> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Sumit's Chords And Melodies
sumitnxt
Jun 18 2014, 01:41 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
thanks cosmin for all the information and how you explained the solution to my problem.
1. i will include triad workout in every key a part of my daily routine
2. on my own i cannot figure out which scale the tune belongs to. whats the process for that ? ... can you develop an excercise for me in which i would be able to figure out easily what scale a random tune belongs too. I would practice it and would like to get better at it.
3. The fretboard visualization excercise is this -

a ) its a fun excercise.

i start out with low e string . i play the open string and speak out "E" and then i play the first fret and speak out "F" and then third fret and speak out "G" . Also between playing two notes i speak out eight "whole to" or "half to"
And i am using a metronome to maintain consistent timing while playing notes and speaking out.
When i reach the 23rd fret ( last fret on my guitar ) i repeat backwards on the same string.

this is how the low E excercise vocally sounds

E half to F whole to G whole to A whole to B half to C whole to D whole to E half to F whole to G whole to A whole to B half to C whole to D
Then Backwards on same string
D whole to C half to B .......... half to E

Then i move to next string. I think this is also going to associate the sounds of the notes with their names because i speak them out when i play the note. Also i will increase the metronome speed gradually

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 19 2014, 09:56 AM
Instructor
Howdy Sumit! smile.gif I am glad that i could help and that I provided a little glimpse in the amazing world of theory wink.gif To take things one at a time:

- in order to become able to figure out what scale you are in, you should be able to know how to form any major scale available and then its modes. Once you are able to do that, you can easily analyze a piece, see what notes and chords it contains and based on that, you should become able to recognize the key.

That is EXACTLY what I did smile.gif So as an exercise:

- apply the major scale formula - I do believe you encountered it in the theory link I gave you, correct? - from each available key and see what notes form each major scale.
- write down all the notes you are playing in your example - the one you sent me in your previous message and see what notes make up the lines - do they all belong to the B major scale?

The exercise you told me about is EXCELLENT smile.gif I have something similar, which you can use to take things to the next level - that is learning a certain scale or mode using the one string approach, so please check it out here and let me know what you think biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=671081

QUOTE (sumitnxt @ Jun 18 2014, 12:41 PM) *
thanks cosmin for all the information and how you explained the solution to my problem.
1. i will include triad workout in every key a part of my daily routine
2. on my own i cannot figure out which scale the tune belongs to. whats the process for that ? ... can you develop an excercise for me in which i would be able to figure out easily what scale a random tune belongs too. I would practice it and would like to get better at it.
3. The fretboard visualization excercise is this -

a ) its a fun excercise.

i start out with low e string . i play the open string and speak out "E" and then i play the first fret and speak out "F" and then third fret and speak out "G" . Also between playing two notes i speak out eight "whole to" or "half to"
And i am using a metronome to maintain consistent timing while playing notes and speaking out.
When i reach the 23rd fret ( last fret on my guitar ) i repeat backwards on the same string.

this is how the low E excercise vocally sounds

E half to F whole to G whole to A whole to B half to C whole to D whole to E half to F whole to G whole to A whole to B half to C whole to D
Then Backwards on same string
D whole to C half to B .......... half to E

Then i move to next string. I think this is also going to associate the sounds of the notes with their names because i speak them out when i play the note. Also i will increase the metronome speed gradually

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jun 23 2014, 01:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
thanks cosmin , i am working as per your guidance . will give more details in next post.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 24 2014, 07:23 AM
Instructor
Alright Sumit smile.gif I'll be around and I am glad I could help out wink.gif

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:27 AM