> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Emirb - Don't Cry Solo, Don't cry solo - Zsolt Galambos
GRADE
Don't cry solo - Zsolt Galambos
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
10 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
Total Votes: 3

emirb
Oct 19 2010, 10:56 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Hi! My take on Don't cry solo lesson by Zsolt Galambos. Gear used: deluxe telecaster, Sansamp GT2 British setting (medium drive) center mic, Fraverb reverb, Rebote 2.5 delay, Condor cab sim. Used midi file as backing + I recorded rhythm guitar that simply follows the bass to get something that doesn't sound so midi-ish smile.gif
Original lesson:

Don't cry solo - Zsolt Galambos

my take:

Cheers!

Emir B.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Oct 27 2010, 02:01 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mate Nagy
Oct 20 2010, 10:25 AM
GMC:er
Your tele is nice sounding ! smile.gif

You not always play exactly the same notes as Zsolt, but I never consider this a problem if the result is good.
In this case it is. smile.gif

My advice to you is to choose some more challenging lessons to cover in order for your development.

I think You are doing good job with your videos so far.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Oct 20 2010, 04:24 PM
Instructor
great playing man!!! and what a nice solo smile.gif
keep your takes coming!

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Oct 23 2010, 11:33 AM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Hi Emirb!

This is a wonderful and soulful take. Your sound is amazing, and your phrasing is also great. However, in my oppinion, when you want to cover an original solo, you just have to play it note for note, otherwise everyone will notice the differences, and a lot of the time assume that you didn't work hard enough to have it down exactly as it is.

Cheers

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 24 2010, 08:49 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
9.6!! cool.gif

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:47 AM