2 Pages V  < 1 2  
In The Sea Of Sand (finished)
The Uncreator
Jun 8 2008, 06:17 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I had some ok ideas when it came to drums, So I had a go at it, and i think I got better at it, I got the snare tone and the double bass tone and the ride, and one of the crashes to sound pretty ok, (I know one of the crashes is horrendous, in the first trem picked riff).

Let me knows what you thinks now smile.gif

QUOTE (Sentenced @ Jun 3 2008, 10:01 AM) *
How long are you playing?

Basically when the song starts, to the fade out around 3:00 minutes is one long track, then the clean part to the distortion part coming back is all one track. And of course I went back and recorded the leads and solos and stuff.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smurkas
Jun 10 2008, 02:41 PM
GMC:er
Hey man, I listened to the track with the drums on and you've gotten a pretty good drum sound. However, are you sure you want the snare on the first and third beat instead of on the second and the fourth? I think that going for the normal straight beat on the snare would give you more drive in the verse, then you can go for something special on the riff that starts at about 1:30. Also the first two bars where the drums come in sound pretty off, have you misplaced the drum parts?

/Marcus

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 10 2008, 09:22 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
As for the drums being slightly off, I cant do anything about that, I dont know what it is, If its the drum software or reaper, But ive played over and over to a metronome and im dead on, Just the beginning is a little off, same for the riff after the solo, I think I just need a better program.

However, are you sure you want the snare on the first and third beat instead of on the second and the fourth

I'll try it out and see what it sounds like, I think im finally getting used to this drum thing, Once again thanks for the help smile.gif

+Quote Post
Smurkas
Jun 10 2008, 10:09 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 10 2008, 10:22 PM) *
As for the drums being slightly off, I cant do anything about that, I dont know what it is, If its the drum software or reaper, But ive played over and over to a metronome and im dead on, Just the beginning is a little off, same for the riff after the solo, I think I just need a better program.

Yes it's the drumming program that's off, not you. I have the track with just the guitars and the intro on the drums I made is the same style as yours and the drums match up perfectly to your playing biggrin.gif. So there's nothing wrong with your playing so you can safely blame the program wink.gif.

/Marcus

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jun 10 2008, 10:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
I really dig this smile.gif Especially the verse

Smurkas, what drum program do you use?

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Smurkas
Jun 10 2008, 11:57 PM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Jun 10 2008, 11:31 PM) *
I really dig this smile.gif Especially the verse

Smurkas, what drum program do you use?

Hmm that depends on my mood wink.gif. I mostly use EZ drummer and Addictive drums. EZ if I want to do something really really fast since it's so easy to set up and get started with. AD has more options though and you can mix and match your drum sets there. When I feel like I need absolute control I pull out the old war horse drumkit from hell Superior but that one's way old and you pretty much need to know your way around micing drums for real to be able to use that one properly.

So if you're looking for cheap and easy go with EZ drummer. If you have a bit more to spend and feel like you need the extra options go for AD. If you feel that you can wait a week or two then Superior 2 is hitting stores in the end of june. If Toontracks track record is anything to go by then this product is going to be huge. If you already have EZ drummer then you get a discount on Superior 2 and EZ plugs into superior 2 as well. Exciting times biggrin.gif.

Oh by the way, to use any of these programs you actually need a host to run them in. I use Cubase but if you know your way around Reaper then that works fine as well. Also the quickest way for me to program drums by hand is using Guitar pro 5.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:07 PM