Parker Pm20
lcsdds
Apr 6 2010, 03:20 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Anybody know anything about these guitars. I saw one in Guitar Center today for like $450.....It played really nice and I am really interested in a LP style guitar right now. I have no idea why though....... laugh.gif laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Praetorian
Apr 6 2010, 03:39 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 5 2010, 10:20 PM) *
Anybody know anything about these guitars. I saw one in Guitar Center today for like $450.....It played really nice and I am really interested in a LP style guitar right now. I have no idea why though....... laugh.gif laugh.gif

The only thing I know about Parker guitars is that they are awful to look at. Maybe you could play with your eyes closed like Johnny Winter!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Apr 6 2010, 03:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Apr 5 2010, 09:39 PM) *
The only thing I know about Parker guitars is that they are awful to look at. Maybe you could play with your eyes closed like Johnny Winter!

hahahahahahahahaha omg, they are not awful, they are just different smile.gif
for me it's like buying a 69 mustang or a 2010 impreza, theyre both awesome, but i just love the classic look smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Apr 6 2010, 04:13 AM
Learning Rock Star
I am not a fan of there look but I think that they throw some awesome sound ... I have never tried one

--------------------

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Apr 6 2010, 05:24 AM
GMC:er
I have a pm20 pro right here. It's gorgeous and it sounds better than anything I've ever played in 22 years. The new ones have the "non parker" headstock which may cause the foolish to think the look was improved but nothing could be farther from the truth.

Attached Image

Plays like a dream, and the coil tapping actually works properly. They don't sound like "half a humbucker" at all.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Bondy
Apr 6 2010, 11:49 AM
Learning Roadie
I was looking at a left handed version of this guitar on Ebay they seem to be on offer at the moment due to being discontinued I think? they do retail at nearly a $1000 so $450 seems like a bargain, they also have some good reviews. smile.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
stratman79
Apr 6 2010, 01:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
interesting looking guitar.

i dont know anything about that series, my brother has a night fly and say what you want it plays amazing.

lots of these 'new' guitars maybe advertised by saying they've improved this or that but IMO Parker are the only company that have really pushed it forward and it shows, otherwise you might as well play a Fender or a Gibson....

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 6 2010, 04:20 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Apr 6 2010, 05:24 AM) *
I have a pm20 pro right here. It's gorgeous and it sounds better than anything I've ever played in 22 years. The new ones have the "non parker" headstock which may cause the foolish to think the look was improved but nothing could be farther from the truth.

Attached Image

Plays like a dream, and the coil tapping actually works properly. They don't sound like "half a humbucker" at all.

I played it unamplified yesterday and I was surprised at how good it felt. I might just have to pick this bad boy up. Problem is that I need another guitar like I need a hole in my head........ tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I really is a disease......this guitar thing....... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Apr 6 2010, 04:22 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 6 2010, 10:20 AM) *
Problem is that I need another guitar like I need a hole in my head........ tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I really is a disease......this guitar thing....... tongue.gif

I think NoSkill might be starting a support group. If he isn't, he should. Ask him privately why this is so smile.gif

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
sted
Apr 6 2010, 09:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
Parkers ugly??? Check this slice of win pie!!

Attached Image

Do want.... blink.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Apr 6 2010, 09:57 PM
ohmy.gif

me want me want!

QUOTE (sted @ Apr 6 2010, 01:14 PM) *

Attached Image

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Apr 6 2010, 10:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Cool guitar.

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 6 2010, 10:24 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (sted @ Apr 6 2010, 09:14 PM) *

Attached Image

What model is that??

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Apr 7 2010, 03:23 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (sted @ Apr 6 2010, 04:14 PM) *

Attached Image

Sorry man...I just don't see it. A matter of preference I guess!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Apr 7 2010, 03:56 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
That's the Dragonfly. A new offering from Parker. I wanted one too. I don't want one anymore though. wink.gif

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 7 2010, 04:03 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Apr 7 2010, 03:56 AM) *
That's the Dragonfly. A new offering from Parker. I wanted one too. I don't want one anymore though. wink.gif

Those things are like $2k......... blink.gif WOW!!! I didn't realize they were that spendy......that is the bolt on model too..... huh.gif

I won't be getting one of those anytime soon. UNLESS......NoSkill decides to send me his AxeFx Ultra......then I could take the money I was gonna spend on that and buy a Dragonfly. Ball is in your court now Tom......or the Puck is in your zone as you Canadians might say....... laugh.gif tongue.gif

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Apr 7 2010, 04:04 AM

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Apr 7 2010, 04:08 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (sted @ Apr 6 2010, 04:14 PM) *

Attached Image

Ok you have a good argument ... Some Parker are nice rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Apr 7 2010, 09:37 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Apr 7 2010, 03:23 AM) *
Sorry man...I just don't see it. A matter of preference I guess!

Oh of course mate, its what makes us human! I mean im not a huge fan of PRS guitars and people are like "Are you on drugs?" laugh.gif

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Apr 7 2010, 02:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 6 2010, 09:03 PM) *
Those things are like $2k......... blink.gif WOW!!! I didn't realize they were that spendy......that is the bolt on model too..... huh.gif

But they play sooooo nice! And the Axe has been bolted to my rack and the heads stripped. I'll never let it go! NEVER!! AHAHAHAH MUAHAHAHAH!!!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 7 2010, 06:38 PM
I've been told a lot of nice comments about this brand lately. I really want to try one of those, but I didn't see one Parker guitar here in Argentina yet

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:32 AM