Help Me With This Chord Please.
Robin
May 27 2007, 03:21 PM
GMC:er
--0-----------------0------------------0--------------------------------------------------
--2-----------------1------------------0---------------------------------------------------
--2-----------------2------------------2------------------------------------------------------
--2-----------------2------------------2----------------------------------------------------------
--0-----------------0------------------0----------------------------------------------------------
major------------minor--------------and what is this? O_o-------------------------------------

Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Robin: May 27 2007, 03:22 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hemlok
May 27 2007, 03:43 PM
e minor, i believe, i might be completely wrong. thats what i know it as laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 27 2007, 03:50 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Robin @ May 27 2007, 10:21 AM) *
--0-----------------0------------------0--------------------------------------------------
--2-----------------1------------------0---------------------------------------------------
--2-----------------2------------------2------------------------------------------------------
--2-----------------2------------------2----------------------------------------------------------
--0-----------------0------------------0----------------------------------------------------------
major------------minor--------------and what is this? O_o-------------------------------------
Thanks.

That's an A sus 2 - interesting because it has no 3rd of any sort, a rarity in the chord world - it will work in a minor or major context, and if you supply a major 3rd elsewhere (e.g. on another instrument, or rythm part) it can act as a polychord to give you an A+9, or with a minor 3rd to give you Amadd9

QUOTE (Hemlok @ May 27 2007, 10:43 AM) *
e minor, i believe, i might be completely wrong. thats what i know it as laugh.gif

Well its open to interpretation as there were only 5 strings there - I assumed the bottom E was missing, making the first 2 chords A and Am ... if it was the top E missing, the first two chords would have been Esus and E, and the last would indeed have been E minor. But that didn't match the way Robin labelled them so I opted for the first interpretation.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Robin
May 27 2007, 03:57 PM
Thank you so very much!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:44 AM