Bloc Party, Gig tonight in Paradiso Amsterdam
Zynex
Feb 18 2009, 01:02 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys!

Anyone here who is familiar with the Indie rockband Bloc Party?
Im off to see them tonight in Paradiso amsterdam! Im looking foreward to it smile.gif.

For those who don't know them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R6S5CJWlco
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWH3WAe6a_0...feature=channel

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 18 2009, 01:10 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Yep tongue.gif I uploaded the intro riff from helicopter.. ah, HERE

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
timono
Feb 18 2009, 01:36 PM
yea, I really like them

I play the song banquet with my band, and one of the band members will go to the concert also... i'm jealous at you guys tongue.gif

have fun!!

timon

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Amps: Marshall MG 50DFX, Evans sound creator (50 watt), Orange crush 10

Effect pedals: Korg AX1500G

record stuff: Line 6 toneport UX1

Piano: Yamaha P-85

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Zynex
Feb 18 2009, 02:01 PM
@Kaznie
Sounds good man!

@Timono
Thanks mate smile.gif. I want to do a cover of Bloc Party with my band too, but the drummer and singer don't like them sad.gif.

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 18 2009, 02:07 PM
They are rubbish to me but enjoy the gig anyway. Only a few true indie bands that i need and they are the pixies, pavement and sonic youth. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 18 2009, 03:01 PM
Instructor
Never heard of them, this is a cool energetic band!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Feb 18 2009, 10:21 PM
Great badn wth their own style of indie! nice lyrics. Loved their first cd! Great energetic drummer too. Was gonna see them in sweden but sadly they'll play the same nigth as Burst and The Ocean... sad.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 18 2009, 11:40 PM
Instructor
Have fun at the gig Donny smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zynex
Feb 19 2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks guys! I had a great time last night! It was crazy! The band played very well, the sound was good. The audiance was energetic. At one moment I lifted up one of my friends above my head, and she started crowdsurfing tongue.gif. Eventually she went all the way over the security fence in front! She had to get out of there very quickly before security would remove her haha. Also I was kissed by some random girl I did not know... that was weird hahah. All in all it was a great night! The only thing that sucked was the trip home.. We had to go by train and bus from Amsterdam to Rotterdam. That was pretty long. Esspecially when you just drained all your energy in the gig haha smile.gif.

This post has been edited by Zynex: Feb 19 2009, 12:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 20 2009, 05:05 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Zynex @ Feb 19 2009, 12:12 PM) *
Thanks guys! I had a great time last night! It was crazy! The band played very well, the sound was good. The audiance was energetic. At one moment I lifted up one of my friends above my head, and she started crowdsurfing tongue.gif. Eventually she went all the way over the security fence in front! She had to get out of there very quickly before security would remove her haha. Also I was kissed by some random girl I did not know... that was weird hahah. All in all it was a great night! The only thing that sucked was the trip home.. We had to go by train and bus from Amsterdam to Rotterdam. That was pretty long. Esspecially when you just drained all your energy in the gig haha smile.gif.

Sounds like you had fun xD

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:45 PM