Sia Competition Results, Our friend DeGroot on the 3rd place! :)
Darius Wave
Aug 8 2013, 08:46 PM
Instructor
Hi folks!

Here's a speciall event with competition results. Our GMC friend - DeGroot took a 3rd place. For me he was one of two guys for winning the competition...second was the actual winner smile.gif So...huge congratulations to all the winners. This is awesome to see when people want to have fun when there are no prizes smile.gif It's priceless smile.gif

https://www.facebook.com/events/177493899102938/?ref=22

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Aug 8 2013, 09:03 PM
GMC:er
Great competition...Congratulations Degroot...It makes me want to learn shredding!!! laugh.gif ...where does one start?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 9 2013, 06:27 AM
Learning Tone Master

Congrats DeGroot!!! I liked your entry!!!

About the winner, it was my favorite and I was had the feeling that he will be the winner. I kept my fingers crossed for him smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 9 2013, 01:00 PM
Instructor
All guys of participants made a great job and proved what's most important in music....smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 9 2013, 01:47 PM
Instructor
Awesome!! Congratulations Degroot! Your solo is very tasty. Well done. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Aug 9 2013, 10:55 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Thanks for the kind words! smile.gif

Wow, I wasn't aware of the placement as I've been out on vacation and away from internet access. I'm happy to hear the news! biggrin.gif

I agree the winner was very tasteful with his tone and phrasing and deserves to be contest winner... inspiring piece he played!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 10 2013, 12:47 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
congrats dude smile.gif Its just an awesome piece of guitar playing. The placings must have been very close. Out of the top 3 solos I genuinely think yours flows the best, it's such a really cool solo to listen to.
still, all those guys are mindblowing!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 12 2013, 07:21 AM
Instructor
Congrats DG! wink.gif You are a very skillful player and as Darius said in the REC zone - you are always coming up with those takes where we have nothing to complain about laugh.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Aug 12 2013, 07:24 AM
Congratulations DG biggrin.gif And oh man, everyone in the top 5 is seriously amazing, I thought only shredding can get you in the top 5 these competitions laugh.gif I have been proved wrong cool.gif

This post has been edited by sammetal92: Aug 12 2013, 07:28 AM

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 12 2013, 08:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Aug 12 2013, 06:24 AM) *
Congratulations DG biggrin.gif And oh man, everyone in the top 5 is seriously amazing, I thought only shredding can get you in the top 5 these competitions laugh.gif I have been proved wrong cool.gif

You're still party right. Very often even if the terms of competition clearly says that "You don't have to be a shredder to win" it still happen that mostly shredders win smile.gif But...Usually those are guys who can really use some original stuff within all those crazy, speed notes. So it's not enough to be a shredder...You have to add something interesting to it...and still remember about the tension buil up, dynamics etc...smile.gif

If it was only about playing fast then the competition on the entire globe is more than huge smile.gif DeGroot has something in his playing that brings an interest smile.gif

But...I said partly...because indeed there were some competitions were the good phrase won with technique.

I was lucky once and won one with an improvisation, done late night, when my eyes were almost closed smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 12 2013, 10:09 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Aug 12 2013, 07:38 AM) *
But...I said partly...because indeed there were some competitions were the good phrase won with technique.

I was lucky once and won one with an improvisation, done late night, when my eyes were almost closed smile.gif

You put this video on the last day of this contest. This contest started on February 8 and you was the winner smile.gif This is a prove that sometimes a good improvisation with an emotional style of playing can be more appreciate rather than some crazy fast licks.
When I listened it for the first time, I heard a "noise" that I liked very much and I was wondering how to call that "noise" ( later I found out it was called "raking"). To learn to make that "noise" I had to learn half of your improvisation smile.gif So, I'm very attached of this improvisation biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 12 2013, 10:15 AM
Instructor
Indeed it was last possible moment smile.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Aug 12 2013, 11:10 AM
You just pushed me to try taking part in one of these competitions haha, I can make very good improvisations at times, it just kind of diminished, because before I used to be so fluent at improvising that I could instantly make a hit solo and everyone would think that that's a part of the song being played laugh.gif now its sort of more frustrating, I always have trouble making solos up cool.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 12 2013, 09:03 PM
Instructor
There are tons of cool competitions right now biggrin.gif JUST DO IT biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 12 2013, 10:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Aug 12 2013, 08:38 AM) *

mate, that is seriously awesome ohmy.gif that sort of phrasing and atmosphere is really the kind of playing I aspire to be able to do. The mood you created is great.
Just brilliant, Im not surprised it won.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 13 2013, 07:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 12 2013, 09:27 PM) *
mate, that is seriously awesome ohmy.gif that sort of phrasing and atmosphere is really the kind of playing I aspire to be able to do. The mood you created is great.
Just brilliant, Im not surprised it won.

I can see why you like it bleez biggrin.gif It brought my mind to Pink Floyd as well - great playing and feel, Darius!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 13 2013, 08:39 AM
Congrats DG i always believed in your technique and tone!

QUOTE (Headbanger @ Aug 8 2013, 10:03 PM) *
Great competition...Congratulations Degroot...It makes me want to learn shredding!!! laugh.gif ...where does one start?

Start From the F tone on fretboard cool.gif

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Aug 13 2013, 08:41 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 13 2013, 09:18 AM
Instructor
Thank Guys smile.gif Anyway some of those competitions brought new, great friends smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:23 PM