13 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Victor's Bootcamp, Fell Deeds Awake! Now for Wrath!! Now for Ruin!!
Todd Simpson
Oct 14 2020, 03:38 AM
GMC:er
Looks like I gave similar feedback when I saw it in the REC take smile.gif I remember this backing from a collab we did. Very fun to solo over!!

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Oct 13 2020, 01:44 PM) *
Yes, this was an older take of mine.
Winter Tune:
Take a look here https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry765711

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 14 2020, 03:52 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Oct 16 2020, 03:46 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 14 2020, 02:38 AM) *
Looks like I gave similar feedback when I saw it in the REC take smile.gif I remember this backing from a collab we did. Very fun to solo over!!

Nice playing it reminds me somehow of Stratovarius.

Regarding Lesson 32, I can't hear the backing track too well, but it seems different that the one provided.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...%9D_-_Lesson_32

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 16 2020, 06:55 PM
It does have a neoclassical vibe to it! Good ear! You are spot on about that track not being the right one. It's the same track we used in previous missions in this series. Here is the link. I'll see about having it fixed on the mission page.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&id=22236

here is the file also.
Attached File  nolead2.mp3 ( 1.42MB ) Number of downloads: 336

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Oct 16 2020, 10:46 AM) *
Nice playing it reminds me somehow of Stratovarius.

Regarding Lesson 32, I can't hear the backing track too well, but it seems different that the one provided.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...%9D_-_Lesson_32

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 16 2020, 06:59 PM

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Oct 18 2020, 04:47 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 16 2020, 05:55 PM) *
It does have a neoclassical vibe to it! Good ear! You are spot on about that track not being the right one. It's the same track we used in previous missions in this series. Here is the link. I'll see about having it fixed on the mission page.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&id=22236

here is the file also.
Attached File  nolead2.mp3 ( 1.42MB ) Number of downloads: 336

The other backing track sounds so cool, will it be used in another lesson?

And regarding the current Backing Track, do you know at what BPM is?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 20 2020, 01:05 AM
You can use either track really smile.gif Both make a handy backing so I'd say keep both and practice soloing over them. The track meant for the lesson should be 115 bpm.

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Oct 18 2020, 11:47 AM) *
The other backing track sounds so cool, will it be used in another lesson?

And regarding the current Backing Track, do you know at what BPM is?

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Oct 21 2020, 04:45 PM
Learning Roadie
What do you think if I use this tone for the next Video?
Is it ok?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lesson_32___Guitar_Only.mp3 ( 597.55K ) Number of downloads: 291
Attached File  Lesson_32___Mix.mp3 ( 597.55K ) Number of downloads: 290

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 22 2020, 02:27 AM
Its a "solo" video so yeah go ahead and use your solo tone! Sounds cool smile.gif For videos where you are playing a solo over a backing, you can make your tone just like you might use in a recording in the studio. For regular missions, I like to keep wah/chorus/delay/reverb to a minimum so I can hear what's going on.

Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Oct 21 2020, 11:45 AM) *
What do you think if I use this tone for the next Video?
Is it ok?

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Oct 26 2020, 07:45 PM
Learning Roadie
Lesson 32 is ready!

- At second 6, I don't really like how I cut that lick and move to the next one
- The lick that start at second 12, I see that my pinky flies, and I can't make the pinky stay near the fretboard.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 26 2020, 09:10 PM
Well Fought Soldier! This is a good example of using licks in a solo context. The end goal of all of this work is to help you become a better lead guitar player and a better musician. Learning these bits takes work. Takes even more work to use them in context. Super congrats on playing lead guitar with a backing and making it work. Just making licks work against a backing is a skill by itself. Some players can play amazing licks, but can't actually play a solo to a backing track. The playing is only half the battle. The rest is about putting it to use. You can take tons of the licks learned in bootcamp and use them in your guitar solo work. You nailed it and..

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward
Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Oct 26 2020, 02:45 PM) *
Lesson 32 is ready!

- At second 6, I don't really like how I cut that lick and move to the next one
- The lick that start at second 12, I see that my pinky flies, and I can't make the pinky stay near the fretboard.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 26 2020, 09:13 PM

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Nov 4 2020, 07:26 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

Lesson 33

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 4 2020, 09:09 PM
Nice Stretch Soldier!!! Being able to play with a big stretch is important. You will find a plethora of licks that are based on using your stretch. let's debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

MUTE AND MORE MUTE
You continue to impress with your solid planted palm on the bridge! This is something that is very tough to get used to. Nice!

SYNCH MUTE Both of these require the dreaded "Synch Mute", e.g. hand synch while doing a palm mute. You'll find that many Missions require this skill and you have got it!

TRAVERSING NOT TRAVESTY
This one is non stop string traverse so if your traverse is bad, the lick falls apart. You have a nice smooth traverse. keep it up!!

This is a tricky one Soldier. Every single string and an open string lick. Licks like this are why it's important to have a good left hand mute. Score!!

You just...

LEVELED UP!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

You are ready for the trials ahead!!
Onward!
Sarge

[NIce

quote name='Victor Simion' date='Nov 4 2020, 02:26 PM' post='781531']
Hi,

Lesson 33

[/quote]

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Nov 12 2020, 07:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

Another Stretching workout!

