2 Pages V  < 1 2  
One On One Lessons...
Ryan
Jul 6 2007, 09:29 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 6 2007, 03:23 AM) *
About the 101 format - the way I see it:

Cons:

* It is not upported by our lesson uploading interface. huh.gif Sorry, lesson interface is the reason why we have one update per day now instead of one per week.

* A good 101 lesson requires quite a bit from the instructor (good language, teaching experience, better video editing capabilities). With our current lesson format if you're a good guitarist, you will most likely be able to do great lessons.

In other words ist is much harder to guarantee high quality standards - even though I am quite sure most of our current instructors could make a good one.

Pros

* Possiblity of more thouroughly explanations for the instructors use to live teaching

* "Feels" more like a live 101 lesson

My suggestion - for the near future let's stick to the current lesson format. However, for those teachers who want to go for the 101 format we can add the possibility of including a longer intro video.

As it is now instructors get a little bonus for a short 101 intro-spoken-video (such as the ones David Wallimann, Pavel and Roo have done recently) - but we can work out a better comission for a longer such video.

This would in other words be a compromise. smile.gif

Kris

101 lessons would be amazingly great I must say, but its great how it is at GMC right now w/o new 101 lessons. So I definitly accept your compromise Kris. It will add more to the lesson videos. Brief explanations of any sort. At the start of the lessons, would make our lessons even more better.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jul 6 2007, 04:22 PM
Instructor
So what should be the length of a new opening ? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 7 2007, 01:25 PM
GMC Founder
I think I have got a good idea that will please everyone - stay tuned! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jammer91
Jul 7 2007, 03:07 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 6 2007, 12:23 PM) *
About the 101 format - the way I see it:

Cons:

* It is not upported by our lesson uploading interface. huh.gif Sorry, lesson interface is the reason why we have one update per day now instead of one per week.

* A good 101 lesson requires quite a bit from the instructor (good language, teaching experience, better video editing capabilities). With our current lesson format if you're a good guitarist, you will most likely be able to do great lessons.

In other words ist is much harder to guarantee high quality standards - even though I am quite sure most of our current instructors could make a good one.

Pros

* Possiblity of more thouroughly explanations for the instructors use to live teaching

* "Feels" more like a live 101 lesson

My suggestion - for the near future let's stick to the current lesson format. However, for those teachers who want to go for the 101 format we can add the possibility of including a longer intro video.

As it is now instructors get a little bonus for a short 101 intro-spoken-video (such as the ones David Wallimann, Pavel and Roo have done recently) - but we can work out a better comission for a longer such video.

This would in other words be a compromise. smile.gif

Kris

Kris, I doesnt really matter if the video comes out to be of exceptional quality. I dont mind a YouTube'ish (i made a new word!!!) quality lesson. The 101 lesson really helped me (like the penatonics lesson). Why cant you make the 101 lessons high quality? Im sure you can also get other instructors to pool in some 101 lessons.

I have another question Kris. Why cant you upload the lessons you posted on ultimate-guitar (like hybrid picking)?

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 7 2007, 03:11 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (jammer91 @ Jul 7 2007, 10:07 AM) *
I have another question Kris. Why cant you upload the lessons you posted on ultimate-guitar (like hybrid picking)?

I suspect that UG would have made Kris sign an exclusivity contract for those videos, just like we do with our instructors ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
JOhn
Jul 8 2007, 12:13 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 7 2007, 10:25 PM) *
I think I have got a good idea that will please everyone - stay tuned! biggrin.gif

you better laugh.gif

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 8 2007, 12:18 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 7 2007, 07:25 AM) *

Ohh, I wish i had patience. sad.gif

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Jeff
Jul 9 2007, 07:49 PM
I joined GMC because of the 101 lessons. Now, granted, that was long time ago - when there were only 5 or 6 lessons. I like the 101 lessons because I feel that I learn a great deal more than the current format. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy learning the riffs and stuff in the current format but I don't enjoy it as much as the full explanation of 101. However, I understand what Kris is saying about it.

If I can make a suggestion that may or may not be appropriate - I think it would be nice to see an option to contribute to the instructors whose lessons you enjoy learning from the most. I know members pay to join already and it would be totally optional, but I think it might be a better attraction to instructors to know that they may earn a little extra if there was an option to contribute like a donation or whatever to a paypal or similar type of account as a "thanks for that cool lesson here's a few bucks toward your new guitar" type of thing from those members who appreciate that particular lesson.

I may be out of line here and Kris I hope this doesn't cause any trouble, but I have to say that I have really learned a lot more than I would have had I not joined GMC two years ago and I would be greatful to give back to those who have tought me.

Just a thought. smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:02 AM