3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Muris's Free Colab No 2!, Sign Up!
Rated Htr
Feb 3 2009, 01:01 AM
Experienced Rock Star
I guess I can try it out smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Feb 3 2009, 01:06 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Feb 2 2009, 06:01 PM) *
I guess I can try it out smile.gif

if not full, I will do one.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 3 2009, 01:10 AM
Get to da Chopper!
Myself aswell please if we're not already full!

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Feb 3 2009, 01:28 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Feb 2 2009, 06:30 PM) *
Dan,
You just did a lesson on scales. Pick a box in the key your are working on for the backing track and start coming up with some licks. They don't need to be flashy or anything. The point here is to get your mind thinking about how to follow a chord progression, how to come up with licks. You can do it man. Remember my children analogy? laugh.gif laugh.gif JUST DO IT!! SIGN HIM UP MURIS!! biggrin.gif

Fair enough man.. I can try it. Although I am on baby watch this week so if you decide not to take me Muris it will be understood..

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 3 2009, 01:42 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Feb 3 2009, 01:28 AM) *
Fair enough man.. I can try it. Although I am on baby watch this week so if you decide not to take me Muris it will be understood..

COOL DAN!! biggrin.gif Congrats on the boy as well, AWESOME!!

+Quote Post
JamesT
Feb 3 2009, 07:15 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
I'm in for this. ... if it's not already too late!

Jim.

This post has been edited by JamesT: Feb 3 2009, 07:16 AM

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 3 2009, 08:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Feb 3 2009, 07:15 AM) *
I'm in for this. ... if it's not already too late!

Jim.

You're in James and we have a list.
Now let me open upload thread and start rocking. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Feb 4 2009, 09:39 AM
Muris... I have never played modal stuff, so I have no idea how to approach this. Can you maybe give me a little help on this one?

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 4 2009, 12:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Feb 4 2009, 09:39 AM) *
Muris... I have never played modal stuff, so I have no idea how to approach this. Can you maybe give me a little help on this one?

Be sure to check out all 3 lessons from Lydian Phrasing Serial
and let me know if you need more assistance. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 4 2009, 12:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
Don't know if you read this on the chat, but it's perfectly fine that you took me off the list! smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Feb 4 2009, 02:28 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Feb 4 2009, 03:39 AM) *

My thoughts exactly. I sat with this last night for 2 hours last night and came up with something but not pleased with it.

Maybe im in over my head here... huh.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
jer
Feb 4 2009, 05:11 PM
dude, you are on to something.

Trust me.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
coloneldrew
Feb 4 2009, 09:23 PM
Add me in, what's the deadline?

+Quote Post
JamesT
Feb 4 2009, 09:32 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
This is going to be a tricky one for sure since there's a lot going with the backing track and Muris's lessons based on this are stellar examples ... a tough act to follow.

I've memorized the Muris's three Lydian mode lessons, but honestly, there's no way I can play the intermediate or advanced at full tempo. I use them in my daily practice routine though, cause they contain great AP licks which is something I hope to get good at someday.

So my approach to this, and what I'd recommend to someone else who is new to modes, is going to be to first gain full knowledge of where the notes are for the two Lydian scales that are present in the lesson, then come up with a melodic solo using these notes/scales. I'm going to try to use fewer notes and to focus on melody since I really don't have the chops to play 32nd note AP runs at this tempo. Try the intermediate lesson and you'll know what I mean. I can play it really well now at half tempo, but that won't cut it for this collab. So I'm going to have to use fewer notes. Muris's beginner lesson is an awesome example of making fewer notes into a rocking solo and it sets a pretty high bar for sure.

Last night I jammed over this backing track for about a half hour and it made me see just how much of a challenge it is to come up with something cool that's focused on melody instead of technical achievement. You have to change your way of thinking about a solo instead of just finding the right key and letting it rip. (which is a blast but usually only works on a simpler backing track and for me at least, always ends up sounding the same). So this collab, my take will be about using fewer notes and still attempting to make it agressive sounding and interesting to listen to. smile.gif

Jim.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 4 2009, 10:18 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (JamesT @ Feb 4 2009, 09:32 PM) *
This is going to be a tricky one for sure since there's a lot going with the backing track and Muris's lessons based on this are stellar examples ... a tough act to follow.

I've memorized the Muris's three Lydian mode lessons, but honestly, there's no way I can play the intermediate or advanced at full tempo. I use them in my daily practice routine though, cause they contain great AP licks which is something I hope to get good at someday.

So my approach to this, and what I'd recommend to someone else who is new to modes, is going to be to first gain full knowledge of where the notes are for the two Lydian scales that are present in the lesson, then come up with a melodic solo using these notes/scales. I'm going to try to use fewer notes and to focus on melody since I really don't have the chops to play 32nd note AP runs at this tempo. Try the intermediate lesson and you'll know what I mean. I can play it really well now at half tempo, but that won't cut it for this collab. So I'm going to have to use fewer notes. Muris's beginner lesson is an awesome example of making fewer notes into a rocking solo and it sets a pretty high bar for sure.

Last night I jammed over this backing track for about a half hour and it made me see just how much of a challenge it is to come up with something cool that's focused on melody instead of technical achievement. You have to change your way of thinking about a solo instead of just finding the right key and letting it rip. (which is a blast but usually only works on a simpler backing track and for me at least, always ends up sounding the same). So this collab, my take will be about using fewer notes and still attempting to make it agressive sounding and interesting to listen to. smile.gif

Jim.

Well said Jim!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 5 2009, 03:03 AM
Instructor
You don't have to play lessons Jim, just Lydian scales, E and Bb! smile.gif

QUOTE (coloneldrew @ Feb 4 2009, 09:23 PM) *
Add me in, what's the deadline?

Sorry, it's closed now,
watch out for upcoming collabs tho! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
JamesT
Feb 5 2009, 04:03 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Hey Monte:
How come you're not in this one? ... oh now I remember that you're in the first one.
Looking forward to hearing your awesome take! cool.gif

No worries Muris. My take is going to be as original as I can make it. wink.gif

Jim.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Feb 5 2009, 06:14 AM
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Feb 4 2009, 02:28 PM) *
My thoughts exactly. I sat with this last night for 2 hours last night and came up with something but not pleased with it.

Maybe im in over my head here... huh.gif

Yeah i came up with something also, but i just cant get it up to the speed i want to play it... Hopefully ill have it up to speed by the cutoff date... I have some long stretches in here that have made my forearm sore today

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zynex
Feb 5 2009, 09:59 AM
Im almost done writing the solo biggrin.gif. There are some speedy parts I still need to get more control over... but other than that I think I have something here haha. The only thing im worried about is that the solo might not come out the way I want cause of my poor recording gear sad.gif. But we will see. I wil post my take very soon smile.gif.

This post has been edited by Zynex: Feb 5 2009, 10:00 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Feb 6 2009, 04:22 PM
Ok so I just read I missed the first, but now I see I missed the 2nd as well? sad.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:28 PM