Small But Crucial Sweep Picking Tip
Ben Higgins
Oct 16 2016, 12:07 PM
Instructor
Hi guys. Many people have shown that they can get the hang of the sweeping motion when doing it at moderate to higher tempos but when they slow it right down to learning speed they suddenly lose the flow. I was teaching the other day and I learned this valuable piece of info through observing the student. So, I made this vid here to tackle this issue when practising slow sweep arpeggios. We also see this issue a lot in REC so feel free to share the vid whenever you need to explain the difference between sweeping and performing separate stroke smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 18 2016, 05:10 PM
Instructor
It's great every time a competent player points out details that may not be so visible, but a re critical to make things work like they should. Same as you a believe that's one of most common problems withing beginners - that a sweep is not actually a sweep as long as they handle "pick jumping" at particular speed

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:35 PM