me, ever since my old guitar teacher played to me his PRS Custom i've wanted one, and i still want one now! The problem is, they're fair from cheap, ranging from around £1500 - £3000. Fortunatly the prices have gone down slightly on them, but i still have a long way to go. For no particular reason i've managed to save just under £800, so i won't be getting one anytime soon. Also i'm only on a part time job as i'm at college which doesn't help tongue.gif. Christmas is coming up which means i'll spend a bit, but on the upside i'll get money for christmas as well. I do want to buy a guitar next year, but i don't see it being a PRS custom for a while tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 9 2007, 04:51 AM
My dream guitar is a JEM with EMG's, a hotrail, with locking tuners and a killswitch.

but if I can go wild, it would be a modeling guitar that doesn't require batteries, with a floyd and an LP structure. also, its made with left-over wood from noah's arc.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Fabian Schulz
Nov 9 2007, 04:57 AM
Instructor
ähm sry biggrin.gif what is a killswitch?

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550, Squier Showmaster Jimmy Shine Signature

Amps: Marshall G30R CD Combo, Marshall MG100HDFX Halfstack

Pedals: Digitech DF-7, Boss RC-2, Dunlop Cry Baby

Wishlist: Brunetti XL R-Evo II or Brunetti Mercury EL34 and a Fabian Schulz Signaturemodel by Ibanez :D

Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
funkymilk
Nov 9 2007, 04:57 AM
MUSICMAN AXIS!! for now anyway,

--------------------
Dance with me !

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 9 2007, 05:00 AM
QUOTE (Fabian Schulz @ Nov 8 2007, 07:57 PM) *
ähm sry biggrin.gif what is a killswitch?

its the button that can be fitted into your guitar that kills the other guitar player you're dueling.....

No, it sends the signal to ground so the volume goes down to 0 for the duration that your finger is on the button. It can be used for dramatic effect, ala

Buckethead:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pytlmRmxZkA

or Tom Morello
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7LFUva7Xe94

--------------------

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 9 2007, 05:06 AM
Definitely a custom PRS, or a custom Carvin, but I also want this.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gib...dtop?sku=514376

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 9 2007, 05:07 AM
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 8 2007, 08:06 PM) *
Definitely a custom PRS, or a custom Carvin, but I also want this.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gib...dtop?sku=514376

you must really love that thing. you've linked it before.

I dont know if I'm ready for a custom myself. Its one of those things where I wouldn't know exactly what specs I want

--------------------

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 9 2007, 05:08 AM
I do haha, or the Gibson Custom Silverburst. biggrin.gif

I will get them all eventually.

+Quote Post
Fabian Schulz
Nov 9 2007, 05:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 9 2007, 05:00 AM) *
its the button that can be fitted into your guitar that kills the other guitar player you're dueling.....
No, it sends the signal to ground so the volume goes down to 0 for the duration that your finger is on the button. It can be used for dramatic effect, ala

Buckethead:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pytlmRmxZkA

or Tom Morello
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7LFUva7Xe94

ah ok smile.gif I already knew the buckethead video but i didn't know what he did there biggrin.gif Thanks for the explanation

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550, Squier Showmaster Jimmy Shine Signature

Amps: Marshall G30R CD Combo, Marshall MG100HDFX Halfstack

Pedals: Digitech DF-7, Boss RC-2, Dunlop Cry Baby

Wishlist: Brunetti XL R-Evo II or Brunetti Mercury EL34 and a Fabian Schulz Signaturemodel by Ibanez :D

Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 9 2007, 05:16 AM
Leo Kottke's signature guitar. Bjørn Berge also use it.

http://www.taylorguitars.com/Guitars/Acous...12-String/LKSM/

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tay...itar?sku=517558

The price is not nice though, musiciansfriend.com says 2500$, but it will cost twice as much in Norway.
When I get rich I'll get one.

+Quote Post
ScottieDog
Nov 9 2007, 05:22 AM
Jimmy Page's - Gibson SG twin neck wink.gif

+Quote Post
steve25
Nov 9 2007, 05:25 AM
Cool some nice guitars up there. I've never really been interested in the gibson les pauls, just always after that PRS custom

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Nov 9 2007, 05:28 AM
probably Tony MacAlpine's Carvin guitar with floatin trem at all, at the moment anyway:P

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Nov 9 2007, 05:28 AM
hmmm.... a white jem, golden pickups and a pure diamond wammy biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 9 2007, 05:34 AM
QUOTE (Xranthoius @ Nov 8 2007, 08:28 PM) *
hmmm.... a white jem, golden pickups and a pure diamond wammy biggrin.gif

dont forget the platinum strings that never go out of tune, and wood that came from yggdrasil, the tree of life.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Nov 9 2007, 05:39 AM
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 8 2007, 10:34 PM) *
dont forget the platinum strings that never go out of tune, and wood that came from yggdrasil, the tree of life.

laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Nov 9 2007, 05:46 AM
Yeah I have a tree of life. Its right next to my other one that grows money wink.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
A custom Ibanez Guitar.

Flying V Body, nice and sharp. Custom paintjob by Luis Royo( Black body, with one of his paintings on on top), 7 strings, Edge Pro 7 Tremelo, Dave Mustaine Livewire pickup in the bridge, Dimarzio Evo for the neck. Black hardware.

I would also like an Ibanez Xiphos, same as above, but with a painting by Joseph Linsner on it, still a 7 string as well.

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Where can you buy a killswitch? I searched it but didn't really get any results except for Killswitch Engage.

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 9 2007, 05:48 AM
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 8 2007, 08:46 PM) *
Where can you buy a killswitch? I searched it but didn't really get any results except for Killswitch Engage.

heres the kicker. theres only one guitar out there with a killswitch already installed and its this dinky little squier http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squ...itch?sku=513752

you have to install a killswitch yourself. theres how to sites and videos everywhere.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:59 PM