> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

How To... Write A Song..., with multiple instruments
jeanv
Sep 22 2010, 04:22 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Gabriel,

i've been doing some of your lessons, and, even if i know i'm not good enough for that, i would like to know how you do when you write a piece of song. I mean technically...

for example how do you create the drums sounds, the bass etc...

and last thing, quiet often you put mor than one guitar on in your lessons, so how do you manage to choose how to apply the second (the third etc...) guitar above the first one?

la verdad seria muy simpatico de tu parte darme unos consejos sobre tu maneja de escribir partes de canciones porque por el momento solo hago ejercicios tuyos porque me parecen los mejores!

thanks in adance smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/flymosquitofly
Myspace url: MySpace
Amp: Fender GDEC 3 15
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Greg Bennett Avion 1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jeanv
Oct 13 2010, 07:44 PM
sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 13 2010, 10:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jeanv @ Oct 13 2010, 03:44 PM) *
sad.gif

I just read this! I'll be back soon with a good reply regarding this! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
jeanv
Oct 14 2010, 08:42 AM
awesome!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 15 2010, 11:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jeanv @ Sep 22 2010, 12:22 PM) *
Hi Gabriel,

i've been doing some of your lessons, and, even if i know i'm not good enough for that, i would like to know how you do when you write a piece of song. I mean technically...

for example how do you create the drums sounds, the bass etc...

and last thing, quiet often you put mor than one guitar on in your lessons, so how do you manage to choose how to apply the second (the third etc...) guitar above the first one?

la verdad seria muy simpatico de tu parte darme unos consejos sobre tu maneja de escribir partes de canciones porque por el momento solo hago ejercicios tuyos porque me parecen los mejores!

thanks in adance smile.gif

Hi again! I don't have any specific way to compose a song or lesson. When I'm composing songs for my band I usually start jamming with the acoustic and singing some melodies. When I find a cool verse or chorus melody I record it on Nuendo to add other instruments and continue the idea. I don't take too much time on drums and bass arrangements because I try to have the whole structure first. This means that the most important thing for me in a song are the melody, the harmony and finally the rhythm (in this order).
When I'm composing a lesson it's different because I first decide which topic I will cover and then try to create a peace that illustrates it. In this cases I use to start with a riff or a drum loop. I use EZdrummer for drums so I usually start the rhythms doing some variation to any of its loops.
Regarding the guitar arrangements.. there are a lot of tool that you can use to add guitars to a song. If you check my lesson's texts, I always described the function of every guitar (mainly in the newer lessons)... you can combine power chords with clean arpeggios, harmonized guitars (thirds, sixths, octaves), riffs with chords, power chords with octave chords and many other things.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
jeanv
Oct 17 2010, 06:21 PM
many thanks gabriel for giving me a piece of your method to improve mine! A lot of works for me to do in perspective!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 21 2010, 10:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jeanv @ Oct 17 2010, 02:21 PM) *
many thanks gabriel for giving me a piece of your method to improve mine! A lot of works for me to do in perspective!

you're welcome! Hope to hear your music soon! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Aug 24 2011, 01:15 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 21 2010, 10:04 PM) *
you're welcome! Hope to hear your music soon! smile.gif

Hi Gab,

Do you use the same technique for when it comes to lead for your songs?

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10
ENGL Screamer 50 watt Combo

\m/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 24 2011, 03:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Narzsa @ Aug 24 2011, 09:15 AM) *
Hi Gab,

Do you use the same technique for when it comes to lead for your songs?

When I compose a solo I basically combine two method. I start jamming a bit over the backing (sometimes I get the solo that I want in the first two jams) then I select the parts that I like more and delete the other ones. After that I continue jamming and if I don't like what I get I start to sing ideas over it and then I transpose it to the guitar. I always like the things that I sing for a solo but I also like to get more "guitaristic" licks in my solo. I think that my solos are a balance of both things.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:37 PM