Selling An Esp Guitar In Usa
TreyDeschamp
Feb 25 2013, 05:53 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd offer up a guitar to all who live I the USA.

It is a 2010 ESP Alexi Laiho Blacky LTD.

It's well kept and maintained with no scratches or chips. I'm selling it because I need a guitar without a Floyd Rose.
It comes with hard case and all. If any of you are interested just let me know.

Selling for $750.00 but I can negotiate!
The Blacky is discontinued as of this year.

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 26 2013, 04:48 PM
GMC:er
Certainly a spiff axe! You might consider putting it up on ebay as well with a clause that you can cancel the listing if it sels outside ebay. Also, run a search on ebay and see what similar guitars are going for in recently closed auctions as it will give you an idea of what folks are generally paying for these. You may already be close on price but always good to check.

Todd

QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Feb 25 2013, 11:53 AM) *
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd offer up a guitar to all who live I the USA.

It is a 2010 ESP Alexi Laiho Blacky LTD.

It's well kept and maintained with no scratches or chips. I'm selling it because I need a guitar without a Floyd Rose.
It comes with hard case and all. If any of you are interested just let me know.

Selling for $750.00 but I can negotiate!
The Blacky is discontinued as of this year.

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Feb 27 2013, 03:26 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 26 2013, 09:48 AM) *
Certainly a spiff axe! You might consider putting it up on ebay as well with a clause that you can cancel the listing if it sels outside ebay. Also, run a search on ebay and see what similar guitars are going for in recently closed auctions as it will give you an idea of what folks are generally paying for these. You may already be close on price but always good to check.

Todd

Thanks Todd.

I checked ebay actually when deciding on a price. I also threw it up on Craigslist but I haven't gotten any replies. My only problem with selling it on ebay is the fact that I have never sold anything on ebay before and I can't afford to pay for the shipping.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 28 2013, 12:36 PM
I just checked ebay and there is a BUY IT NOW for $739 so you may have yours priced a tad high. I saw a brand new one for $779. Usually used instruments get 3/4 or so what new ones gets. I sold my 8 string ESP on Ebay by beating the best price by $100. Sold within a week. Otherwise, it may take a while. If you have plenty of time, don't worry about it, but if it's rush, make it cheaper than the competition.

The good news with ebay is that you'll be paid via paypal first, before you have to ship. That way you can use the proceeds to pay for shipping. If you don't have a paypal account, I'd say set one up ASAP as it's the easiest way to get/send money especially with ebay. But if it does hit on craigslist, make sure to get CASH. It's just easier to deal with cash than take a check and hope for the best smile.gif Also, if you need to move it quickly, find the cheapest price on ebay/craigslist and beat it by a decent amount. If that doesn't motivate a buyer nothing will.

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 28 2013, 12:40 PM

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Feb 28 2013, 01:27 PM
On Ebay you put the shipping costs as a separate figure and also get paid before you send..so shipping won't effect you. The buyer will know when he bids/or buys it now that the shipping costs is already on top...so most people will have budgeted for that already..A couple of things worth bearing in mind..(I just sold a Saxophone on ebay.) If you get paid by Paypal you'll have to pay them 3 or 4 per cent on receiving the funds...and you'll also get charged by eBay 3 or 4 per cent..If you take all of that and what Todd said into consideration you should get what you want...or at least have a more realistic view of what your guitar will be worth.Those per cents BTW are charged on top of shipping as well..(On total figures).

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Feb 28 2013, 02:11 PM
Thanks guys! I'll keep both of those things in mind!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 28 2013, 02:31 PM
Instructor
That guitar looks killer!! Good luck mate! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 28 2013, 03:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Good luck in selling it bro!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 1 2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks guys! As of now it seems I'll need all of the help I'll need!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 2 2013, 10:07 AM
Start watching auctions of similar stripe. See what auctions are actually closing for featuring used guitars of this type. Then beat that price and you should sell it within week smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 1 2013, 07:55 AM) *
Thanks guys! As of now it seems I'll need all of the help I'll need!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 2 2013, 03:42 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 2 2013, 03:07 AM) *
Start watching auctions of similar stripe. See what auctions are actually closing for featuring used guitars of this type. Then beat that price and you should sell it within week smile.gif

Todd

Awesome advice man. Thank you!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 8 2013, 06:14 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Hey Trey! I was just curious. Didn't you just get this guitar not long ago? Also I saw you mentioned that you wanted something without a Floyd Rose. Is it the type of tremolo that is the problem? Or do you just want another guitar without any tremolo? Tremolos can be blocked and thus disabled if you are looking to change tunings quicky and easier if that is the reason. I Just thought I would throw that out there just in case that was the issue. smile.gif But if you are just not happy with the guitar I wish you the best of luck getting a good price for it.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 10 2013, 04:24 AM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Mar 7 2013, 11:14 PM) *
Hey Trey! I was just curious. Didn't you just get this guitar not long ago? Also I saw you mentioned that you wanted something without a Floyd Rose. Is it the type of tremolo that is the problem? Or do you just want another guitar without any tremolo? Tremolos can be blocked and thus disabled if you are looking to change tunings quicky and easier if that is the reason. I Just thought I would throw that out there just in case that was the issue. smile.gif But if you are just not happy with the guitar I wish you the best of luck getting a good price for it.

Hey AK,

I think I just need a guitar without a floyd. Plus, V shaped guitars make practice sessions a whole lot more difficult tongue.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:36 PM