Torchlight, Cheap RPG game
Keilnoth
Nov 29 2009, 10:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Try the demo ! I've been playing to the demo for hours now. Can't believe that. It's longer than Modern Warfare and it's a demo ! smile.gif

It costs 16€, you can buy and download it from Steam. If you like RPG/Diablo like games. It's a good one.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 29 2009, 11:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
I am going to try it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Nov 30 2009, 08:46 AM
GMC:er
Yeah, great game. I'm level 47 now.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Nov 30 2009, 02:01 PM
Been playing this on and off a couple weeks. It's fun and maybe a little too easy, but definitely a lot of fun. I really like the shared stash for those of us that like to collect .... everything.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
twist
Dec 7 2009, 09:53 PM
Yeah Torchlight is a great game! I dont have much spare money at the moment, but i will surely buy it in the next weeks. Best thing: Multiplayer will come in the future. This is better than the old Diablo games... wink.gif

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Dec 7 2009, 10:03 PM
I can't quite call it better than diablo II yet because I really enjoyed there being more than one town center in that game. I also don't understand the fascination with fishing; I didn't care for it in WoW and I don't care to do it in this game either.

Everything else is better than the diablo series (same designer(s?)) but I definitely felt like I didn't actually GO anywhere since we were always returning to that same town. Furthered by the fact that everything else takes place "under the town" it feels a little odd to have so many other dungeon types down there.

Don't forget to check out some of the mods available at http://www.torchlightgame.com/

--------------------

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Dec 8 2009, 10:38 AM
I share your feeling about that fascination for fishing. I really don't understand the developers who are including that in their game. It's probably because it's easy to put in place and to code. Don't know. smile.gif

But well, it's WoW childish crap. I hate this game because it turned the MMORPG style into n00b and carebear games for very lambda users. Yeah, I know I am prejudiced against WoW players. tongue.gif

--------------------

My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Dec 8 2009, 02:41 PM
QUOTE (Keilnoth @ Dec 8 2009, 03:38 AM) *
But well, it's WoW childish crap. I hate this game because it turned the MMORPG style into n00b and carebear games for very lambda users. Yeah, I know I am prejudiced against WoW players. tongue.gif

The state of that game (WoW) when I quit was pretty interesting. They hadn't made everything easy, only the middle/easy stuff was made easier. The middle/hard stuff was made a bit harder. So it became a choice between boredom or frustration. Most of the "hard mode" items were pushed to be just a little bit too punishing on a group. This guaranteed that for every ~12 players there would be at least one that just couldn't keep from standing in some fire that they were too latent or too preoccupied to notice.

Meanwhile, everything that was already too easy? Those things were made INSANELY easy and totally boring. They really messed up the difficulty curve causing total polarization. My opinion, anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Dec 10 2009, 11:25 AM
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Nov 30 2009, 02:01 PM) *
Been playing this on and off a couple weeks. It's fun and maybe a little too easy...

Yesterday I bought the game and started it from the beginning as I lost my saved game when my computer crashed. But I selected the Hard mode and I must say it's not easy anymore and really interesting. I have to optimize my stuff and I even died when trying to kill the first boss. smile.gif

The drop rate of magical item is that high anymore. I still have a lot of money from loot but I have to spend it buying better stuff because otherwise I just die quickly.

I am playing the alchimist/mage.

Perhaps you should change the level if it's too easy for you. I think it really improves the gaming experience. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
twist
Dec 21 2009, 08:29 PM
If you like it and havent bought it yet, now is the perfect time! Its 50% off on Steam right now, i just paid 7,99 Euro!

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Dec 21 2009, 09:03 PM
Hahhahaha I got it b4 seeing this thread... 50% off too... hehe it's fun rofl... kinda reminds me of Diablo II with Diablo I style descend the massive tower haha

--------------------

+Quote Post
twist
Dec 27 2009, 11:01 AM
To all who didnt buy it by now: Its 75% off now! 3.99 Euro! This offer is available at the steam store for the next 7 hours smile.gif I would recommend to buy it smile.gif

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:07 AM