Harmonics
MattE
Jan 31 2008, 10:37 PM
GMC:er
Hello Marcus!

A little off topic for a moment, I listened to the full version of Winding Roads. Simply amazing!

But on to the matter at hand smile.gif

Pinch Harmonics are officially kicking my butt! I'm not really sure how to approach them, I've tried almost every suggested picking style to tackle these kinds of harmonics, but nothing seems to work!

I hold the pick as close to the tip as I can while still being able to do alternate picking

I'm just lost, any suggestions? smile.gif

Natural Harmonics I understand, it's the pinch (or artificial I think is another name) harmonics I dont get

Thanks!
-Matt

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jan 31 2008, 11:30 PM
Instructor
Hi Matt, and thanks for your comment about Winding Roads! smile.gif

Hm... difficult to say what's wrong when I can't see/hear you. But the problem might be that you pick the string at the wrong place? so even if your technique is good, you won't be able to make those harmonics simple because you're not picking the string at the right place.

Pavel has an excellent lesson about this, and if I remember correctly he explains very detailed where the right places are. Artificial and Natural Harmonics

Hope this helps! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by lavendell: Jan 31 2008, 11:48 PM

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:31 AM