2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Sold Out! Of Rg565 Genesis
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 4 2021, 04:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
I pre-ordered one and got the expected delivery date of... 31st of May. Ugh! Long wait now smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 4 2021, 06:11 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 4 2021, 03:13 PM) *
I pre-ordered one and got the expected delivery date of... 31st of May. Ugh! Long wait now smile.gif

laugh.gif Super congrats!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 4 2021, 06:57 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 4 2021, 03:13 PM) *

Congratulations buddy cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 4 2021, 07:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks, guys, let's hope it's worth the wait smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 4 2021, 08:44 PM
I'm sure it will be, what colour did you go for?

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 4 2021, 09:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 4 2021, 09:44 PM) *
I'm sure it will be, what colour did you go for?

Emerald Green smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 4 2021, 10:52 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 4 2021, 08:30 PM) *
Emerald Green smile.gif

That's the one I'd have, sweet cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 5 2021, 12:38 AM
Mega Congrats dude!! Did they let you put a down payment or did they want it paid in full up front?

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 4 2021, 02:05 PM) *
Thanks, guys, let's hope it's worth the wait smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 5 2021, 12:41 AM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 5 2021, 01:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 5 2021, 01:38 AM) *
Mega Congrats dude!! Did they let you put a down payment or did they want it paid in full up front?

I don't have to pay till it is being shipped (31st of May). So I have almost half a year to save up. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 5 2021, 07:44 PM
Thats great! Sadly they won't ship one to me here in the states. I went to the site and tried it smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 5 2021, 08:32 AM) *
I don't have to pay till it is being shipped (31st of May). So I have almost half a year to save up. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 6 2021, 12:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 5 2021, 08:44 PM) *
Thats great! Sadly they won't ship one to me here in the states. I went to the site and tried it smile.gif

That's a shame.

If you were to change the pickups from the original ones in the RG565 Genesis to something else, what would you go for? I hear the original pick ups are okay, but not the best. I have considered my usual combination of Tone-Zone and Air Norton. But maybe it's time to try something new.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 6 2021, 01:28 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 6 2021, 11:58 AM) *

The indo version at the time came with a deactivator bridge which I really liked. Extremely good for powercohords, on cleans quite versatile and balanced. Think EMG but all the good of a passive-pickup which was the goal in its design. If strictly lead is in mind, tonezone would be a safe choice but you have lots of options like vai or petrucci models.

The neck was an air-norton s. Bit more open than the humbucker version but still has a smooth high-end.

I'd probably prioritize the bridge and after installing one then try to find a matching neck.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jan 6 2021, 01:29 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 7 2021, 12:12 AM
They are using the original design of the old pickup in the bridge. It was never a high end pup though. It was their in house brand before the in house brand became the INFINITY series. I simply hate the infinity series to be honest. I like the old V series though smile.gif Most folks will probably swap the pups. The Tone/Norton is a tried and true Ibby combo and yields predictable results. Your amp/plugin presets should work great with that combo as it's the same as in your blue ibby. However, it might be fun to try out something new as you say. There are so many good options these days. Of course, the "Trendy" pickup is currently the Fishman Fluence Modern. Not to long ago the trendy pups were all Bareknuckle. Before that, it was briefly Lundgren during the 8 string crazy a while back. Any thoughts on what you might put in? Give it a try as stock of course, you may like it.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 6 2021, 07:58 AM) *
That's a shame.

If you were to change the pickups from the original ones in the RG565 Genesis to something else, what would you go for? I hear the original pick ups are okay, but not the best. I have considered my usual combination of Tone-Zone and Air Norton. But maybe it's time to try something new.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:17 PM