Legato / Pinky
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 2 2011, 10:31 AM
GMC Founder
First check out Ben's new lesson, "Ben's Land Of Legato 5" and then post a reply to today's topic.

Do you practice legato with your pinky? What are the downsides with avoiding the pinky?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 2 2011, 10:44 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I do practise it with the pinky, though I sometimes tend to use the ring finger instead of the pinky. Since my pinky doesn't have so much strength (yet), the notes will sometimes sound weak. But avoiding the pinky won't help in developing strength at all...plus you can do wider stretches with the pinky.
Christian

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
loundzilla
Apr 2 2011, 09:39 PM
GMC:er
i don't think this woman needs to do any further practise with her pinky! Shes incredible!

--------------------
When I look in the mirror I see a face-melting guitar shredder.... maybe my mirror tells the future?
Download the GMC Guitar Theory Grimoire Here!

Guitars
Ibanez RGA42 (EMG 81/85 pickups)
Takemine G series electro acoustic

Equipment
Line 6 spider 3 75 amp
Line 6 POD studio UX2

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 3 2011, 09:27 AM
Instructor
Wow ! She is damn good.. to play with such clraity without picking the guitar !! ohmy.gif

She's dressed like she's in a cowboy movie... those Clint Eastwood movies might have been a bit different if she was in them.. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 4 2011, 04:54 PM
Instructor
Probably smaller range, specially on lower frets, although there are techniques that can make-up the pinky.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:13 AM