7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Your Backing & Our Mix Ii - Collab, It's time for a new collab!!
Phil66
Jan 13 2021, 09:35 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Okay, here is something for part two. As usual, every time you listen you always think, "Hmmmmm I could change that bit, I could change this bit" but in the end, you just have to put something down. No improv is perfect unless you spend more time than we have here wink.gif

I think this is one of my favourite solos of mine. I don't know why, and it's not like me at all but I do like it a lot except my vibrato goes to pieces when I record video laugh.gif smile.gif

Oh and I've re-discovered P90 pickups biggrin.gif

https://youtu.be/mzckv20L7Os

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 17 2021, 09:45 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 13 2021, 10:32 PM
GMC:er
Very spiff les paul and some great takes from you on this one to be sure. Also love the acoustic bits! This is gonna be great!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 13 2021, 04:35 PM) *
Okay, here is something for part two. As usual, every time you listen you always think, "Hmmmmm I could change that bit, I could change this bit" but in the end, you just have to put something down. No improv is perfect unless you spend more time than we have here wink.gif

I think this is one of my favourite solos of mine. I don't know why, and it's not like me at all but I do like it a lot except my vibrato goes to pieces when I record video laugh.gif smile.gif

All files here including the TH-U patch. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap09zsLCowi5jOI7nau...p-G9aA?e=UuGNNq

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 13 2021, 10:49 PM
Thanks Todd,

It's an Epi '56 Gold Top with P90s wink.gif haven't used it in a long time. Lovely guitar and much better than newer Epiphones.

Cheers

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 13 2021, 09:32 PM) *
Very spiff les paul and some great takes from you on this one to be sure. Also love the acoustic bits! This is gonna be great!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 17 2021, 09:40 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 17 2021, 12:08 AM
I'll be posting something for part four tomorrow. I couldn't come up with anything for part three, maybe use my part two take but add a bit of crunch. I can do that if got want me to wink.gif

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 17 2021, 09:40 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 17 2021, 12:40 AM
Nice!!!! Looks great and sounds great.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 13 2021, 05:49 PM) *
Thanks Todd,

It's an Epi '56 Gold Top with P90s wink.gif haven't used it in a long time. Lovely guitar and much better than newer Epi phones.

Cheers

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 17 2021, 06:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 13 2021, 05:35 PM) *

All files here including the TH-U patch. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap09zsLCowi5jOI7nau...p-G9aA?e=UuGNNq

That's a beautiful solo Phil!! Congrats! I love the notes that you chose and your guitar tone. That guitar is fantastic.

Thanks a lot mate!!

Ok guys! I'll start mixing this one soon. Are there any more takes coming?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 17 2021, 09:06 PM
Learning Tone Master
i will be gettin my files to yo soon, I had to get those rec takes off my mind

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 17 2021, 09:40 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 17 2021, 05:21 PM) *
That's a beautiful solo Phil!! Congrats! I love the notes that you chose and your guitar tone. That guitar is fantastic.

Thanks a lot mate!!

Thank you for your kind comments Gab, it means a lot as I know you don't give false praise smile.gif . As I said, it's probably my favourite solo ever, I can't put my finger on why, I just like it.

Here is a take for Part 4, hopefully you can use it. I ended slightly early sad.gif

https://youtu.be/PQpOY-aOrnc

ALL files here >> https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap09zsLCowi5jOI7Hv1...b55WfA?e=apSmzL

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 17 2021, 11:07 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 18 2021, 01:55 AM
Great stuff Phil! Almost reminds me of a Bootcamp tapping lick!!! Also, I LOVE your Ibby. I want one just like it with the original pickups. Bone stock. NIce.

[
quote name='Phil66' date='Jan 17 2021, 04:40 PM' post='783907']
Thank you for your kind comments Gab, it means a lot as I know you don't give false praise smile.gif . As I said, it's probably my favourite solo ever, I can't put my finger on why, I just like it.

Here is a take for Part 4, hopefully you can use it. I ended slightly early sad.gif

[/quote]

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 18 2021, 03:04 AM
Learning Tone Master

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Jan 18 2021, 03:13 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  your_backing_our_mix_collab_solo_guitar_ending_.mp3 ( 1.42MB ) Number of downloads: 59
Attached File  your_backing_our_mix_collab_solo_guitar.mp3 ( 1.42MB ) Number of downloads: 62

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 18 2021, 02:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 17 2021, 05:40 PM) *

Cool tapping! I can get some Kirk Hammett vibes here! smile.gif

Thanks for providing all this cool stuff Phil!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 18 2021, 02:23 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 18 2021, 01:14 PM) *
Cool tapping! I can get some Kirk Hammett vibes here! smile.gif

Thanks for providing all this cool stuff Phil!

Thanks Gab,

It's been fun cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 18 2021, 02:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 17 2021, 11:04 PM) *

Great stuff mate! Thanks for the vid!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 22 2021, 08:46 AM
GMC Founder
Amazing contributions 👌👌👌 can't wait to hear the end result!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2021, 03:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 22 2021, 04:46 AM) *
Amazing contributions 👌👌👌 can't wait to hear the end result!!

Working on it! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 23 2021, 05:40 PM
Instructor
Ok guys!! I've been working hard the last days to find the best structure for this one. We have lots of amazing solos and Kris' singing is killer as well.

This is what I've done! I'll continue polishing the mix the following days, and start editing the video.

On a side note, I'm loving this song!!!

Attached File  Your_Backing_II___MIX_1.mp3 ( 7.15MB ) Number of downloads: 106

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 23 2021, 06:24 PM
That's brilliant Gab thank you cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 23 2021, 06:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 23 2021, 02:24 PM) *
That's brilliant Gab thank you cool.gif

I love the ending effect that is created by your acoustic guitar playing the same intro thing but over a long root note. It gives a lovely tension feel. Thanks for all your takes!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 23 2021, 07:28 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 23 2021, 05:31 PM) *
I love the ending effect that is created by your acoustic guitar playing the same intro thing but over a long root note. It gives a lovely tension feel. Thanks for all your takes!!

Glad you were able to work with them buddy smile.gif

Could you explain a little bit more about what you said please? I had no thought of creating tension, I just played stuff so it's interesting to get comments like that. smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 23 2021, 08:04 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very nice mix man. you rock

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:44 PM