Sotw - Guitar Solo Assignments
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 9 2008, 08:56 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Ok, here are the first pieces we will work on - the guitar solos smile.gif

You have a choice of backing tracks - one is the original theme plus chorus, this is in G minor - you can use minor or pentatonic over it.

At some stage we will modulate into A dorian for the rest of the solos, and the second backing track is for that.

The track is 115 bpm, the mp3 starts on an exact bar boundary if you want to loop it to practice it a little.

I have the following people down for a solo:

Trond - A Dorian
Ivan - A Dorian
David - G Penta
Jerry - A Dorian
Juan - A Dorian
Gabriel - G Penta
Marcus L - G Penta
Hisham - G Penta
Henry - G Penta

So, pick your favorite of the backing tracks and let me know here - I'd like to get a fairly even split if possible, but lets see how it goes smile.gif

So, lets all sign up and see if we can get these done within a couple of weeks, say by the 23rd.

I prefer wav files and I now have an FTP site setup, PM me for details when you have something ready. If your recording setup supports it, I'd love to have a dry guitar as well as an effected guitar - too many effects might make it harder to mix, but on the other hand if you have a signature sound you want to reproduce I will go with that smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Smoke_G_Minor_Penta.mp3 ( 1.15MB ) Number of downloads: 302
Attached File  Smoke__A_Dorian.mp3 ( 1.07MB ) Number of downloads: 268

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 9 2008, 11:32 PM
Instructor
Cool backings! I go for the first one! (G penta). smile.gif I'm ill now sad.gif (I should be resting now but I'm bored of being on my bed!) but can't wait to jam over it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 10 2008, 03:05 PM
G penta it is!

Hope you get better soon ...

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Aug 10 2008, 03:29 PM
Instructor
I am with G pentatonic

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Aug 10 2008, 08:32 PM
Instructor
A Dorian here smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Aug 11 2008, 12:46 AM
Instructor
I'll take the G penta section. :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 11 2008, 12:58 AM
Ok guys, duly noted smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Aug 11 2008, 03:02 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
G Minor Penta for me!! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Henry Dietzel: Aug 11 2008, 03:02 PM

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 12 2008, 09:23 PM
Instructor
A dorian (modulation) for me Andrew, if possible smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 12 2008, 11:29 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 12 2008, 04:23 PM) *
A dorian (modulation) for me Andrew, if possible smile.gif

Great I was hoping for more Dorian fansd smile.gif And Henry I have you down for Penta !

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Aug 13 2008, 02:56 PM
Instructor
A Dorian here, if possible.

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 13 2008, 04:36 PM
QUOTE (Jerry Arcidiacono @ Aug 13 2008, 09:56 AM) *
A Dorian here, if possible.

Great smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 16 2008, 03:19 PM
Instructor
Andrew, I just wanted to get things straight once again before I start doing my solo. What exactly do I have to record?

1. Do I have to send you audio&video separately,

2. Do I have to send audio dry&wet version (with fx comments) so you can mix it effectively?

PS It is not a hassle for me at all, just want to know in advance, specially about the video/audio part.

Thanks man smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Aug 17 2008, 11:32 PM
Instructor
thanks Ivan for these ?'s also i am looking to know the answer's from Andrew

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 18 2008, 12:48 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 16 2008, 10:19 AM) *
Andrew, I just wanted to get things straight once again before I start doing my solo. What exactly do I have to record?

1. Do I have to send you audio&video separately,

2. Do I have to send audio dry&wet version (with fx comments) so you can mix it effectively?

PS It is not a hassle for me at all, just want to know in advance, specially about the video/audio part.

Thanks man smile.gif

Great questions Ivan smile.gif

I want us to concentrate on the audio first, so unless you particularly want to, I don't need the video for a while yet. On the oher hand, if you want to do it all at the same time that's great, as long as you send me a couple of different angles of your solo, maybe even 3, and some shots of you playing along with the rest of the song, even if you aren't playing anything specific.

For the audio, its up to you - I would like a version with FX on to see how you want it to sound, but would also really like a dry version if you can manage it for insurance, kustin case I have trouble with the mix, but the dry part is optional as you will probabky get the perfect wet sound for your solo anyway!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Aug 18 2008, 11:04 AM
Instructor
Andrew ! should we use the GMC instructor T-shirt for recording video or its free

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 18 2008, 11:09 AM
Instructor
Checked Andrew, I'll do the audio first and then I'll do the video as well. Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 18 2008, 12:17 PM
QUOTE (Hisham Al-Sanea @ Aug 18 2008, 06:04 AM) *
Andrew ! should we use the GMC instructor T-shirt for recording video or its free

Lets see what Kris thinks about this one - I'm thinking not as I want this to look a lot like a regular rock video but Kris might have a different idea!

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 18 2008, 06:09 AM) *
Checked Andrew, I'll do the audio first and then I'll do the video as well. Thanks.

Thanks Ivan - I haven't really thought a lot about how the video will look yet but one thing I would prefer is shots that include your face - not the standard GMC guitar only shot - this is meant to look like a rock video as I said above.

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 18 2008, 12:23 PM
Instructor
Well in that case Andrew, I'll try to do some more exotic angles. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 18 2008, 12:25 PM
Oooh, could be interesting!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:44 PM