Because in the first one there is a part that doesn't sound so clean I did another video, that I hope is better.

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Nov 12 2020, 07:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 15 2020, 08:28 AM
Your stretch is looking good soldier!! The only issue is that your playing has a pinch of rush and lag. Try to put the metronome back in to play here and see if you can get the playing to be even and consistent whether going up or going down the strings. Some folks find going up easier and so going up gets a rush, some folks find going down easier so that gets a rush. The goal of this mission is to play both ascending and descending at the same pace to show control and consistency. You've got the hand movement. Just the timing needs to be sorted and your there!

Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Nov 12 2020, 02:41 PM) *
Hi,

Another Stretching workout!

Because in the first one there is a part that doesn't sound so clean I did another video, that I hope is better.

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Nov 15 2020, 08:57 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 15 2020, 07:28 AM) *
Your stretch is looking good soldier!! The only issue is that your playing has a pinch of rush and lag. Try to put the metronome back in to play here and see if you can get the playing to be even and consistent whether going up or going down the strings. Some folks find going up easier and so going up gets a rush, some folks find going down easier so that gets a rush. The goal of this mission is to play both ascending and descending at the same pace to show control and consistency. You've got the hand movement. Just the timing needs to be sorted and your there!

Sarge

Do you think it's ok if I practice using Guitar Pro and Guitar Pro plays the same notes as I play?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 16 2020, 02:51 AM
Sure wink.gif Guitar Pro is great. I'd say for your next video, just focus on playing a single note without using too much thumb articulation. I don't want to teach you to pick like me, I just want to teach you
to pick better. To strike in a way that can grow with your. Your current technique is going
to limit your ability to make progress. So I'd say forget the left hand for now. It's not what
needs the attention. At least in bootcamp.

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Nov 15 2020, 03:57 AM) *
Do you think it's ok if I practice using Guitar Pro and Guitar Pro plays the same notes as I play?

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Nov 16 2020, 10:42 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 16 2020, 01:51 AM) *
Sure wink.gif Guitar Pro is great. I'd say for your next video, just focus on playing a single note without using too much thumb articulation. I don't want to teach you to pick like me, I just want to teach you
to pick better. To strike in a way that can grow with your. Your current technique is going
to limit your ability to make progress. So I'd say forget the left hand for now. It's not what
needs the attention. At least in bootcamp.

I am not sure what you mean by saying I should "focus on playing a single note without using too much thumb articulation"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 17 2020, 09:49 PM
Just pick one note. Play it using alternate picking. Bend your thumb at the joint.
Try not to use only the thumb to move the pick. Try to use part of the hand and a bit
less of the thumb. Your using a bit too much thumb which is the source of the issue.
make sense?

I want you to focus on the basics. Forget about moving the left hand. Just play one note.
Play it over and over using alternate picking. Trying to work through the issue with
your picking so you can move forward smile.gif Just a short video will do for this. We need
to focus on on your basic picking technique to improve it so that you can get past
your speed barrier created by over artculating with your thumb. Don't let your thumb extend and stick out straight. Keep it bent.

\-=\=';/ thumb
straighten out as you often do. Try to minimize how much you are using the l
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Nov 16 2020, 05:42 AM) *
I am not sure what you mean by saying I should "focus on playing a single note without using too much thumb articulation"

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 17 2020, 09:54 PM

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Nov 17 2020, 11:58 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 17 2020, 08:49 PM) *
Just pick one note. Play it using alternate picking. Bend your thumb at the joint.
Try not to use only the thumb to move the pick. Try to use part of the hand and a bit
less of the thumb. Your using a bit too much thumb which is the source of the issue.
make sense?

I want you to focus on the basics. Forget about moving the left hand. Just play one note.
Play it over and over using alternate picking. Trying to work through the issue with
your picking so you can move forward smile.gif Just a short video will do for this. We need
to focus on on your basic picking technique to improve it so that you can get past
your speed barrier created by over artculating with your thumb. Don't let your thumb extend and stick out straight. Keep it bent.

\-=\=';/ thumb
straighten out as you often do. Try to minimize how much you are using the l

So you mean that I should use less force on my thumb and more of my hand?
Should I keep my thumb straight or bent?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 18 2020, 05:04 AM
keep your thumb bent.

1.)Fret one note with your left hand.
2.)Strike that note over and over using your guitar pick.
3.)use alternate picking.
4.)Record a video.
5.)Post it here.

I just want to try to isolate your picking so we can improve upon it before we get in to the really crazy Mission bits.
Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Nov 17 2020, 06:58 PM) *
So you mean that I should use less force on my thumb and more of my hand?
Should I keep my thumb straight or bent?

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 18 2020, 05:48 AM

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Nov 18 2020, 04:51 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 18 2020, 04:04 AM) *
keep your thumb bent.

1.)Fret one note with your left hand.
2.)Strike that note over and over using your guitar pick.
3.)use alternate picking.
4.)Record a video.
5.)Post it here.

I just want to try to isolate your picking so we can improve upon it before we get in to the really crazy Mission bits.
Sarge

Picking Test Video

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:49 PM