David Gilmour Live Dvd
jdriver
Jun 13 2008, 08:28 PM
GMC:er
I was at the local GC and they had on the top counter, the new DVD of David Gilmour and Co. Live at the Royal Albert Hall The title is Remember That Night.

It's a 2 disc set with the concert on one, and the other chock full of documentaries about the tour and the making of On an Island, his recent solo release. It still has too much "light show" and not enough closeups of David's hands, but that's just me.

It's kind of sad to see them all with gray or no hair, but while not as technically perfect as on Pulse (almost 15 years ago!), still loaded with emotion and lyricism in his playing. For me it's rather like watching god create another universe. Then you see all the hard work that goes into it.

Among the goodies, a version of High Hopes which features an extended outro on acoustic that is just heartbreaking. Also a pretty credible live version of Echoes. A guest appearance by David Bowie at the end, doing Arnold Layne and Comfortably Numb, is quite the show closer.

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tsarpf
Jun 13 2008, 08:50 PM
GMC:er
I bought that too recently, my first impressions are positive, but I haven't had time to analyze it any deeper yet.. :S

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JuanMV
Jun 14 2008, 03:27 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (jdriver @ Jun 13 2008, 04:28 PM) *
It's kind of sad to see them all with gray or no hair, but while not as technically perfect as on Pulse (almost 15 years ago!), still loaded with emotion and lyricism in his playing. For me it's rather like watching god create another universe. Then you see all the hard work that goes into it.

Hey jdriver! Cool post. However, as you are talking about one of the most important and influent musicians in modern history, you cannot say that he is not technically perfect as he was 15 years ago. Moreover, you just cannot even imply negative things about David Gilmoure. You probably did not mean anything by, but in my view, Gilmoure is among the few artists over whom you just cannot be negative about in any way.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:59 PM