My Next Step
Mumlex
Dec 24 2009, 02:22 AM
GMC:er
Hey Guys

I'm new here, and i hope you can help on where to start. I have been playing on and off for a couple of years, but want to get better and more serious with my playing. I've been playing mostly for myself, a little with a friend of mine. Playing mostly acoustic songs, but i want get to another level with my playing. I have an electric that i want to use more, but i don't want to put my acoustic one totally away. I've been playing songs from Oasis, John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon, Sublime, Nirvana, Counting Crows and so on. I almost never use a pick, feels uncomfortable but I'm working on it. Self thought on everything I've learnt btw.

What i have done lately:
- Started to play basic exercises with a metronome, didn't know they existed until i joined this site ohmy.gif
- Started with Basic Alternative picking.

Would like to learn how to improvise more, and increase my technical ability at least. Learn to play solos, as i am mostly a rhythm guitar player so far. I have challenged myself to little lately, which has hindered my development.

So i guess i wanted to ask people with more experience and skill what to do next? I have learnt everything myself, so input might be more needed then i realize myself. What is the next step for me as an guitar player?

If there are any other questions you need so know to assess what the next step for me is, just ask smile.gif

Look forward to hearing from you!

Mumlex

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:59 PM